Low temperatures rosin dabs

Jaawill

I wanted to see if anyone had a method for low temp dabs. I have a rosin press and have been making rosin. I’d like to use it but want to stay as low as possible. Was hoping to stay about 400 degrees. Anyone has success using a dry vape with rosin.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I wanted to see if anyone had a method for low temp dabs. ... Was hoping to stay about 400 degrees. Anyone has success using a dry vape with rosin.
yes, but not quite that low - i can vape rosin @ 430F in my vape - i have to put it on a small pile of herb so it doesn't melt and run out the holes in the bottom of the vial ... i was (re)gifted 1g of rosin for Festivus - i am not a fan, too much wax in the rosin for my lungs.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: arb

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
okay, but the wax seems concentrated in the rosin, eh?
High quality hash rosin will have less waxes than flower rosin as you’re only getting the waxes from the trichomes and not the leafy plant material as well - But dry flower will have the most waxes as it’s the starting material all concentrates are made from.

Anyways OP seems to be conflating old vaporizer infographics with concentrates which you can’t really do since it doesn’t contain leafy plant material.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i thought OP was making rosin using a rosin press which presses the whole flower, which would release a lot more wax than using hash as the starting material.

anyway, the "solventless cured rosin" i have has too much wax for me. whereas when i vape flower, that amount of waxes isn't so bad.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: arb

shredder

I find flower way smoother and easier on my lungs over time for some reason.
Even a couple dabs gets me wheezy.
😞
I'm just the opposite. Vaping herb gets me wheezy. I'm convinced its the particulates in the vapor and rosin vapor has less, plus when I vape rosin its much less total hits due to it being stronger. Having asthma is a factor as well.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Perhaps you can better explain your position Arb? I am not following?

I am not connecting how someone's distaste for wax content of rosin is relevant to the question. He was looking for information about how he can consume rosin at low temps.

FlyingLow,
  • Sad
Reactions: shredder

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anyone has success using a dry vape with rosin.
I have had OK results using my XMax Ace with rosin due to mostly conduction heating and being able to hit 255c(491f). I think 400f is getting a bit low in temp to vaporize rosin well. :tup:
Fresh uncured buds makes 'chirpy' rosin whereas properly cured buds make the rosin nice and smooth...a lot easier on the throat in my experience.
That said, I get great results (the best for me) on my DNail SiC Halo at around 420f to 490f, a nice compromise between vapor production and flavor with my bud based rosin.
OP seems to be conflating old vaporizer infographics with concentrates
I can't be fucked Googling those words to try to work out what you are saying, did you swallow a dictionary?:lol:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I can't be fucked Googling those words to try to work out what you are saying, did you swallow a dictionary?:lol:

Lol my bad, I forgot about this thread.
I just meant that 99.99% of these temperature related posts come from old charts like this one

4ivq53nx7zg21.jpg

OP mentions in his other rosin thread "I’ve been a dry herb vaper. I don’t want to combust or go into temps that can release benzene or carcinogens." The 400 number is just arbitrary because the chart says 401F is too far. I don't fault the OP as I used to subscribe to these charts too, they seem scientific and convincing at face value. Realistically it's creates hyperbole considering the lack of indicated temperature readings on most vaporizers even representing the true temperature of the extraction. If you try to translate this chart to concentrate vaporization there's some flaws to consider. The absence of "plant stuff" in extracts will have a very real effect on combustion temperatures, not to mention differences in surface area, surface tension, etc. It's like boiling lemons versus boiling lemonade. :science:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Ahhh, now I understand, thanks @invertedisdead, I always thought that chart was referring to buds in a herb vape as they are pretty well useless for dabs... lots of wasted concentrates left unvaporized to swab up at most of those temps.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I am just beginning to toy with extracts and have some hash rosin in the mail. My plan was to test it out on my M with a newly acquired dynacoil. I am trying to figure out my best option for consumption device for extract. I would prefer electric maybe a mod or something like the puffco need something that will not freak out my wife or my budget.

hans solo,

Texus

I am just beginning to toy with extracts and have some hash rosin in the mail. My plan was to test it out on my M with a newly acquired dynacoil. I am trying to figure out my best option for consumption device for extract. I would prefer electric maybe a mod or something like the puffco need something that will not freak out my wife or my budget.
Have not tried it with hash rosin specifically but a Xomo is a great cute starter e-rig. And I've seen it between $60-80 range with Black Friday sales etc.

Easy and intuitive. Ceramic bowl, but to be expected at this price.

Nice unthreatening starter piece for extracts.

liamdhs

YAMi
I wanted to see if anyone had a method for low temp dabs. I have a rosin press and have been making rosin. I’d like to use it but want to stay as low as possible. Was hoping to stay about 400 degrees. Anyone has success using a dry vape with rosin.
I'd have to say I agree with most of the other comments that say you should get a rig instead of a dry vaporizer. That being said, IMO a temptech or device of similar design is definitely the way to go. Whether you find out you like heady or scientific design you should always pair your piece with some decent quartz. I'd recommend bear quartz, or you can jump to the deepend and grab something like highlyeducated or evan shore. I personally dab my rosin at 500-650f, with both a Dr.Dabber & heady and scientific rigs so I can't say which is best for you without knowing how you're tryna set yourself up, on the go smoking or a desktop station.

liamdhs,

LaughingDog

I have a Ditanium which works great for dabs, you can go as low temp as you want with that one. I also have a VapeXhale EVO which I'm still getting used to but is also completely adjustable. Both hit extremely hard and work well with both flower and concentrates.

Top Bottom