LOTS of recipies here.......

lwien

My pleasure. Some of this stuff looks really, really good, like the Spicy Coconut Chicken Thai Hash Soup. :p

lwien,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
That does sound yummy!

I am really interested in the addition of soy lecithin in many of the recipes. I had never thought to use something like that. I am definitely going to make some of the coconut oil capsules. I like how the recipe involves basically making a hash oil first. That is a way to make some seriously strong capsules, or even tincture.

Nuphile,

Tuck

Yes he seems to be a big proponent of using concentrates. I believe herb girl is going that route as well. I definitely need to find the soy lecitin before my next batch of edibles.

Tuck,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
WOW! Right up my alley! I love the party trick for the glowing candies. i can see myself making glowing skeletons for Halloween! I've been debating picking up some lecithin just for these purposes and this just sealed the deal. It is also recommended when making kava kava preparations. i guess it's off to the HFS...

herbgirl,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
this thread also goes more into the decarb process. a tad scienc-y for me, but pretty understandable. FASCINATING! I'm about halfway through and it's a page turner :) Anybody who makes edibles needs to read this thread.

herbgirl,

Tuck

Yea, theresa a lot of good info. between your posts on using concentrates and this one, I'm a convert. I still need to find the soy lecitin. I'm probably going to try the capsule recipe next.

Tuck,

lepstadder

all the info about soy lecithin is pretty cool

I found it at the local (natural) pharmacy

lepstadder,

SD_haze

Anything bad shown against it has been relatively inconsistent with other studies tho

SD_haze,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i think the bad info about soy relates to the fact that it is almost all GMO. Wonder why soy allergies are becoming more prevalent? well, that's it. scientists have been messing with genes and as a result the soy ends up being more allergenic somehow. I experienced this first hand in in my two boys that had severe food allergies. Soy is also said to have some detrimental effect on growth and development because of the hormones/mimics in it.

But guess what? i now have a tin of the granules waiting to be used in some cookies. I still eat soy because it's almost unavoidable, but we do so in moderation - i do read labels.

herbgirl,

luchiano

All the bad stuff associated with soy has been it's isolates that have been used in high concentrations OR have been hydrogenated such as fake meats. Even then eating them once in a while isn't bad if your other foods are whole. Whole soy beans or even tofu isn't shown to cause problems because it is heated before consumption like ALL legumes should be. Whenever you see reports about how soy is a bad source of protein or it has estrogen like compounds they are playing trickery with the info.

Yes, it has protein inhibitors BUT that is when it's raw so the plant won't breakdown and not be useful, nature is very smart. When you cook the beans in boiling water this breaks down these inhibitors and make the beans' protein available to the body.

When they talk about soy having estrogen like compounds this isn't a bad thing, plus all whole foods have these compounds even cannabis and beer. These compounds are good because they prevent strong estrogen, either made in the body or from environment, from causing problems because they attach to the same receptors BUT they are weak and don't last long and the extra, strong estrogen goes to the gut to be excreted as it attaches to the soluble fiber that you will have in your gut if you eat fresh, dried, whole beans. Canned beans for whatever reason doesn't breakdown as easily and therefore the soluble fiber isn't in direct contact with the membrane of the gut and is less effective then dried beans that have been soaked overnight or at least eight hours.

luchiano,
Just thought I'd poke my head in and introduce myself, since I happened to click through to see what all these recipes were about, and they turned out to be a little more personal than I expected. :) I don't do the forums much any more, these days, but I do update the edible tutorials regularly, or as often as I can. :lol:

I'm glad the tutorials have been spreading, seeing this discussion was a truly unexpected pleasure!

BadKittySmiles,

Tuck

Hi BadKittySmiles! Welcome to FC. I love reading your recipes and check them often. Thanks for all the great information. I'm planning on making some capsules this weekend :)

Tuck,
Top Bottom