Looking to switch from bong rips to vape, need some help!

Downfvll

I have been researching all day and I am still kinda not sure what I want.. some that seem nice are:
- VapeXhale EVO
- DynaVap M
- E-nano
- Ed's TnT Buckeye Burl WoodScents

I want this for herb and some shatter occasionally. I need thick clouds of vapor because I take massive bong rips and the transition will be rough if the vapor is thin.

The cheaper the better obviously so any ideas? I want to be able to take a vape hit early and not be fried then be able to take a vape hit after work and get fried from it. Is this possible with any of these?

Another thing I had in mind was getting a vape mod box or whatever and getting this https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/saionara-divine-tribe-v3-gen-2-combo/
which apparently I could hit CBD juice, herbs, and wax with the different atomizers.

So which would you suggest? I want to move away from smoke. I find I am more calm and have less anxiety when high from thick vapor. Thanks.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The DynaVap would be your cheapest option at $50. You could buy a DynaVap VapCap M. That means you might have enough money to buy two vaporizers. The VapCap would be really similar to the ritual of smoking since it uses a butane lighter.

The EVO would be the most expensive, I have one but use my logs vapes more. Both logs that you mentioned would be a great choice. The Woodscents does cost a bit more than the Enano. The WS comes with a very nice package of extras.

Since you are stopping combustion I would use a fairly high heat to get you over the hump. After 2 weeks it will be smooth sailing for you. Don't cheat and smoke joints or bongs too. It will defeat your purpose. It will make the transition more difficult. No combusting at all! Your lungs will thank you for it.

Remember always tooooooo Fuckcombustion.:2c::leaf:

Last edited:

Downfvll

The DynaVap would be your cheapest option at $50. You could buy a DynaVap VapCap M. That means you might have enough money to buy two vaporizers. The VapCap would be really similar to the ritual of smoking since it uses a butane lighter.

The EVO would be the most expensive, I have one but use my logs vapes more. Both logs that you mentioned would be a great choice. The Woodscents does cost a bit more than the Enano. The WS comes with a very nice package of extras.

Since you are stopping combustion I would use a fairly high heat to get you over the hump. After 2 weeks it will be smooth sailing for you. Your lungs will thank you for it.

You use the log vape over the EVO? Interesting guess EVO is crossed off now.

Now does that WS package come basically with a dynavap? it looks like it.

CarolKing

The Woodscents doesn't come with a DynaVap. It has the same ti tip as some of the VapCaps. I bought a VapCap M and use it as a stem for my WS. I used the ti tip from the Woodscents stem that I had and modified it by exchanging ti tips basically. I took out the inside parts. Some VapCaps will fit perfectly. You will need to find out which will fit. Just ask on the DynaVap/VapCap thread.

The EVO is a heavy hitter. It's big and you can buy water tools especially for it. It's expensive around $400. It also comes with a glass nail. If dropped the EVO's glass bamboo inside will break.
It's costly to get it fixed. A log vape you can leave out. It's very small and unassuming. It's very easy to use as an oil defuser as well. If anybody asks what it is? it's an oil defuser.

Last edited:

vaporist4LIFE

If you don't mind a torch get the supreme v3. It will replicate the bong hit even better then you can imagine ...thick smooth vapor clouds ...like a dab but in flower form. .I'm almost scared to use it ;)

vaporist4LIFE

The Sublimator will do exactly this with both herb & shatter & would be my first choice if I had a do over transition.
Or flower pot twax to save on $$ that can go towards medicine !! Either way it's a win win :D
---melting pots video says it all about the supreme !! Made a combustion friend of mine get the chills he said...hard core smoker tapped out thanks to the Supreme ! And some say vapes don't hit hard ;)

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
You should also consider the Herborizer Ti as a dedicated bong vape.
The Dynavaps are excellents with water tools, take a look:

4GN040q.gif

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
The Vaponic is even cheaper than a vapcap - about 35 bucks on ebay. Somehow it's really underrated and not too common outside of europe, but it's mostly convection and offers a flavour that can easily withstand comparison to the best vapes out there, if used right (one of the simplest and best fluid dynamic concepts out there, reverse airflow can't get much better).
Yes, there is a learning curve and no click indicator but u can see the herb and that visible indicator never fails (as long as u have light) and is really nice if u can see concentrates bubble :)
Additionally u can judge the temp by moving your finger near the line on the hot glass, if its too hot to touch you've probably overheated (with herbs).
Works nice on 14 mil chillums without the back glass mouthpiece, but can also be used with it on:
Heat retention is also good, gives 4-5 puffs or 2-3 rips with one heat cycle

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I'd say a log if you don't need a portable. Logs are plenty powerful, take a lot of abuse, and can go light vapor or huge clouds easily with a little practice. They are also misers on your stash. If you're smoking/combusting now, expect to go through about 1/3 (maybe as little as 1/4) as much until you get used to vaping instead. After that, you'll probably use even less.

nano is a solid performer that has been around for years. It will create huge clouds and does well with trates (just put on cotton or hemp fiber).

WoodScents is quite an upgrade. It is gorgeous and seems to be more fine tuned. It will also create huge clouds and looks to do well with trates. It is more expensive than the nano, but has higher end components and comes with a bunch more stuff.

If you've got the cash and like high end stuff, I'd suggest the WS. If you're looking to get into a great vape for a little more than $200, the nano would be the best choice.

Should mention, as with many other things in life, while I feel like the WS is certainly worth the higher price, what you get out of it from a truly "vaping" perspective isn't that much better than nano. Simplest nano with added glass GonG is about $204. WoodScents simplest package is about $295. The WoodScents does come with all kinds of stuff. Even considering that, I wouldn't say the WS is going to give you a 50% better vaping experience. However, I would say it can give a somewhat better vaping experience, and is a more refined and beautiful vaporizer. It is also easier to get more premium woods, and probably more quickly. Again, more cost at what I would say is a trail of diminishing returns in terms of vaping experience/$. But, still totally worth it for the beauty and refinement.

There is a lot about comparisons in the last few pages of the WS thread. Direct comparisons like this are usually discouraged on FC in vape specific threads. Start reading at my request for basic comparison for much more on that! But, blatant "which produces biggest clouds" (as you posted in nano thread) are usually considered by many to be over the line. No worries! Doubt you knew about it. But, be aware. And, realize that's why my response was what it was there.:)

Oh yeah.... almost forgot... Welcome to FC! :wave: One of the best forums about anything on the web, and unquestionably the best about vaping and most things weed related - except smoking it.

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I was a heavy bong smoker and basically only smoked through a bong. I was able to quit smoking with the LSV. It was my first vape but VAS got a hold of me and now I own multiple vapes.

The LSV kicks ass super easy to use with a bong but not very easy to use concentrates with.
The EVO is awesome and can be used with concentrates but isn't the best for concentrate use imo. It can be used with a bong super easy as well.
I find logs are ok but I can taste wood from them and they are not concentrate friendly.
The flower pot kick ass and is my favorite vape I have used super easy to caper weed or dab from. You have to use the flower pot through glass.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I was a heavy bong smoker and basically only smoked through a bong. I was able to quit smoking with the LSV. It was my first vape but VAS got a hold of me and now I own multiple vapes.

The LSV kicks ass super easy to use with a bong but not very easy to use concentrates with.
The EVO is awesome and can be used with concentrates but isn't the best for concentrate use imo. It can be used with a bong super easy as well.
I find logs are ok but I can taste wood from them and they are not concentrate friendly.
The flower pot kick ass and is my favorite vape I have used super easy to caper weed or dab from. You have to use the flower pot through glass.

What log have you ever tasted wood from? I own a nano (and have used one daily for more than 4 years), a HI and now a WoodScents. I've also used 2 different UDs - one more times than I can count. Have NEVER tasted wood from any. Nor do I recall anyone saying here on FC anyone ever saying they tasted wood from a log (tho honestly don't keep up with UD thread).

Also, have had many great experiences with trates in both nano & HI. Hope to try some with WoodScents this weekend. Have found logs to be GREAT with any concentrates (shatter, BHO, kief, wax, live resin, CO2 extractions, rosin, moon rocks, etc) other than vape pen oil. Hash also works well. IME logs (and some other vapes) work even better than dabs because easy to maintain constant temp, many more hits per gram (or fraction of), less coughing, better adjusted and flavorful hits, easier reclaim and less messy.

Nothing against LSV, EVO or flowerpot (which I haven't had the chance to try), or you, for that matter. But, seems like really bad info to give to someone who just joined FC and is looking for some good advice, not BS.

Any of the three, especially the flowerpot which looks very interesting, may be best option for OP instead of a log, but no need to spread false info, or at least info contrary to almost all other users experiences, is there?

Last edited:
flotntoke,

Likes2vape

What log have you ever tasted wood from? I own a nano (and have used one daily for more than 4 years), a HI and now a WoodScents. I've also used 2 different UDs - one more times than I can count. Have NEVER tasted wood from any. Nor do I recall anyone saying here on FC anyone ever saying they tasted wood from a log (tho honestly don't keep up with UD thread).

Also, have had many great experiences with trates in both nano & HI. Hope to try some with WoodScents this weekend. Have found logs to be GREAT with any concentrates (shatter, BHO, kief, wax, live resin, CO2 extractions, rosin, moon rocks, etc) other than vape pen oil. Hash also works well. IME logs (and some other vapes) work even better than dabs because easy to maintain constant temp, many more hits per gram (or fraction of), less coughing, better adjusted and flavorful hits, easier reclaim and less messy.

Nothing against LSV, EVO or flowerpot (which I haven't had the chance to try), or you, for that matter. But, seems like really bad info to give to someone who just joined FC and is looking for some good advice, not BS.

Any of the three, especially the flowerpot which looks very interesting, may be best option for OP instead of a log, but no need to spread false info, or at least info contrary to almost all other users experiences, is there?
I have 2 underdogs and 2 mini dogs and I taste wood on all of them and so do my friends. It's not terrible but it is there. I'm not spreading misinformation I'm sharing my experience and the experience of my friends.

Likes2vape,
Reactions: steama

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I have 2 underdogs and 2 mini dogs and I taste wood on all of them and so do my friends. It's not terrible but it is there. I'm not spreading misinformation I'm sharing my experience and the experience of my friends.

Sorry, have never noticed on the friend's one I use and know the other logs I have don't. Apologies for typing while grumpy. :(

CarolKing

The only experience I have are with the three log vapes that I have. I only taste wood when I use strictly a wooden stem. I can taste some of the wood using the ti tip wooden stem that I have as well. When I use a glass stem with my Enano I don't taste wood, I taste the vapor from the cannabis I'm using. We all may have slightly different experiences. Some of us may be more sensitive to smells and tastes.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
In terms of sheer power, the Evo cannot be beaten for herb unless you're comparing it to the Subliminator or a torch based desktop.

The logs are great and useful, but if you want a full-lung, fast inhale, massive bong rip, that's where the Evo fills the bill better than the rest. I take the comparison of cars: Logs are Hondas. Very nice, not super fast, but good speed, lasts forever. The Evo is a Ferrari. You can punch it and your head will get pushed back.

yogoshio,

Waldorulez

Just know vaping is not the same as smoking it gets you high but not the same feeling so try not to get the vas chasing a bong hit high

Waldorulez,

x-cannabis.com

I am writing a blog on for the vaping for the beginner.

Two things:

1) this site and its members know their S**t
2) I really don't know where to begin... yet.

Thanks for letting me watch and learn. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I have been using a cheapo I got in a gift bag from a dispensary opening in Denver.

Great site.

x-cannabis.com,
Reactions: TeeJay1952
Top Bottom