looking to get 4pc grinders/containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkytofus

a. im looking at ebay ones for $10-15 and space case ones for like $70 plus

is the space case ones much better or is it just a brand name and the ebay ones will work just as good?

what is the point of a magnetic grinder? just curious lol

b. besides space case containers, are there other containers for medicinal herbs that you guys recommend?

c. i am in the process of getting an vaporizer, grinder, stash container, am i missing other things?

stinkytofus,

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Look into the Kannastor gr8tr, its above the $70 price that you mentioned, but alot of people here have only good things to say about them. I ordered one and am waiting. Lifetime warranty and customer service is superb. I used SPRING420 and got 20% off.

I had a spacecase titanium, turned out to be shit. It started peeling inside the first day. Went to the garbage can.

I just ordered a few Cvaults for storage. Again another well talked about item, combined with boveda packs, your stash should be fresh for a long while.

But dont take my word for it, look around and do your research. I am happy with my purchase.

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: Hyphy

max

Out to lunch
is the space case ones much better or is it just a brand name and the ebay ones will work just as good?
There are lots of decent inexpensive grinders. I've tried the whole price range and many different brands. Here's a good example. I've had one of these for many years. $13 delivered, still works great and it's anodized so it needs cleaning less often and doesn't scratch up. This is another great deal in a 2 piece. Excellent machining and very easy to turn for $17. It's about the same size as the small Space Case but my wife much prefers the EDIT because it turns so easily. You may have to grind longer with an 'easy turner', to get a fine grind, but it's no big deal.

Space Case grinders are machined to perfection but that doesn't translate to better grinding. I have no problem with the small 2 piece SC, since you can get it for $20 or less, but the 4 piece models are just too expensive for me to recommend, along with the other high priced brands. I've bought a couple though, tried 'em out and resold. You really only need a 4 piece when your herb is dry, since grinding is going to separate the kief anyway, and a 4 piece makes it easy to collect.
what is the point of a magnetic grinder?
A magnet just makes it easy to keep the two sections together. It serves no purpose during grinding. Almost all grinders have one.
i am in the process of getting an vaporizer, grinder, stash container, am i missing other things?
Nothing significant, and you don't really need to spend much on storage either.

little maggie

I've been experimenting with several different popular grinders and the Kannastor gr8tr exceeds any of the others. You can get it at Amazon for $65. On the other hand if you buy something from PIU they include for free a decent 4 piece. Doesn't compare to the Kannastor but it's good enough.

Hyphy

a. im looking at ebay ones for $10-15 and space case ones for like $70 plus

what is the point of a magnetic grinder? just curious lol

b. besides space case containers, are there other containers for medicinal herbs that you guys recommend?

c. i am in the process of getting an vaporizer, grinder, stash container, am i missing other things?

a: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herb-grinders.15/ (summary is the GR8TR seems to be the best of the bunch at the moment)
b: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/jyarz-storage-containers.9346/
c: Nuggets :D

stinkytofus

I've been experimenting with several different popular grinders and the Kannastor gr8tr exceeds any of the others. You can get it at Amazon for $65. On the other hand if you buy something from PIU they include for free a decent 4 piece. Doesn't compare to the Kannastor but it's good enough.
PIU?

stinkytofus,

stinkytofus

get the 4pc or the whole thing?

Look into the Kannastor gr8tr, its above the $70 price that you mentioned, but alot of people here have only good things to say about them. I ordered one and am waiting. Lifetime warranty and customer service is superb. I used SPRING420 and got 20% off.

I had a spacecase titanium, turned out to be shit. It started peeling inside the first day. Went to the garbage can.

I just ordered a few Cvaults for storage. Again another well talked about item, combined with boveda packs, your stash should be fresh for a long while.

But dont take my word for it, look around and do your research. I am happy with my purchase.
whats the difference between the solid body grinder vs the jar grinder? pictures looks the same? or should i just get the 4pc

Last edited by a moderator:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
You might want a water piece adapter for your vaporizer and a water piece. Make sure your vaporizer will accept GonG, NonG, WonG, etc.

Check out the cheap high qualitty bubbler thread to see a slew of china glass pieces that are used with vapes by members. I'm getting a FC UFO to use with a log vape soon.

It's a long thread. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

Read some of the more recent postings.

stinkytofus

300-400 for a glass piece? wow lol

whats the difference between the solid body grinder vs the jar grinder? pictures looks the same? or should i just get the 4pc

Last edited by a moderator:
stinkytofus,

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician

From my understanding the jar has an extra and bigger storage container and the solid body has more plates that you can switch up between different grinds, course or fine grind. Both of then have a storage on the top, where the lid goes, but the jar has another storage you can see in the middle of the body. Maybe someone can chime in and correct me if Im wrong.

Though you always have many other options for storage containers, it could be ideal for you to get the solid body gr8tr, you can always take away and put on to change the your grind or if your space is limited. Again, its up to you.

Again dont take my word for it, ask questions and do your research.

Even though I did not purchase the gr8tr itself, I was also confused whether I should get the gr8tr solid body or the jar. Not feeling a need to use so many pieces, ai settled for the 2 piece grinder, frankly I lost hope for grinders. I tried a variety of them and did not like them. Everyone has different expectations. I did however purchased this 2 piece because all the great things I heard about the company and I was impressed with their customer service when I sent them an email with a question.

Waiting on the grinder. If it is how I imagine it will be, I will be purchasing and recommending them more in the future.

If worse comes to worse, you can always email kannastor on their website. They are very helpful and eager to answer questions.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,

Hyphy

The only difference is that the jar version has a plastic window to see the grinded herbs while the solid body is, well, solid metal instead of a window. I got the solid because I don't like plastic parts and I didn't want to have any potential issues soaking in alcohol when cleaning.

little maggie

I have the solid. It is identical to the jar one as Hyphy said. Much better than the spacecase. One of the things I like about the gr8tr is that the top section comes off and works as a small stash container. For whatever reason the solid is less money. You could try the 4 piece which sells for about $40 at Amazon. It's still a good grinder even without the extra screen and I think you can buy that separately if you want that in the future.

I use jyarz for storage. You can check out the jyARZ thread.
Also my first water appliance was a DO20 from DHgate. Many here have use it and it is a good basic water appliance for less than $40. When you figure out what vape you're getting you can get an adaptor. If you get the Haze 3, buy Ed's water adaptor for the Haze 3.

little maggie,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom