Looking for something "cooler"

cannajunk

Hello everyone,

I've been a happy herbalaire owner for nearly a year..

I don't use the bags too often, mostly the whip. I do find that this method is a little irritating on the throat after .. well...nearly constant use...whenever I'm not working or sleeping anyway...

I actually recently developed candidiasis (commonly known as thrush, a fungal infection in the throat and lungs...). I'm not sure if my vapor habits have caused this or not... I always try to vape high quality herbs so I don't think it would be from mold...

Anyway...If and when this infection ever clears up, I'd like to shop around for a 'cooler' vape that has options for ice chamber/water-cooling accessories to put my throat at ease...

I've been looking at the SSV and Da Buddha, are there any alternatives to these that fit the above criteria? They both seem like solid units.

Can anyone advise me further?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

cannajunk,

max

Out to lunch
Since I'm a long time herbalAire owner, I can tell you that your issue isn't heat so much as it is the VOLUME of heated air you're getting. The herbalAire design is great for efficiently vaping the pieces of herb that you load (it's not designed for ground herb), but that design doesn't work nearly as well for satisfying whip use. The vapor to air ratio is not high, meaning you get a lot of air with your hits, drying out your throat.

The link lwien provided is for an upcoming release of what should be a great bong type, big hitting vape. If $300 or more (and a wait for production to start) doesn't suit you, the DBV or SSV would do the job a lot better than the herbalAire with whip. Both can be used with water filtration if you like, and you'll also find that the vapor/air ratio is much better with either model. Just set the temp dial where a nice, easy draw will get you lots of rich vapor without a lot of extra hot air.

max,

Beezleb

Just to add on the good advice already I given, I personally own a DBV and want for no other whip style vape for me along with what was recommend i would add these for you to consider as well.

I would also recommend looking into the vapor bros or for a bargain look for the vapor 2g and up. I see them at vaporstore.com starting for $99 and thats a bargain.

To cool the temps with what you have now i would consider donging the following, Take a sip of something cool before each vape. Also you can run your hose into a bong or a chiller to cool the vapor.

Beezleb,

cannajunk

max said:
Since I'm a long time herbalAire owner, I can tell you that your issue isn't heat so much as it is the VOLUME of heated air you're getting. The herbalAire design is great for efficiently vaping the pieces of herb that you load (it's not designed for ground herb), but that design doesn't work nearly as well for satisfying whip use. The vapor to air ratio is not high, meaning you get a lot of air with your hits, drying out your throat.

The link lwien provided is for an upcoming release of what should be a great bong type, big hitting vape. If $300 or more (and a wait for production to start) doesn't suit you, the DBV or SSV would do the job a lot better than the herbalAire with whip. Both can be used with water filtration if you like, and you'll also find that the vapor/air ratio is much better with either model. Just set the temp dial where a nice, easy draw will get you lots of rich vapor without a lot of extra hot air.
Knowing me...I'll probably get either the SSV or DBV now, and then get the cloud when it comes out as well lol... That thing looks pretty fantastic.

I didn't see anything on their site - I take it they still haven't released a date for it?

How is the SSV and DBV efficiency wise? I would think it'd be a bit less efficient than the herbalaire, yes? Regardless, I think it'll be a good investment...Considering with my current set up I have to really heave on that tube to get those vapor hits...but could this really be enough to trigger a throat infection?
I just don't want to clear the infection up with these antibiotics, only to have it return after I start vaping again.

Also I was looking at the pricing on some of the ice chambers for the SSV and DBV as well - kinda expensive, no? Some are more than the vape itself. Has anyone used water filters or ice chambers with their vape? Are they worth it? They look delicious.

Time to read some more reviews I guess..

cannajunk,

cannajunk

Beezleb said:
Just to add on the good advice already I given, I personally own a DBV and want for no other whip style vape for me along with what was recommend i would add these for you to consider as well.

I would also recommend looking into the vapor bros or for a bargain look for the vapor 2g and up. I see them at vaporstore.com starting for $99 and thats a bargain.

To cool the temps with what you have now i would consider donging the following, Take a sip of something cool before each vape. Also you can run your hose into a bong or a chiller to cool the vapor.
VB does look like a classy vape, I was thinking about that originally.

Now the whole water filter/ice chamber novelty has got me excited....

EDIT: So if I switched to herbalaire bags, I'm inhaling a lesser volume of hot air and more volume of vapor - therefore no more throat irritation?

cannajunk,

Lovecrafty

Sorry to not really respond on subject, but FYI (more so for people who may be confused) 'thrush' itself does not specify the location of the candidiasis, although most people are referring to an infection of the mouth/oral cavity. However this is all subjective, because if someone said their horse had thrush it isn't likely to be oral, it is likely to be in the frogs of their hooves and such.

Lovecrafty,

OO

Technical Skeptical
cannajunk said:
Beezleb said:

VB does look like a classy vape, I was thinking about that originally.

Now the whole water filter/ice chamber novelty has got me excited....

EDIT: So if I switched to herbalaire bags, I'm inhaling a lesser volume of hot air and more volume of vapor - therefore no more throat irritation?
there is a bit less.
but try to put a fitting on the end of a whip so you can "water filter" the hot air, it cools it a bit and has a slightly different effect.

OO,
Top Bottom