Looking for some advice on how to best use my ABV

greenriver

I've got a jar that's nearly full of the stuff. I'm not too interested in cooking with it though. I've tried making brownies with it in the past but didn't find it anywhere near as good as using fresh weed.

I've heard about the methods for making golden dragon from it, but I don't have access to much high proof alcohol in Australia and all the stuff that is available here seems to be really expensive. Plus I'm not too sure if I'd really want to drink much golden dragon.

I do like the idea of being able to add whatever I'm able to extract from the ABV to my existing buds for an extra kick when it's vaped though. Is there any other method that would allow me to do this? Like extracting it into an oil perhaps?

greenriver,

lepstadder

Correct me if i am wrong but i assume you are referring to "regular" buds or low-mid grade? As trying to "enhance" headies with ABV oil IMO would ruin the flavor of the original strain, anyways

You can make oil indeed, some folks will do this with...
isopropyl alcohol(at least 97%, due to water content) but you can use

butane( check the MSDS of the brand you get to ensure that their are no additives)

Essentially though any solvent that evaporates clean would work

Also IMO i would recommend you try and make butter again, use at least 28grams of ABV to 1 1/4 sticks butter, the 1/4 will most likely get "absorbed" by the plant material. But try your best to squeeze it out using a cheesecloth or similar, and maybe even doing another light boil on the plant material.

Making it with this ratio should be sufficient

Another suggestion would be to make milk

using a double boiler add 2 cups of !WHOLE MILK!

Slowly bring to a simmer and add at least 28grams no more than 40 but even 14 would be strong

stir often as to prevent curdling( if curdling occurs, though rare it will still be edible and good!)

After 15 minutes strain out as much milk as you can and discard plant material

If you use 28grams that would equal 7 grams per 1/2 cup of milk

you can dilute this with normal milk to help the flavor or add chocolate or even add it to ice cream for a nice ABV milkshake

lepstadder,

greenriver

Thanks for the suggestions. The possibilities are endless by the sounds of it. Yep, I'm just trying to enhance some mid-grade stuff with some kind of concentrate made from ABV.

I just weighed the contents of the jar and there's about 70 grams there.

Can you vape fresh weed that has been mixed with the oil produced using isopropyl alcohol? That stuff seems to be a bit more reasonably priced here.

greenriver,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'm experimenting with some ISO alcohol right now. I'm actually soaking all the parts of my metal grinder because it needed to be clean...but then I realized I should just let it soak, then take out the metal parts, and let the stuff evaporate and see what I'm left with. Iunno if it works like that because that seems to easy but I guess we'll find out. I'll try it with some ABV right now...but I don't know how much ABV to ISO i should use...anyone have any suggestions to start with?

finchrock24,
Top Bottom