Looking for induction heater recommendation for Dynavap

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hello FC friends

I'm in the market for top-shelf IH, portability is not important but I do want something very durable and long-lasting.

Thanks in advance

Well, you can't go wrong with a @Pipes IH. I have the corded Caldron and also the portable Portside mini. @Pipes makes some quality products and is always available to help or answer questions.

There are other brands that people swear by here. Some have a waiting list. Check out the IH threads in the vapor related equipment section.

Welcome to the FC!

Vapefanatic

High end for IH usually means custom enclosure, special color LEDs and finishes. Function wise, most are the same with little variance other than coil diameter/length affecting heat times. But Vapcaps differs slightly with each one so its really up to each individual. Then you have momentary buttons or tactile switches. Or both in some cases though it seems to be a little more problem prone that way. Tactile like the Orion seems to be more desired and usually costs more if I'm not mistaken. So may be more high end?

Most makers uses the same parts so durability should be pretty similar. Fluxer makes their own PCB but i really don't know what that means lol? Maybe more high end too?

Hope you find your desired IH and do share your purchase with us here!

Vaporware

I’ve only ever used Fluxer heaters and I’d recommend them too.

There are some other interesting ones out there though, like I believe Mag Heater has at least one model that measures the temp. I think that’s a great (and rare) feature for this type of induction heater.

The Orion also has some good things going for it, but components and initial build quality were...questionable.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Most people that ask this question regret asking in the end. However, it always comes up with a good list. I see we are missing Ladat, who makes some beautiful cases of the 'standard module'.

"Standard Module" is what anyone can buy from China and it is known as the 120 watt mini ZVS. There are only 3 makers that modified this circuit: DynaTec, Fluxer Heaters, and to an irrelevant degree, Alpine. All the rest use the same core module.

What I didn't see in the requirements was 'vape quality'. Tuning an IH is an opportunity often overlooked before judging the vape quality in an IH. Some devices allow tuning and some are even equipped with mechanism to adjust but this element is key to enjoyment of an IH.

I am in the camp of DIY the perfect IH. I got there and started taking some data. My feeling go out to ALL the makers. This is a tough subject matter under the hood. The variation of what vapors want and the variation in the magnetic coupling of the caps makes this a dartboard for the most part. Know this however, the more compact the the IH, the less forgiving it is. Those IHs that use the adapter as an insulator, those will have large coils and are very forgiving. If you don't like the profile at the click, see if the maker allows adjustments. PSM/Caldron does; Fluxer Heaters does; Mag Heaters has the adjustment built in - after that, the field dries up quickly. The idea is that tuning the click to the temperature can be achieved rather than adding seconds or worse, trying to pull early. You can get it to click pretty much spot on if know the option exists.

If you want a lifetime heater, you need lifetime support. As stated, DynaTec makes good products. They will fix Orion and the Apollo has been loved by many for years. Chris of DynaTec was one of the first to recognize the standard module was over-powered. DynaTec engineered their products for DynaVap VapCaps. Wired or battery powered, Apollo's make good desktop heaters with DV support. @Pipes makes wonderful heaters with the Caldron as a desktop and he is available for support. A wonderful maker for many years here on FC. Fluxer heaters too went for what could be done. Today, Fluxer Heaters offers some of the most integrated heaters. All built into custom aluminum housings and interesting features. Fluxer Heater adds a power limiting option as well on some heaters and is working on including the desktop unit with this option.

I stop short of including 3D printed cases into the durable category. 3D prints are not durable in many respects. They rarely look good either. It will always be a piece of spaghetti wrapped into some kind of container. "Juice printer" is a next level quality where materials and implementation is critical. These boxes manage up to 100 watts - think about containing a 100 watt light bulb for the period you are firing. Nothing against the makers, really, but it must have its own subclass of induction heaters. I once sold a production product in a printed case - I made sure to express my humility in that regard. In that case, it was an appropriate use case to save on tooling that the product didn't warrant.

FC has been a wonderful resource for understanding these devices. Makers make this search all the more difficult with all their great offerings. VAS isn't for vapes only :D One IH is never enough!

Texus

Should also probably be mentioned that down the road the DV Orion's lack of user-replaceable batteries could be an issue.

Otherwise, loving the Fluxer Flite I just got, and Flix should be a good option too if portability not a concern.

Or for around $50 you can get a "dental" IH from SJK that works great with Dynavap and has a solid autooff circuitry (though that means you may have to remove and reinsert DV when using it. But you can put it back in immediately). These are sold under a number of different brands on Amazon. And with Prime's return policy you can return if you decide IH is not for you. If you do like it, there is a nice lil DDave glass accessory you can get for a bit better positioning, but also works great without it.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I stop short of including 3D printed cases into the durable category. 3D prints are not durable in many respects. They rarely look good either. It will always be a piece of spaghetti wrapped into some kind of container.

Container?

3D printing can both be well and badly done, it depends on a lot of variables from what I see – I have two 3D printed IHs by Mag Heater and they are *very* sturdy and nicely done. Plastic is also lighter and more ideal when it comes to shock absorption, plus it provides the option to make a device more water resistant.

Mag Heater also makes IHs with several types of woods and carbon casing. He's also by far the most innovative IH maker in my opinion, especially when it comes to temperature control; as of now his Slim Automatic and the Tornado are the only devices that allow precise temp control.

So if you are into high end, go Mag Heater (or Fluxer, they seem cool too). One caveat though: Mag Heaters announced production and shipping times are very unreliable, often you will have to wait many months until the device is ready (not quite as long as for a Fluxer though). I recommend buying a readily available IH and then look into Mag Heaters or Fluxers high end stuff.

Siebter,

Jethro

I'm a Fluxer Fanboi, I'll admit it. But for home use the Flix is inexpensive, efficient and just plain works. Highly recommended.

20200727_180120-L.jpg

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I believe he uses pipes electronics. Or at least he used to, he’s not around here much anymore.

Moses Baca,
Top Bottom