Looking for glass help - new to quality glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conky

I've used dozens of tubes over the last decade and a half but all have been just a simple slide in a straight beaker. I'm interested in getting a cheap nice bubbler but I'm a little list when it comes to figuring out what to get with the limited experience I have in anything beyond the basics. Here is what my thoughts are at the moment, tell me if I'm wrong r steer me in the right direction.
Looking for something small so a bubbler seems to be the ideal choice in form factor.
For perc I am thinking that I would enjoy many small bubbles buzzing away vs lots of chugging along. Would honeycomb be the way to go for that?
I don't anticipate the need for multiple layers of diffusion so hoping just one perc would be just fine. I don't want to lose all the flavor either, assuming multiple percs with lots of diffusion could lead to that.
For a joint is it better to just grab an 18 vs a 14 as it would be more universally useful and if an adapter would be needed it would look cleaner witha reducer vs an expander?
Bent vs straight neck - is this mostly important in how you hold the piece or does a bent neck help in reducing the chance of a mouth full of water?
My interst in looks is that a piece have no coloring on it. I'm looking to not spend more than $150 at the moment and the unit would be used for combustion and to hook to any vaporizer I can find. I have no access to concentrates and no desire to make my own so that part shouldn't matter if that has any importance in making a decision on a piece.
Lastly, if it can work out I would rather give my money to someone who is a decent human being and hopefully giving back to this site.
If all of this is something I should have already seen then I'm sorry, I'm always looking just on my phone so the navigation and searching are a little tougher. I know there is the thread for quality cheap bubblers, just figured mine is a bit different since I'm essentially clueless on how to ideally make a good decision.

clouded vision

check out glassblowersdirect.com for some nice high quality cheap pieces, the stemless honeycomb might be exactly what you are liking for. there is a thread here under the glass section. what type of piece is going to depend I'm your preference though. for combustion bigger, more diffusion and more water is better because it will filter more out, for vapor though the first thing to go is flavor so typically less volume less diffusion and less water is better. the biggest advantage of a bent neck will be keeping your face away from the bowl so you have clearance for a vaporizer without hitting yourself abd also to keep your face from being directly over a 900° glowing Ti nail. if you aren't going to use concentrates abd dint plan on using a VXC or LSV, with it you can get away with pretty much whatever neck you want.

clouded vision,

Conky

check out glassblowersdirect.com for some nice high quality cheap pieces, the stemless honeycomb might be exactly what you are liking for. there is a thread here under the glass section. what type of piece is going to depend I'm your preference though. for combustion bigger, more diffusion and more water is better because it will filter more out, for vapor though the first thing to go is flavor so typically less volume less diffusion and less water is better. the biggest advantage of a bent neck will be keeping your face away from the bowl so you have clearance for a vaporizer without hitting yourself abd also to keep your face from being directly over a 900° glowing Ti nail. if you aren't going to use concentrates abd dint plan on using a VXC or LSV, with it you can get away with pretty much whatever neck you want.
Thanks, checking it out.

Conky,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom