Looking for a super clean, portable vaporizer

DougBentley

hello there,

I have been reading through this awesome forum for some time now. I have been seriously on the search for a solid , healthy, portable vaporizer. Mainly I am looking for a glass vaporizer with the least amount of hazardous material as possible. Money isn't an issue.

I own a cloud evo and love it but want something on the go..

Can you recommend one? I was pretty close to buying a minivap but I started reading about the Teflon debate on here- and people's concerns with its build- and then even the aluminum body turned me off. I'm not looking to debate what is safe - I know my preference . I know the minivap is one of the only medically approved vapes.. I am just looking for suggestions of solid portable vaporizer with a glass bowl/stainless steel body/bowl. If one even exists?

Thank you for your help.

hinglemccringleberry

Are you looking for one that doesn't have any plastic at all?

There are alot of vapes that perform great and have zero toxicity threat, but the plastic in the construction turns me away.

Last edited:

herbivore21

hello there,

I have been reading through this awesome forum for some time now. I have been seriously on the search for a solid , healthy, portable vaporizer. Mainly I am looking for a glass vaporizer with the least amount of hazardous material as possible. Money isn't an issue.

I own a cloud evo and love it but want something on the go..

Can you recommend one? I was pretty close to buying a minivap but I started reading about the Teflon debate on here- and people's concerns with its build- and then even the aluminum body turned me off. I'm not looking to debate what is safe - I know my preference . I know the minivap is one of the only medically approved vapes.. I am just looking for suggestions of solid portable vaporizer with a glass bowl/stainless steel body/bowl. If one even exists?

Thank you for your help.
There isn't a good portable that meets your requirements yet and gives high performance IMO (most have even more questionable components than the minivap), except the grasshopper but the vapor direct from that is very harsh on the go. The Dynavap Omnivap which is all ti, SS and ceramic (or one of their glass models without the silicone mouthpiece) uses all safe components and if you respect the clicks, you'll never accidentally combust (the vapcaps tell you when they have reached flower vaping temp by clicking).

DougBentley

I figured that there wasn't anything made that fit my requirements.

The VHW looks like the closest thing to what I need but it's not portable.

What about the firefly 2? It says all glass bowl and magnesium alloy body. But still there's some metal parts. Not sure how pure this is.

If there's anyone out there that's weary of what vaporizers are made out of and found something they can use- talk to me. I know not one is perfect, but if you had to say the healthiest/non toxic portable high end vaporizer, what would it be?

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Have you considered the glass core miniVAP? Solid, healthy, portable but not stealth sized, glass core so not as solid/ fall resistant as Teflon core miniVAP.
I find miniVAP aluminum body to be great, what turns you off on it? I love the EVO but its cheap looking plastic body is a turn off for me, yet it is great performer.

miniVAP has longest lasting battery there is, if you are ok with the not stealth size.
Flexicone modules let you bring multiples and change to next load in 3 seconds.
After researching issue, I am 100% ok with Teflon they use as only miniVAP and Volcano are certified medically safe. miniVAP has superb taste and maximum efficiency of herb---my top 2 wants/needs

DougBentley

I am considering the glass core minivap for sure. It's on top of the my list. The Teflon turns me off and also there were some threads talking about the minivap losing its steam after a while? Like it loses its power over time - not sure if this is still a problem.

I will probably end up going with the miniVap but I just wanted to see if there's anything out there that I don't know about .

DougBentley,

hinglemccringleberry

So i heard that the mighty and crafty contain plastic in the air path. How do the 2 most expensive reputable vaporizers on the market pull it off?

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: bbxhann

DougBentley

certified medical safe
So i heard that the mighty and crafty contain plastic in the air path. How do the 2 most expensive reputable vaporizers on the market pull it off?

I mean how long were cigarettes around before we figured out they were dangerous for our health ? 200-300 years? How long has the mighty and some of these vapes been around? 10 years? We don't any of the science to know what it does to our bodies..

And medically certified does not mean anything to me. Steroid inhalers are medically approved and those things tear apart your lungs for a short term fix. I'm an asthmatic and have had experience with hazardous materials damaging my lungs. Medication/drugs are often fda approved and end up being pulled off the market because they seriously damage people's mental/physical ability.

Again, I'm not trying to have an argument about what's healthy and what isn't. I have my own opinion and not saying I'm right in anyway. If I was looking to waste my time having an Internet debate I would go elsewhere..

If you have any suggestions for me let me know. Thank you.

Also- if there's anyone out there that has had problems with the minivap or finds it to be made from skeptical material- messaged me. I have mostly heard good things but still curious about it before I buy.!

hinglemccringleberry

Do you define clean by the materials used, or by which vapes do not omit any plasticky, rubberry, factory, or electronics "offgassing" smells when new?
Look at the Ascent and the Focusvape. Who cares about a glass airway and ceramic oven if the unit reeks of plastic or rubber every time you turn it on? Some of them are really bad and those odors get imparted to the vapor flavor. No thanks.
Google "(insert vape here) plastic electonic factory odor smell offgassing burnoff'. Youll find that even reputable units have reports of needing to be thoroughly burned off before they lose the smell.
I like my Alfa because burnoff requirements were very minimal. European (not Chinese) manufactued, excellent build quality, and i never once had a problem with foul odors coming from it, not even on day 1 after 1 burnoff. All I ever smell or taste is my herb. It has a SS airpath and anodized aluminum oven, and no, SS and AA are not inferior to glass and ceramic.

Ive heard the Firefly vapes dont emit anything from the get go either. ive heard the Arizer and Haze dual v3 vapes are hit and miss but none of them smell after a few burnoffs. IMO, they can be considered clean if the smell does go away after a few burnoffs. As long as its not taking something ridiculous like 2 weeks and 20 burnoffs to get rid of 75% of the smell like what happened to that one Focusvape owner, then id consider buying one.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: DougBentley

DougBentley

The Firefly 2 is my new first choice.. Its a little cheaper than the minivap but it seems more portable.. Anyone have any complaints about the firefly 2 and its health concerns? I see it has all glass bowl with a magnesium alloy body. Not really sure about that..

Something like a portable VHW doesn't exist, right?

DougBentley,

NickDlow

Log Hog
Like herbivore mentioned the vapcap is definitely the purest with an all glass version with an ss cap minus the silicon mp and a Ti/SS version. It's worth a look.

Idk how you feel about the butane but you heat then inhale. I'm personally not a fan of inhaling butane as I heat.

Good luck in you search

NickDlow,
Reactions: Squiby

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What about the Arizer Air? It's stealth with an all glass air path.
It has user replaceable batteries.

Or the Arizer Solo it's not as stealth but it delivers better flavor. The battery is built in, a new unit's battery lasts around 2+ hours. Also an all glass air path.
After the battery degrades over time there is a battery the owner can buy for $45 or so and easily replaced. There is a video with instructions on how to replace the battery.

I just bought a Milaana its not stealth but very portable and clean with an all glass air path. It's wood no plastic and minimal glue. It's up to you how hot to go because its unregulated with no temp controls. You just take your finger off the heat trigger that signals the battery on. It's just as powerful as a desk style vaporizer.

Last edited:

DougBentley

^^ I think you just found my answer. I'm going to research a bit more but the milaana looks great. Glass on glass, wood, stainless steel.. Curious if it gets too hot being so short, and how it would compare to a firefly 2.

DougBentley

I just ordered a zion from the rasta buddha tao website. I think I found what I was looking for. I will let you know how I like it. Thanks for all the help FC community. CarolKing coming in clutch like derek jeter in october.

DougBentley,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I used to be prejudiced towards certain materials, but the old theories of combustion do not apply to vaping and you really ought to reeducate yourself. Your intent is well understood, just ignorant as some of the best vapes ever created all use plastics and other materials that are PERFECTLY safe....

grokit

well-worn member
I just ordered a zion from the rasta buddha tao website. I think I found what I was looking for. I will let you know how I like it. Thanks for all the help FC community. CarolKing coming in clutch like derek jeter in october.
You know there's a long wait for that right? Otoh, the milaana is available now.

DougBentley

I used to be prejudiced towards certain materials, but the old theories of combustion do not apply to vaping and you really ought to reeducate yourself. Your intent is well understood, just ignorant as some of the best vapes ever created all use plastics and other materials that are PERFECTLY safe....

I didn't realize you could see in to the future! Or are a scientist. Impressive..:)

But I didn't realize the zion would take a long time for shipment? On their website the milaana's were all sold out but they had Zion's for sale so I went with that. I will have to email them and see when they will be shipping my zion. I may have to cancel if its going to take a while. I'm taking a road trip in a few weeks and that is why I am going for a portable... Is there another website you order these vaporizers from? How long do you think it will take to ship? I saw one selling on ebay but no warranty..

DougBentley,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah I don't buy "plastic" and "perfectly safe" in the same sentence, be it food grade or whatever. Just look at the BPA and phtalates bans... They were deemed so safe they even used them for baby bottles... until they found those compounds to be endocrine disruptors...

If you are in a hurry, you should cancel your Zion order and get a Milaana from one of the online resellers. Whichever model you get, you won't regret it, they are really awesome.

grokit

well-worn member
I didn't realize the zion would take a long time for shipment? On their website the milaana's were all sold out but they had Zion's for sale so I went with that. I will have to email them and see when they will be shipping my zion. I may have to cancel if its going to take a while. I'm taking a road trip in a few weeks and that is why I am going for a portable... Is there another website you order these vaporizers from? How long do you think it will take to ship? I saw one selling on ebay but no warranty..
My impression is that the milaana is for sale at a couple of web retailers (call and check their stock before ordering), and that rbt is taking direct deposits for zions to be produced in the near(?) future.

These guys appear to be the US retailer: http://www.vaporseller.com/milaana-vaporizer.html

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My impression is that the milaana is for sale at a couple of web retailers (call and check their stock before ordering), and that rbt is taking direct deposits for zions to be produced in the near(?) future.

These guys appear to be the US retailer: http://www.vaporseller.com/milaana-vaporizer.html
I hate portables and believe they are a waste of money?
Wood is for Forest not appliances?
yva4FFh.jpg

Which one are you?

ataxian,

little maggie

I didn't realize you could see in to the future! Or are a scientist. Impressive..:)

But I didn't realize the zion would take a long time for shipment? On their website the milaana's were all sold out but they had Zion's for sale so I went with that. I will have to email them and see when they will be shipping my zion. I may have to cancel if its going to take a while. I'm taking a road trip in a few weeks and that is why I am going for a portable... Is there another website you order these vaporizers from? How long do you think it will take to ship? I saw one selling on ebay but no warranty..
If you can afford it you might want to leave your zion order and buy a milaana. Milaana is my favorite vape and those who've tried the zion say it's superior to the milaana The zion is supposed to be available soon but many of use have waited over a year since milaana production became a priority.

hinglemccringleberry

The Sticky Bricks, Lily, and those other torch brick vapes seem like good options for this.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Bad Ocelot

Surprised I hadn't seen the Ascent by Da Vinci mentioned yet. Or alternatively their newer I.Q. I love the ascent, it's got a glass lined ceramic bowl and an all glass vapor path, and is roughly the size of an older cell phone. It's not the speediest of vapes, but probably the best tasting vape I've tried. Heatup time isn't bad, but the temp drops quite a bit whenever you hit it. And it's not for cloud chasers, but one doesn't need to chuck clouds to get where you wanna be ;)

Bad Ocelot,
Top Bottom