Looking for a portable vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niflhel

Greetings FC!

I've been smoking hash joints daily for quite a while, and while i do enjoy my joints, it's just not a very economic way to get high.

So, I've started to look for alternatives, and i hope that a portable vaporizer might be the solution.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to vaping, hence why I've created this thread - Hoping some of you experienced folks might help me out.

Here's the main reasons I'd like to try out a vaporizer:

1) It's more economic than joints.

2) I'd like to avoid tobacco due to the high amount of additives.

3) I'd get to experience a more pure taste of the product I'm inhaling.

Now, there seems to be quite a lot of vaporizers on the market - and finding the one that would suit me best seems to be quite a daunting task. Reading gigantic threads is quite time consuming!

Anyway, here's what I'm looking for:

Most important:

Budget: Around 150/200$ - I'm willing to throw down some more money if needed.

Portable: I enjoy smoking my joints outside - And i bet I'd enjoy vaping outside, too.

Works with hash: I've always smoked hash. Not about to give up on it! Having to put some herbs between hash and screens is not an issue. Just don't want to spend a lot of time cleaning the vape to keep it functional.

Things that would be a bonus:

Easy to use: Easy to keep clean, easy to use (I don't mind if the vaporizer got a learning curve in terms of getting the most out of a hit - But being able to use it with 1 hand would be a plus, not having to carry around a big bag of tools etc).

Quality: Not toxic (Well, this is of course a must), high quality materials.

Temperature Control: Digital or analog, doesn't really matter. I'd just like to be able to experiment with different temperatures.

Aesthetically pleasing: This is of course a very subjective thing. I can appreciate the beauty of both low-tech and high-tech devices - But it's definitely a plus if the manufacture have put some thought into the design. For instance, i love the look of both the Supreme and the MFLB - But the Vapir NO2 also looks quite sassy.

Speed: If i can begin vaping within 5 minutes of pulling out the device, I'd be very happy.

Doesn't have to be constantly recharged/refilled: I don't want to carry around on a charger or a flask of butane gas all the time.

Stealth is not needed, but doesn't hurt either.

So far, MFLB and the Supreme have caught my attention. But I'm unsure how well they'd work with hash.

So, all you good people at FC, does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Niflhel

Niflhel,

treecityrnd

In this humble researchers opinion:
MFLB is the best for "variable portable vaping" (i.e., you can determine the vape temperature through draw speed and heating time)
While the Iolite with some nice 5x filtered butane (dont get the cheap stuff, yuck! and not good for your health) is great for "constant portable vaping" (i.e., its a constant 190C vape temp; low for some, perfect for others...individual differences make the world go round :2c:). Iolite is easier IMO when "moving fast". It seems like there are more moving parts on the MFLB (e.g., batteries, etc.), so sometime I find myself fiddling with a lot of stuff when I could have just used the Iolite. But that 10 sec heating time on the MFLB makes up for any lost time ;).
I do not own but have reviewed the Glass Vapor Genie, NO2 and newer "VapeorSmoke" device. I do have a Phedor (Hakko next, my mistake). I have done subjective and objective research on countless portable devices. While I will not post anything negative about any device I've reviewed, I have only positive things to say about the MFLB and the Iolite. I would recommend these two for anyone looking for a portable unit with the best vaping exterience possible.

treecityrnd,

Spacenstein

Honestly, I didn't read through you're entire post... but I just want to point out that you can get a MFLB+PA for under $200. --that's a home vape.. and a portable vape.

Spacenstein,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Try behind the couch. I tend to find stuff there all of the time. Hell, its where I found Jesus!

AGBeer,

BillieBudd

I have no experience with any portable vape but the MFLB. However, I can heartily recommend it, as mentioned above, with the Power Adapter.

BillieBudd,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hmmm, if you want a portable with the ability to consume hash daily:
Essential Vaaap or Eclipse Vaporizer... period! :D

You will not have the other features you've requested (temp control, 1 hand...etc) but no other portables can be used for hash daily consumption without leading to cleaning/clogging issues very fast...

I have a non defficient NO2 and love it but my case is fairly rare... Be careful and check the model if you really want it! And again, as Iolite or MFLB it's not a HASH portable vape, and will not "like" long term daily hash vaporizing in its guts...

FLskwat,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
well i use hash exclusively with my mflb all the time apart from discoloring the screen it works quite well is all i can say. Ive used it with the regular hand rubbed stuff in india and iceolater in amsterdam.

But yes it does not work with the overly gooey/wet hash at all, it tends to melt on the screen.

Once you stop using that tobacco and see the pure hash trip your going to love it :ko: trust me on that.

audiodelic,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
MFLB...Iolite...NO2...they will work with hash.
I'm saying if you use hash in 90% of your seshs, other vapes are more easy to use and have that exact purpose!

FLskwat,

Spacenstein

Sorry, I guess I should have read your post fully...

MFLB might be hard to continue smoking hash daily..

The Eclipse Essential Vaaapp series are e great vaporizer for JUST hash, but not really ground herb.

The iolite probably wouldn't work to great for you, either.

I'd look into getting an Aluminum VaporGenie Pipe, I've had fantastic results with vaping hash (even without herb) daily. Flame based.. but you'll get the hang of it. You may or may not be able to control it with one hand, but I am able to :) Vaporization starts within a few seconds. All you need is the VG, a lighter, and your herb of choice... Usually, you can pack a VG bowl with a good amount of weed and hash and screw it back together and carry it around.. that way it's completely ready whenever you want.

Spacenstein,

treecityrnd

Oops, my bad too. Didnt see the "hash" comment, dont know how I missed it, its been one of my current research interests as well...

Oily hash would be real hard on your MFLB, a no-go in an Iolte IMO.

I've been looking into the VAAAPP series. Look nice for oils/hash, but only heard negative reviews when it comes to using dry plant material.

So my question for those of you with VGs (glass or other), can you do oils? Never looked at the design up close to see the air passages/hole placement for possible oil use. I would LOVE to find something for oil & plant medicines AND is also portable.

Research time...will try and get you some more objective (and subjective) data asap. Going shopping today :-)

treecityrnd,

djonkoman

I myself have a VG, but evebn with a torch I prefer to use it inside, outside I can't vape it past llightbrown/yellow with still green bits
altough it could be better if you have a good spot outdoor with not too much wind and turn the torch a little higher
the LB would probably have less problems with temp and wind since it gets it temp from the batteries, no wind involved

djonkoman,

Spacenstein

treecityrnd said:
Oops, my bad too. Didnt see the "hash" comment, dont know how I missed it, its been one of my current research interests as well...

Oily hash would be real hard on your MFLB, a no-go in an Iolte IMO.

I've been looking into the VAAAPP series. Look nice for oils/hash, but only heard negative reviews when it comes to using dry plant material.

So my question for those of you with VGs (glass or other), can you do oils? Never looked at the design up close to see the air passages/hole placement for possible oil use. I would LOVE to find something for oil & plant medicines AND is also portable.

Research time...will try and get you some more objective (and subjective) data asap. Going shopping today :-)

I've had a HVG and AVG and both were very good for vaping green, but at the same time.. with two nice screens, it worked great for bubble or pressed hash.. and even for oils and wax, you can drop into the ceramic filter top... and use a torch lighter to vape it-- it's the same concept as the heath stone glass.

Spacenstein,

Niflhel

Thanks for all the tips!

It seems like the Essential VAAAAPP fits my needs. But on the other hand, the MFLB is pretty damn attractive with its lifetime warranty.

Luckily, i can afford both of them without breaking 200$ - So i think i might just do that.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Niflhel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom