Long time lurker, First time poster

Tang Tonic

Hi everyone,

I have been on here awhile now reading and always learning something new which is what's so great about this place. I never really post because most of the time I'm just reading. I live down in the Caribbean and have been a personal grower for about 10 years and pretty much only consume what I grow. All organic and grown in the Caribbean sunshine. Bodhi, Rare Dankness and Reserva Privada genetics to name a few favorites and some top notch specialty stuff my wizard of a friend always has beans of like strawberry kush, parvati, white shark, nightshade, etc.

Anyways, I have been a loyal DBV user for about 5 years now when I first converted over from combusting. I guess it just works so well, I never saw the need to get another kind of vape.

I had a magic flight for awhile that I used when traveling and had some good sessions but never really fell in love.

I recently got a SSV off ebay to see how it compared to the DBV and because I am a lifelong passionate surfer, I had to have it. I guess I like the SSV better now although the DBV will always hold a special place in my heart. My 5 year old son still asks me "would you like you talk to the buddah?" :rofl:

Its funny, my wife prefers the DBV and I like SSV so instead of waiting for the other to finish, we now have our own and can get lifted simultaneously:love:.

So, where I am going with my post is I'm ready to go into the log world. I have read about the Underdog, the E-Nano, and the HI. I'm thoroughly confused. If there was no wait, it seems like the HI is the one for me. I tried posting a wanted ad in the classifieds but I don't have enough privileges.

How do I get on the HI waiting list?

If the wait is still super long and I can't find one here, I will order an UD in the mean time. Down here in the Caribbean electricity aka "current", aint cheap and goes out frequently. So I think it would be cool to have my vape running off my solar panels. They peak at about 15V during the day but I figure I can put a 12V dimmer switch on there.

Great community here :leaf:. Sorry to have been a silent lurker for so long.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged
Forgot to mention that I just ordered the DDave mod kit so I'm looking forward to that! :worms:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Welcome to FC :D... Well, formally per sé.

I'm a DBV Fan as well :wave:

You are going to love @DDave 's kit.

Turning a Big Hitter into "Beast Mode " :zzz:

Hashtag46&2,
Reactions: DDave

j-bug

Sorry, didn't mean to break the rules Stu.

Can you tell me how privileges work so I can post a wanted ad in classifieds.
To post in the classifieds you must have a certain number of posts, it's 50 posts and those posts must have received 25 "likes". The exact numbers are in the classified rules thread at the top of that forum.

Last edited:

Tang Tonic

50 posts with 25 likes? For real? Wow this is a great forum with great people but that rule seems pretty ridiculous.

Is it not possible to have an exception made for someone like me who has been a member for 5 years. Requiring people to post in order to be part of the forum seems like you would end up with a lot of unnecessary stuff being posted.

j-bug

50 posts with 25 likes? For real? Wow this is a great forum with great people but that rule seems pretty ridiculous.

Is it not possible to have an exception made for someone like me who has been a member for 5 years. Requiring people to post in order to be part of the forum seems like you would end up with a lot of unnecessary stuff being posted.
You'd be best off asking a staff member. But it isn't hard to share your experiences with your favorite vapes in their threads or to check out the thread of vapes you may want in the future and ask a few questions there. You can help answer questions in this forum. Some of the threads like "your next two Vape purchases" are the kind of thread where if you give a well thought out answer people will probably engage with your post. There's a few music threads somewhere, in the vapor lounge I think, where you could participate productively I'm sure. The people in the various log vape threads are all very friendly and it may be worth posting there about your usage habits and what you're looking for in a log to see about other people's experiences as they compare directly to your wants and desires.

HD Springer

@j-bug touched on some great points. In all honesty at first I felt these rules are a bit too much. But after being a part of this community for a while and witnessing first hand how these rules are needed to keep this running like a well oiled machine. Things can get a bit dicey when it comes to personal preference and peoples opinions.
Glad you've joined the community @Tang Tonic. One little warning. Vas(vaporizer acquisition syndrome) is a killer up in here. Shit runs deep! I had no idea they had a name for my illness until I came here.
Peace.

j-bug

@j-bug touched on some great points. In all honesty at first I felt these rules are a bit too much. But after being a part of this community for a while and witnessing first hand how these rules are needed to keep this running like a well oiled machine. Things can get a bit dicey when it comes to personal preference and peoples opinions.
Glad you've joined the community @Tang Tonic. One little warning. Vas(vaporizer acquisition syndrome) is a killer up in here. Shit runs deep! I had no idea they had a name for my illness until I came here.
Peace.
People are also really generous with their likes and OP you've already got 12 likes from your 3 posts, at the time I wrote this, if you keep your post quality around where your first post in this thread you'll shoot past that requirement well before you've got to 50 posts. And as I said getting to 50 isn't hard. What's hard is not participating in conversations here all day. Everyone (well almost everyone) is quite pleasant. Probably has something to do with the cannabis consumption, anyway you seem pleasant enough too so it shouldn't be hard to get there.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
. Everyone (well almost everyone) is quite pleasant. Probably has something to do with the cannabis consumption, anyway you seem pleasant enough too so it shouldn't be hard to get there.

It also has more than a little to do with the rules. When "be nice" is a foundational principle of our community, it tends to reap a lot of niceness. The more time you spend here, the more you appreciate the structure. (Spend five minutes on Reddit for an unpleasant contrast.) :2c:

Welcome to FC Tang!

j-bug

It also has more than a little to do with the rules. When "be nice" is a foundational principle of our community, it tends to reap a lot of niceness. The more time you spend here, the more you appreciate the structure. (Spend five minutes on Reddit for an unpleasant contrast.) :2c:

Welcome to FC Tang!
I really think we should apply the "be nice" rule when talking about Reddit a bit. I participate there as well and while I've had some disagreements there I think that overall it's a good community with people who care about it and about each other. It may get more opinionated at times than some here would prefer but it's not the hellhole you'd think it is based on how a lot of folks here talk about it. I'm more often than not glad for that rule and like the rules about the classified section it can be useful and prevents things from going to poorly and ensures certain standards of behavior, standards that most users on reddit follow most of the time ime.

max

Out to lunch
Wow this is a great forum with great people but that rule seems pretty ridiculous.
That's because you don't know how much and how often the Classified section would be abused if we made it easy for new members to buy/sell. We don't want people joining the forum just for the Classified privileges. It's a perk for contributing, active members.

All of our rules, including those for Classified, are in place because we've found the need for them, due to people misbehaving and causing problems in one way or another. In the beginning we only had one rule- 'Be Nice'. As the membership grew, so did the problems, thus the additional rules.

Top Bottom