Log vape wax

Konadog

I know that each log vape manufacturer has there own blend of wax, does anyone have a homemade recipe for waxing there vape?

Konadog,

Nycdeisel

You can find the recipe for Buzz Butter somewhere around here so that you can make it yourself.

Nycdeisel,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Will the wax extend the life of the log?

Is it bad to not apply wax?

Alan,

Konadog

Nycdeisel said:
You can find the recipe for Buzz Butter somewhere around here so that you can make it yourself.
I've been searching, so far nothing.

Konadog,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Tom has given some instruction on making your own.

Purple-Days said:
Yes, UrutuBsb, as Max says, you can make a batch of your own. Kinda why I give the recipe. It's simple and there is nothing to hide.

Some sewing shops sell small sticks of bee's wax (to make thread and needles slide easy) and you can use any vegatable oil like peanut oil if that is handy. We use flax oil becuase I can get certified organic and it goies well with the chemical free bee's wax, but any bee;s wax and veg oil will do.

The alternative is just rub some peanut or olive oil on you unit once in a while and wipe off. The wax serves some purpose but isn't needed. Another alternate is carnuba wax, it's a bit softer but works well for furniture applications.

Waxes and oils are a neat study. Way back in this thread I mentioned Krill Oil, I came across it while looking into oils. Sure enough I see it advertised in capsules now on TV. Omega 3s and such.

The Rosemary Extract is an anti-oxidant and is for the long term shelf life of the Buzz-Butter and is just a preservative. No need for it in home-made recipes.

http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=18851#p18851

Lo,

Purple-Days

Yeah, Turpentine that works. :dog: Smells good too. ;) You might use use Mineral Oil, nice stuff. :cool:

Just don't use Natural (or organic) Plant Oils, or Bee's Wax from a chemical free apiary (Tahuya River Apiaries). :2c: That would just cost too much and you might be accused of being a tree hugger. :buzz:

:lol:

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

I have never looked into the hazards (if any) of Turpentine, just knew from many years of oil based paints (showing my age, haven't used it for years) that the stuff stinks IMO. Of course Mineral Oil is a petroleum by-product... :uhoh:

Just use plant oils that you would cook with, or use in a salad dressing, and Bee's wax. You can eat either. I use a bit more oil than wax 5:4 ratio. We use natural Rosemary extract, an anti-oxidant to extend shelf life (not for odor), but for small batches you won't need it. Of course we use no added 'scent', good quality (Honey) Bee's wax has a wonderful aroma, no need to cover it up, or hide the ingredients. :buzz:

Purple-Days Buzz Butter recipe :

Organic Flax Oil
Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Hemp Seed Oil
5 Parts Oil

Tahuya River Bee's Wax (a chemical free Bee Keeper)
4 Parts Wax

Rosemery Oil extract
a tiny bit as an anti oxidant and preservative

Heat oil and wax in a double boiler or crock pot (low heat), when melted add (or not) Rosemary Oil extract and pour into containers for storage.

This stuff also works on leather too, but test it as it will darken most leathers.

Purple-Days,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
^^ That stuff says "combustible". You really want to be inhaling those fumes?

Magic9,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
The combustible element may just be the orange oil. I would have a good ol' read of that bottle first before use. Also, do you really want to imbibe your log with a strong orangy smell?

J.R.R.Tokin',
Top Bottom