Log vape tube cleaning vials?

rotax

Zaporist
General question for all log vapes that use similar 'tubes'. This is not specific to a single vape. Please don't shove it into a thread that will get limited attention...

I'm looking for something that I can soak my tubes in for cleaning w/ ISO. What I've been using is inefficient and wastes my ISO, and making extraction inefficient as well.

Need a vial or some such that leaves very little room around the tube, and very close in length, and can be capped (so it can then be shaken).
Any suggestions?
Local or internet [if shippings not obnoxious].

Thanks guys. :peace:

rotax,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
The purple days comes with a nice purple bottle for cleaning tubes. Other than that I would recommend a small shampoo or perfume bottle.

wowthisisrandom,

lwien

There are all kinds of bottle suppliers on the internet. What I don't know, however, is which kind of plastic is safe to use with ISO.

The one that comes with the PD has worked well for me for over 2 years, and I let the stems soak in 90% ISO for 24 hours, but I would imagine that there are some plastics that would not work as well.

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I have a tall glass double shot glass that I use. It's from Dave and Buster's :lol: works great for cleaning and reclaiming.

aesthyrian,

Nycdeisel

Yep, as said, the purple bottle with cap that comes with the PD is perfect and is safe with the alcohol, not all plastics may be.

You should email the PD team and see if you can just buy a couple bottles by themselves or find out what kind of bottle it is so you can safely buy it from elsewhere.

Nycdeisel,

djonkoman

I think a test tube could work, but you would need to make a cap yourself(or for shaking place your thumb on it)
downside is that you can only order them in a bit bigger quantities(I still have 50 or so laying around from when I needed some to keep ants)

djonkoman,

rotax

Zaporist
Great! thanks everyone.

And yes, one concern was the plastic issue. I had a old [small] shampoo bottle (one from a hotel) that was close to fitting... but the plastic still concerned me.

The test tube idea looks good.. I'll do some searching for individual units.

Edit:
Just found a glass tube, single quantity. Just an FYI for anyone who's also after something similar.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...p?ie=UTF8&qid=1307534221&sr=8-9&condition=new

Thanks again for getting set in the right direction! :peace:

rotax,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
aesthyrian said:
I have a tall glass double shot glass that I use. It's from Dave and Buster's :lol: works great for cleaning and reclaiming.

mine isnt dave and buster brand but i use the same thing, either a double shot glass or a scotch glass if im cleaning bigger parts from other vapes.

i find that i prefer using just a normal wide mouth glass and using a metal pokey to scrape the resin and then rinse and repeat until its clean. takes about 3 scrapings/rinses in the glass to get it totally clean and thats done within a few minutes.

ive never tried a cleaner tube with my log vape stems but i have used the cleaning tube that came with my herbalaire and it seems you either have to let it soak for a day or two, and end up scraping the remainder anyways, so i just stick to the fast method. i also really enjoy it. part of my stoner ritual.

gettin lifted,

reece

Nycdeisel said:
...or find out what kind of bottle it is so you can safely buy it from elsewhere.

I asked for similar information once. Overall, the replies I got were not so nice. When I replied in kind, I was accused of starting trouble. I even got a very nasty email from one member. Maybe folks are more mellow now.

reece,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
hahah wow people get uptight about you questioning the possible dangers of plastic?

Now THAT'S funny! Or just sad.. I use the glass so I don't have to worry about the whether the plastic will leech anything. I'm sure there are some that are fine, but I'll stick to the glass and hope I'm ok.

aesthyrian,

reece

aesthyrian said:
hahah wow people get uptight about you questioning the possible dangers of plastic?

Not about the dangers of plastic; about me asking where/how to get a similar bottle for cleaning.

reece,

lwien

reece said:
Not about the dangers of plastic; about me asking where/how to get a similar bottle for cleaning.

reece said:
I asked for similar information once. Overall, the replies I got were not so nice. When I replied in kind, I was accused of starting trouble.

Reece, you may be doing that again here, eh? Kind of like opening up an old wound to see if it still bleeds.

lwien,

reece

lwien said:
reece said:

reece said:
I asked for similar information once. Overall, the replies I got were not so nice. When I replied in kind, I was accused of starting trouble.

Reece, you may be doing that again here, eh? Kind of like opening up an old wound to see if it still bleeds.
I wasn't starting trouble then, so I cannot be doing it "again."

I didn't just come out of the blue talking about the past.

Someone was being advised to do something I have already done. Based on my previous experience I thought I'd give a word to the wise.

It is unfortunate that you see it the way you do.

reece,

lwien

reece said:
It is unfortunate that you see it the way you do.

Yeah, I guess it is.

I apologize, reece, but I'm just relaying it the way I see it. Kinda my MO. Doesn't always play out well.

lwien,

reece

lwien said:
I apologize, reece, but I'm just relaying it the way I see it. Kinda my MO. Doesn't always play out well.

And hasn't that gotten you accusations similar to the one you're throwing at me now?

You usually reply that you're looking out for potential new members and/or lurkers who could get the wrong idea (about various topics).

If it is alright for you to do so for hypothetical people, why is it wrong for me to do so with an actual person?

reece,

rotax

Zaporist
So, I ordered one (1) vial from Amazon, and they sent me eight (8)..
And I just tried to slide my MZ tube into it, and its too small...at least the neck is, after I cracked the neck, it fits inside perfect...go figure.
So, out $4.50, have a bunch of vials I'll never use for any other reason..
This is dumb..

So, does PD sell their cleaning bottles individually?

rotax,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If you look in the section of store where they sell travel sized toiletries they usually have containers for lotions, etc. You should be able to find one easily and cheaply there if you know the dimensions you need.

Lo,
Top Bottom