Lipo safe bag or ammo box for liion and mod storage?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
What are the best methods for storing my 18650s to guard against fire risk? I would ideally keep the majority of them in their mods so I'd need something with a shoebox or so of space. If I went with an ammo box is there any advantage to new over some crusty old one from an antique store? I like old crusty stuff.

Mr. Me2

I just did an “ammo box” search on eBay because you like old crusty stuff. LOTS of hits.

I tried but couldn’t grab a link to the page on my phone, but it’s an easy search.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Have you ever put a firecracker in a dustbin and sealed it? Not much bin left lots of scrapnel. Bad idea.

18650s are designed to vent to avoid explosion. Make sure they are able to do that without being contained.

The best thing you can do is store them in 18650 cases so that there is no way they can short. I do this and dont have any worry about fire. 18650s wont vent without reason.

Fireproof boxes stop the risk of fire, but have the potential risk of causing explosion.

Saturn_Corp

I use an ammo box for all my battery related needs. I build electric skateboards so naturally have some high capacity lipos and li-ions sitting around.

No fires yet but the ammo canister should help. I'm fully discharding two 4s 8ah lipos slowly right now and they're in the box in case of explosions.

Top Bottom