Light beverage anyone?

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Blew my mind! Thank god I like the taste of plain ol' tap water best!... or cranberry cocktail once in a while.

mattybass,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Nothing like 68 strips of bacon in a beverage cup to satisfy your thirst.
Here's something to go along with that bacon soda. A bacon lamp:

lwien,

the ob

all good in the hood.
my life pretty much revolves around bacon. I have so much bacon stuff it would make your head spin.

the ob,

Purple-Days

That's wierd Lwien, I'm sure the fat is translucent and it looks extra food at night.

Speaking of looking good and to clarify what the link was about.

fwucnl.jpg

Worst Drive-Thru Shake
McDonalds Triple Thick Chocolate Shake (large, 32 fl oz)

1,160 calories
27 g fat (16 g saturated, 2 g trans)
168 g sugars

Sugar Equivalent: 13 McDonalds Baked Hot Apple Pies

There are very few milk shakes in America worthy of your hard-earned calories, but few will punish you as thoroughly as this Mickey Ds drive-thru disaster. Not only does it have more than half your days caloric and saturated fat allotment and more sugar than youd find in Willy Wonkas candy lab, but Ronald even finds a way to sneak in a full day of cholesterol-spiking trans fat. The scariest part about this drink is that its most likely Americas most popular milk shake.

And McD's wasn't the worst beverage, by far. :o I'm not picking on them, just the best known sample of the bunch.

Purple-Days,

GreenLeaf

I don't really drink that stuff. If I want iced tea I just make it with loose tea leaves or a tea bag and put it over ice.

Even if I go to a $tarbuc$ to get a mocha or latte I get it with non-fat milk and I get the short size which is smaller than the tall/small size but you have to ask for it.

GreenLeaf,

Purple-Days

I drink cheap Tea primarily. And tap water at other times. Cheep generic Mt. Dew substitute (lower sugar and caffeine than the national brand). HQ Beer is fun in the late evening and even good for you in moderation, but never drink and drive, please.

I thought this list was astounding. I'm 50 miles from a McD's and have never been to a Starbuck's (never even seen a franchise).

In most cases I think I would rather have the pile of 'food' sitting next to the 'drink' and give me pure water or tea.

Purple-Days,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
On a side note, in restaurants I seldom have anything but water. The cost of sugered/sugar-free bevorages astounds me.

macbill,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
There's a Star$bucks on my block and I've been there *once* and it was OK but I don't understand the fascination.
I do like coffee in the morning and fully recommend, as I've mentioned elsewhere here I think, the Keurig pod coffee making machine.
A cup is relatively pricey, $.40, but that's a whole lot cheaper and I think it's much better.

The quality of the water is key whether it's for tea or coffee.

I've been very happy with my PUR pitcher, I've since retired my Brita.
I drink alot of water day and night - it is the ultimate thirst quencher.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

Water, :rolleyes: "Here's a big tipper!" says the waiter, under his breath.

It's funny, we have both worked food service at upper levels, order water normally, and tip well (having worked for it), but you can see it in their eyes... what can you say, just leave a nice tip to change their pre-disposition to water drinkers. Who wants sweet, acidic, carbonated artificially flavored water? Or any variation hot or cold.

Ice if you have it but I want water when I eat, cool or cold. :2c:

Exception: Chinese dinner. Hot Tea in small cups. :D

Purple-Days,

bcleez

Your right, if you order a water it's taken as an insult to the waiter! I am a huge ice tea guy. There is a great tea shop in my town. I love Peach Apricot Black Tea.

I moved from New England to N.C. and Iced Tea here means Sweet Tea... which is the most foul stuff on earth. Pure tooth rot... You need to specially order UNSWEET or they assume you want this hillbilly concoction.

Here is a bacon mug filled with melted cheese. http://images.foodproof.com/bacon-cup-full-of-cheese-full.jpg

There is a website dedicated to this insane food I forget what it is, but for the Super Bowl people were making all types of crazy stuff, like a replica football stadium made out of food and dips. God Bless the USA ( when history looks back on our civilization & this time period we are going to look like total a-holes)

bcleez,
Top Bottom