Lesser known vape companies that deserve more love

deadsouthernblake

These days there are tons of companies out there producing all kinds of dry herb vapes, both original designs and their spin on a multi-brand model. But for the most part it seems like you still only hear about the same few that we've been hearing about for years now. Of course there's a good reason for that,, they're the best of the best or worst of the worst. But I'm sure there has to be a few of those lesser known companies out there putting out some models that are truly worth checking out and defiantly deserve some more attention. Linx and X-Vape are a couple that come to mind that I'd like to find out more about. I thought some of their products at least looked appealing.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Linx and X-Vape are a couple that come to mind that I'd like to find out more about. I thought some of their products at least looked appealing.
I believe that Xvape is owned by topgreen along with other brands, like Xmax. They make some of the most popular commercially produced vapes discussed here. Linx is a pretty well established brand, but I think they are more popular for wax rather than dry herb. I have heard very mixed reviews for their products.

I am curious which vapes you hear about often. I expected this thread to be about obscure artisan vapes, rather than factory produced electronics. Should be fun to watch!

Last edited:

Vaporware

I agree with @Grass Yes that more obscure artisan devices make more sense to to talk about. I’m not sure how I’d even judge which of the mass produced devices was not well known enough!

Taking it in more of an artisanal direction though, while these 3 are well known or gaining recognition here they are not nearly well known enough outside of FC:

Z8

Toad

Nomad

It’s cool if you guys want to bring up some of the less known models from larger companies, but I feel like there are a lot of these that aren’t well known for good reasons. :shrug:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
well known or gaining recognition here they are not nearly well known enough outside of FC:
This is a fun category. I would put the Cloud Connoisseur vapes (and glass!) on that list. The dude is crushing it and I can see next year really taking off for his stuff. Everything I have from CC is a work of art and a fantastic device.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
O’Connell Woodworks, CDXX, Ed’s T&T, The Rogue Wax Works, Old Head TC. By no means inclusive, just spitballing a few that get love here on FC but should be bigger.

IMHO, anything battery powered is ‘almost’ excluded by nature from lesser known. If you have funding for a production run with integrated componentry, you likely also have a marketing budget. Lesser knowns are mostly the artisans in my book.

deadsouthernblake

Yea I knew that there were plenty of those lesser known brands that just aren't worth knowing. LoL But I figured there were probably a couple of hidden gems hidden among the useless junk. Just being they're smaller companies they probably don't have the extra funds needed for better marketing and such to draw in more people.

Far as me saying "lesser known" just meaning some of the brands and models out there that probably aren't really top contenders but for their price you don't think get near enough love.

Know much on Zeus ? I've seen a good many of the.....say...lesser known and or somewhat newer online vape review channels talking about their vapes and saying really good things. But for some reason I don't remember seeing any of the more well known vape reviewers going over any of their products.

With all the multi-brand vape models now it makes me wonder if any of the after market versions are actually better than the original. I know there's a couple of models out there that must be being put out by at least five or six different companies. lol

deadsouthernblake,
Reactions: CDXX Pipes

Vaporware

Some of these “reviewers” push Utillian products as the best thing since sliced Mighty because they make money pushing those products…I believe some of the same people promote Zeus…

I’ve seen a couple of real users say they liked their Zeus devices, but personally I wouldn’t trust a “review” pushing either brand. :2c:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Know much on Zeus ? I've seen a good many of the.....say...lesser known and or somewhat newer online vape review channels talking about their vapes and saying really good things. But for some reason I don't remember seeing any of the more well known vape reviewers going over any of their products
Haha yeah that is one of these:
Yea I knew that there were plenty of those lesser known brands that just aren't worth knowing. LoL But I figured there were probably a couple of hidden gems hidden among the useless junk
That is the most of it you will see mentioned here, us laughing at those reviewers...

Dutch-Mic

Dreamwood vaporizers. The Punch mini, Dobby, DLX-pro and the three Glows that I own work perfectly and look great.

Solwe (from the Vaponic). The learning curve is, compared to a Dynavap, quite steep, but the vapor quality is top-notch.

ElMetrico

No longer available actually, now only available direct from Jaxel (and GrassGlassorVAS) or Felix's Vapottery (same basic function but technically Collyland is done except for aftermarket)
I was not aware of that, thank you for letting me know :)
Any idea what hwppened?

ElMetrico,

Gnome34

The JCVAP Pockety looks interesting. Pretty great reviews for the price point so far.

I was going to get one but the 3grams.com 3d atomizer has made my og Peak a workhorse. I think between it and the Ispire Daab my concentrate needs may be covered.

Gnome34,

Zipford

These days there are tons of companies out there producing all kinds of dry herb vapes, both original designs and their spin on a multi-brand model. But for the most part it seems like you still only hear about the same few that we've been hearing about for years now. Of course there's a good reason for that,, they're the best of the best or worst of the worst. But I'm sure there has to be a few of those lesser known companies out there putting out some models that are truly worth checking out and defiantly deserve some more attention. Linx and X-Vape are a couple that come to mind that I'd like to find out more about. I thought some of their products at least looked appealing.
I have the Linx Hypnos Zero concentrate pen and love it.

In terms of their dry herb vapes, avoid the Linx Eden at all costs: it is horrible. The draw is incredibly tight, like trying to suck a golf ball through a straw. I tried everything to address that, including emailing Linx repeatedly, but there's no fixing it. Even removing every obstacle in the air path, it is still super hard to draw. Either it needs more or larger intake holes in the body or the bottom of the chamber or both. On top of that, the mouthpiece gets very hot. Some reviews admit it gets "warm" but that is nonsense, it gets scalding hot. You need to put the silicone condom on the mouthpiece to use the device. This device had so much promise in terms of a clean air path, but it is a horrible.

I've said this before about the Linx Eden, but given that I promised their rep I would trash the device every chance I get, here I am again!!

I've also heard here that some of their other dry herb vapes are underwhelming, but I haven't tried any so can't comment.

ETA: as some have mentioned above, you need to be careful about reviews because some are essentially fake/bought. Much better to find a consensus here, where people bought with their own money and actually use the vapes in real life.

Zipford,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was not aware of that, thank you for letting me know :)
Any idea what hwppened?

Yep it is all in the thread, and the new Jaxel thread. It's a bit more streamlined now, they used to be sending units to Germany, to then be processed and sent through the site... They shut down that German company and Daniel moved I think so it's a different setup now, Jaxel found someone in the US to help them with sales since they are still making them, and Felix is the son of the original creator Colly who was already making someone off units and doing repairs, so now he's just doing his own thing even more one off style units... Basically become even more artisan again? You missed out on the Colly liquidation sale during the summer

ElMetrico

Yep it is all in the thread, and the new Jaxel thread. It's a bit more streamlined now, they used to be sending units to Germany, to then be processed and sent through the site... They shut down that German company and Daniel moved I think so it's a different setup now, Jaxel found someone in the US to help them with sales since they are still making them, and Felix is the son of the original creator Colly who was already making someone off units and doing repairs, so now he's just doing his own thing even more one off style units... Basically become even more artisan again? You missed out on the Colly liquidation sale during the summer
Oh wow, ik totally missed it indeed. Thanks for the elaborate update :)

Top Bottom