Legal Medical MJ Users and How You're Perceived

Farid

I just cannot agree. So if I, a stoner, get medical marijuana by posing as a sufferer of some qualified disease, that "belittles the suffering of people who really have those serious conditions". How? How does me getting marijuana belittle them? How would they even know about me or be affected by me in the least? If I fake insomnia to get medical marijuana, how in the world does that hurt 'real' sufferers of insomnia?
I'll agree to disagree. I see a scenario like this. Somebody fakes insomnia to get MMJ. Doesn't tell many people, but his wife knows, and tells her brother. Her brother, who does not use cannabis, and is not very accepting then thinks using MMJ for insomnia is illegitimate because he knows somebody who faked it for that reason. He then votes against it, not realizing people who really have insomnia are helped tremendously from it. Public image is everything for the MMJ community imo.

I just cannot condemn somebody who wants cannabis for any reason and has to 'game the system' to get it. I broke the fucking law to get it for years, now I'm going to turn up my nose at others who want it? Nah.
I believe it's ok to break an unjust law. So I think its OK for a person to smoke cannabis illegally, recreationally. I don't think the laws which say one must have a legitimate medical condition to have MMJ are unjust, so I see no legitimate reason to break them.

Farid,

grokit

well-worn member
:bigleaf::dog::horse: :spliff:

dd_405x480.jpg

It's just a plant :ninja:

Gunky

I'll agree to disagree. I see a scenario like this. Somebody fakes insomnia to get MMJ. Doesn't tell many people, but his wife knows, and tells her brother. Her brother, who does not use cannabis, and is not very accepting then thinks using MMJ for insomnia is illegitimate because he knows somebody who faked it for that reason. He then votes against it, not realizing people who really have insomnia are helped tremendously from it. Public image is everything for the MMJ community imo.

Absurd bullshit reasoning. And for this you want to steal that good weed from the mouths of cannabis lovers. Pfooey.

I believe it's ok to break an unjust law. So I think its OK for a person to smoke cannabis illegally, recreationally. I don't think the laws which say one must have a legitimate medical condition to have MMJ are unjust, so I see no legitimate reason to break them.

Contradictory bullshit. It's ok to break the law outright but it's not ok to accomplish the same thing by gaming a medical marijuana statute? Pish and furthermore, tosh.

Last edited:
Gunky,

Chill Dude

I dig stoners. I am not afraid to rub shoulders with them in a dispensary. The amusing strain names and drug counter-culture are fun and lend character and tradition to the industry. I wouldn't want it to be any other way.

This pretty much sums up the way I feel about this topic.. I'm somewhat older and I have no problem going to a dispensary and hanging with the stoners as well as the medical people. It's fun to be part of the scene. I never judge people by age or the way they dress, as long as there's a cool vibe... I'm good.

I think some older people have a sense of guilt or feel dispensaries are sketchy for whatever reason. I personally don't feel that way at all. Whether your a "true" medical patient or a 22 year old stoner wanting to get ripped on a Friday night; it's all good, who am I to judge.. I used to be that 22 year old haha..in fact, I sometimes hang with the younger crowd ( mainly my nephew and his buds), and roll like they do.. It's fun to do once in a while.. There's nothing wrong with different generations partaking together.. Why can't weed bring people together vs dividing us based on age or looks or medical vs recreational status.? It makes no sense...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I long for the day that I can go to a dispensary that caters to all. Medical and recreational. I would have no problem as a recreational user purchasing the same strain as a medical user and knowing that the medical user is paying less.

I hope that once my body starts to fail I'll qualify for medicinal use. Who knows maybe me, my kids and their friends come in at the same time on a Friday night -- them to purchase what they want for a Friday night house warming while I purchase what I need for pain management. I might be disappointed if they don't hold the door for me though.

Edit: Hopefully my 'kids' will be 40 to 50 years old by the time my body fails to that level :)

Last edited:

Nesta

Speaking of getting older & MMJ- I'm hoping that when the time comes & I'm in a nursing home, there will be a well stocked little dispensary in the place. [And they're not stingy with the meds!]

Are any California or Colorado nursing homes offering MMJ at this point? Or do you need a caregiver to go to the dispensary for you?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
In WA state we have strong smoking laws. If someone did use cannabis it would have to be a vaporizer. Only a few doctors in the state will suggest using cannabis. Someone with something like cancer many doc probably would suggest. There's a lot of prejudice about cannabis in the medical community unless you are going to die and taking chemotherapy.

I feel Washington state has stepped backwards where medical cannabis is concerned.

Anyone that's in an accident be careful here or a legal state because they may check for carnnabis use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom