Legacy Pro + Angus + Tinymight2, 18650 holy trinity?

budski

cantre member
alp = convection leaning
angus = conduction leaning
tinymight = full convection

alp caps work in the tm2 oven
angus caps work in the tm2 stem

all 3 are nice to look at, pleasant to hold/handle, simple to use, good with full nuggs, tm2 wins for easy to clean and vesatility, ALP wins for cool vapor stock and I personally love the flavor of gold over stainless.
Is my VAS in remission? will this tide me over for awhile until I fall down the glass rabbit hole? opinions and comparisons appreciated.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Alp looks ok, but there's alot of silicone in the vapour path and it's not the easiest to clean. I don't think I need one...

Angus has some less than desirable things in the air path, notably for me (many people done have a problem with it) the bulb holder will have brass contacts, I don't want hot brass any where near my lungs, zinc oxide is nasty stuff that I don't want to take a risk with.

TM is my favourite of the 3 but I do get a bit of stainless twang from the heater, so that's my vacation vape bringing near desktop performance on the go.

Is your VAS in remission? Possibly, until you realise how many manual glass vapes you could collect for the same price as the TM and have a jolly old time getting to learn them. 😉 the eighteen mm killer by @GoodVibesBoro is a fantastic place to start

RxPlorer

After significant experience with ALP native and TM native, I settled on ALP as a clear winner for my needs and preferences. It is interesting that ALP caps work in the TM. Do they perform better than the TM or Crafty caps (can’t test it myself as I sold all TM hardware a while back)?

RxPlorer,

budski

cantre member
The gold ALP caps drop into the bottom of the oven close to the heat so work great really full extraction, the angus caps are thick walled and fit in the titanium stem just right, adds a lot of conduction effect, takes a bit longer, and a bit less thorough extraction. Haven't used the TM or S&B caps yet and don't feel the need to buy them since I already have the ALP &Angus

budski,
Reactions: RxPlorer

budski

cantre member
swappable 18650 portable, mass produced?? I guess. three that cover a bit of spectrum as far as Ideal use scenarios sesh/on demand, My experience and budget are limited, no boutique customs on the horizon just yet. interchangeable caps are a deal maker for me.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TM2 makes me not interested in ALP and Angus was an obvious disappointment for me... There is a thread talking about holy trinity of vapes, what other people feel is their top three lol Honestly these days at home I use Tetra more, much more than anything else, but I still think TM is the overall best (especially if you are limiting to more mass-produced stuff it really walks that line of mainstream artisan now, but I'd say FW9 would be a top contender if more artisan was included too, I have the FW7 however I use BAK more now though I will get FW9 eventually as well... Oh + Toad?!)

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Agreed that one of those listed is definitely worth keeping on the list. But I would likely put my Milaana, Zion, Firewood, etc above those others. My Toad won't arrive until next month but I hope it has a shot at being in my top 3.

Not totally clear on this question. It kind of seems like just a list of currently available mass market vapes? Also is the Angus really conduction heavy? Their marketing implies they had a different goal.

budski

cantre member
Agreed that one of those listed is definitely worth keeping on the list. But I would likely put my Milaana, Zion, Firewood, etc above those others. My Toad won't arrive until next month but I hope it has a shot at being in my top 3.

Not totally clear on this question. It kind of seems like just a list of currently available mass market vapes? Also is the Angus really conduction heavy? Their marketing implies they had a different goal.
more fishing for info than a specific question. thus in the general discussion forum
the angus needs to build up some heat for a minute or 2 before I get any vapor then gets hotter till the end of 5min sesh, so more conduction style experience. Thanks for all the replies, helps me set my sites.

Last edited:
budski,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
the angus needs to build up some heat for a minute or 2 before I get any vapor then gets hotter till the end of 5min sesh, so more conduction style experience.
I assumed that was to heat the beads, rather than the bowl. TIL. Thanks!

Grass Yes,

budski

cantre member
right, then draw through to heat up the bowl, when its up to temp, then you get vapor, seems a bit more conduction like experience, not much heat up time for back to back bowls

budski,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
more fishing for info than a specific question. thus in the general discussion forum

The ask FC section still fits this description, while I think you would get more notice and interaction potentially... The general discussion forum typically wouldn't talk about specific products this way, I don't know that's a weird section lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: budski

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
right, then draw through to heat up the bowl, when its up to temp, then you get vapor, seems a bit more conduction like experience, not much heat up time for back to back bowls
It seems like you are mixing the idea of a session device and a conduction device, but I don't have direct experience with an Angus in any case.

Although it they are only heating the bowl with their bulb, that certainly explains some of the confusion around their marketing claims and performance.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: 364F

budski

cantre member
I will say the Angus makes for a really great hand warmer in the cold weather, with added benefits.

budski,

bobothevaper

I guess people have their own preferences. The best vaporizer for me at home is the Dynavap with an IH and a reload. Still looking for a good outside vape. Not a fan of long open draws.

bobothevaper,
Reactions: chimpybits

Texus

IME, even after a full session, the walls of the Angus herb chamber aren't getting hot enough for me to consider it convection. Tho there may be a bit involved, the majority of the heating is coming from the heat transmitted by the bulb and balls that then absorb this heat until it is transferred to flower on inhale. In general, in terms of taste and effects, I tend to think of halogen vapes as their own thing as opposed to convection, conduction and hybrid designs using more traditional heating elements. And I am a sucker for the flavor of Halogen design hits, whether Angus, Halo or Herbalizer. Especially for some strains/terps. So the chance to have an on-the-go-Halo? Sign me up. While it should be mentioned that I didn't have the issues with flavor/smell that others have (and haven't noticed any recent impressions mentioning that, so hopefully issue was resolved), it is at the top of my 16500 vape trinity. Just so much better terp/flavor extraction than any other swappable battery design that I've tried.

I'd also add the Firewood7 to my trinity. Form factor and pocketability is really great here, and FW7 is much closer to on demand. And this design would fall under convection/conduction hybrid. But flavor isn't at the level of the Angus, likely due to that design. Yet feel in the hand, compactness and the different sorts of effects that come from more of a conduction profile all make it a compelling, enjoyable option.

Haven't tried the TM2 yet. I got turned off by early reports of poor customer service which now seems fixed, and currently it is the stories of broken buttons and inner glass tube that give me pause. But based on how many fans it has, I'd assume that it would slot in as a the third in this 16500 trinity if I ever pull the trigger.

So the last in my personal trinity would be the Roffu, but I consider it not at the level of the other two. But it does give a convection experience and is a truly on demand vape along with having a session mode. Also like the more precise temperature control. And SUPER incognito since it very strongly resembles nicotine vapes. Very pocketable too. Roffu on a good sale or the XMax Pro v3 are the value kings of the 16500 options in my book.

While not a 16500 vape per say, if we broaden to 16500 vaping devices, the third member of my trinity would be the iSpire Wand. While maybe not the optimal heater for vapes like Angus that need lots of energy, I still get great hits from the Angus and Thermal Accumulator from it, as well as less demanding options like Dynavaps. Not to mention the Wand's original purpose: dabs!! So versatile.

budski

cantre member
well the wife just hit the brakes on my VAS until I pay off the cards, so firewood, toad, glass and IH are gonna have to wait til next year when I retire.
Meanwhile I'll keep diggin and learnin:science:

budski,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
well the wife just hit the brakes on my VAS until I pay off the cards, so firewood, toad, glass and IH are gonna have to wait til next year when I retire.
Meanwhile I'll keep diggin and learnin:science:
If you are on the road list your number won't come up for a year anyway. But you definitely should manage your money in the way you and your partner think is best

Grass Yes,
Reactions: budski

budski

cantre member
If you are on the road list your number won't come up for a year anyway. But you definitely should manage your money in the way you and your partner think is best
as soon as the fallout settles; considering the crash course I started in april, I think I just graduated elemenary school:rofl:
DIY ing my own log or box is definitely on the horizon for senior year.:science:

Last edited:

Pinte

Got a bunch of "cheaper" vapes. Got the ALP and the only thing I will buy going forward is a Toad if my number ever comes up. ALP with the revised pods is just so dang flavorful and don't even need to clean hardly. Can you dig it. It's nice seeing stuff like the Lobo not even tempt me.

budski

cantre member
Got a bunch of "cheaper" vapes. Got the ALP and the only thing I will buy going forward is a Toad if my number ever comes up. ALP with the revised pods is just so dang flavorful and don't even need to clean hardly. Can you dig it. It's nice seeing stuff like the Lobo not even tempt me.
I was tempted by the lobo as a swappable battery, replacement for my one. But not a fan of the feel of the brushed aluminum bodies or buying another set of caps, and it paid for Half the Tinymight2, which can use the ALP caps I already have that taste better than stainless.

Last edited:
budski,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I don't even use the pods and I wasn't tempted by the Lobo. I love the flavor I get from the ALP and I just wipe it down with an alcohol wipe after every other use to keep it pretty clean. It's a great little vape.

I see the Venty and TM2 as potentially better vapes but I'm not willing to pay almost double the price to get what they might offer me. 20 sec heatup, check. Cool vapor, check. Super tasty, check. I'm good.

budski

cantre member
TM2 is a better vape, more simple sturdy, easier to clean and way more versatile, but the ALP's gold bowl/caps taste better and the vapor path, though convoluted to clean, is cooler stock. Drop the gold Airvape caps into the TM2 with a long dimpled or beaded stem and the flavor comes real close to the Legacy Pro.
pretty sure the TM2 will still be putting out when the 10 year warranty is up, pretty sure the alp will have been used to death before that, which is one of the reasons I bought a second ALP to ease the load on the 1st one. Still rotating all 3 as daily drivers, angus mostly bedtime & w/ morning coffee.

Last edited:
budski,

Pinte

Have there been issues with the ALP? I've seen posts about TM2 internals breaking here and there, but have yet to see anything about the ALP other than the faux leather scuffing.

Pinte,

budski

cantre member
no ALP issues that I know of, but after several months of daily use the gold is getting discolored the hinge is getting a bit looser than my new one. Keep in mind I'm not that easy on my gear, get's scuffed between kicking around in the truck, pocket or shop and I only clean it when really necessary. 10yrs is a long time for any electric device, my abuse and neglect will prove trying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom