Latest and greatest portables

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
the dynavaps look good to me but would like to hear people’s suggestions.

Dynavaps are decent but can be a challenge to use outside (depending on weatherconditions and how you heat them, torch or IH).

There's a whole world of different portables so really depends what you are looking for.
Things to consider:
Battery or no battery?
Convection or conduction?
Heavy hitter or more of a sipper?
On demand or session?
:D
The more you specify your needs/wants the better answers you'll get i guess.

If you like the Dynavap-style you might want to have a look at this:

fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-tempest-by-mad-heaters-phatpiggie.54063/

It's not officially been released yest (coming soon normally), it's a bit like a Dynavap on steroids, the balls in the cap make it retain heat much longer and turn it into a different experience compared to Dynavaps.
MADheaters is an English company and i see you're Englisg too so...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have no more VAS for portables with this lineup:

P80
OmniVap/Assassin
TOAD
TM2
MiniVap
Bowle

I know newer vapes have come along, but I have not been convinced they will serve me better (for flavor or effect) than any of the above.

Durbandream

Out of all the portables I've tried the TM2 is clearly the best, but it might be too delicate for camping trips. I've seen the spectrum vary wildly from people who take theirs everywhere to people who never let it out of the house, so if you don't mind the risk then the TM2 is all you would need. Apart from that, the Roffu is cheaper and also has on-demand capability which is preferable outdoors.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't baby my devices, including my TM2. It is not for the ham-handed for sure, but mine has been on countless trips in the drift boat and wade trips... in both instances where I broke it, it was at home and due to the device getting knocked off my workbench.

Previous repairs have been easy and relatively fast.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the Roffu is cheaper and also has on-demand capability which is preferable outdoors.
The Roffu is also nearly bullet-proof, I tripped and threw mine against a brick wall then landed on bare concrete and only sustained a few scratches and now has nearly 9000 puffs on the counter,
1669264808317-jpg.42366

Others have more puffs than I with equal or more drops but only a bit of cosmetic damage,
1691633159621-jpg.48440

Durbandream

The Roffu is also nearly bullet-proof, I tripped and threw mine against a brick wall then landed on bare concrete and only sustained a few scratches and now has nearly 9000 puffs on the counter,
1669264808317-jpg.42366

Others have more puffs than I with equal or more drops but only a bit of cosmetic damage,
1691633159621-jpg.48440

The more I think about it, the more I realize I've never really heard anything bad about the Roffu. How easy is it to load/unload?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How easy is it to load/unload?
Very easy, especially with the funnel (add it if you get the lite kit) and the capsules work great...the extra stainless steel of the dosing capsule can add conduction to the mix also (especially when mated to the S/S oven).
Any FCer can PM me if you can't wait for sales and need a code:tup:

Last edited:

maremaresing

The more I think about it, the more I realize I've never really heard anything bad about the Roffu. How easy is it to load/unload?

The only things bad about it are usage tracker, UI (5 clicks on and off), and inability to clean airpath between intake and load. For the price and performance, especially on sale, it's a sleek jack of all trades.

I use mine frequently and am always impressed, in spite of it's flaws. Get the dosing caps, they rule.

zeusjames

I load my Roffus a few ways.

If I grind I preload several oven chambers using the funnel and my fourteen spare chambers (50-50 glass/SS) set up on wooden pegs using the shovel and funnel that came int the kit both recommended.

If I grind I preload capsules with the funnel and shovel.

If I don't grind I leave the chamber in place and remove the AVB with a toothpick while tipping sideways and gently holding the oven chamber in place. Then I rub a little weed between my fingers and then stuff it in the bowl. Recently I have been doing more of this because it is simple and leaves out the grinder phase.

I always use the three minute session mode and redo the mode if I want six minutes.

I recommend lots of batteries. I have eight spares and an eight bay battery charger.
I recommend spare oven chambers. I have fourteen spare chambers, half glass and half stainless steel.
I recommend the capsules especially if you are out and about, I rarely use mine because it is easier to deal with the chambers and they hold a little more weed.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The only things bad about it are usage tracker, UI (5 clicks on and off), and inability to clean airpath between intake and load. For the price and performance, especially on sale, it's a sleek jack of all trades.

I use mine frequently and am always impressed, in spite of it's flaws. Get the dosing caps, they rule.

Yeah and the stock setup is effective although vapor quality not as good, definitely better with stock WPA direct or custom JoDa stem, but still flavor and subjective vapor quality not quite the level of TM for me at least

Top Bottom