Lab glass vendor recommendation request

Concerned Mother

Hello forum, first time poster here. I’m happy to finally be apart of the forum as I seem to keep ending up lurking the forums when researching vaping issues :)

I have a lung disease and other respiratory issues so I’m kind of paranoid about materials and currently looking for the very purest vape I can get ahold of which I figure is a borosilicate/titanium one. Unfortunately I have’nt found one that fits my idea of what I’m looking for as well as my budget.

So I’m looking for borosilicate lab glass to construct a fitting glass piece out of. The heating element will be a later issue and I will probably construct a DIY one if I can’t find (a second hand) one at a good price. I figure that I may have to go with a non-titanium (ceramic?) heating element, at least until I find an affordable titanium one, and am ready to go with a glass piece made out of a bottle with a drilled hole for the downstem if everything else fails. But if that’s the case so be it. It still beats the plastic vaporizers I currently use. I’ll just have to save up a couple of hundred € for a proper one I guess.

However the quality lab glass I’ve found is way expensive, and the cheaper chinese pieces from dhgate, wish etc seem to be of questionable purity. So now I’m asking for help in finding a store which offer low priced quality lab glass. Individual glass pieces would be interesting as well. Borosilicate gong (18 & 14) downstems available at a good price as well. I’m looking to construct something like a herborizer or a de verdamper.

If someone can point me in the direction of a glass(/titanium) vaporizer for sale at a fair price it’d be much appreciated.

Any input would be appreciated really.

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,
Reactions: Haze Mister

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hello @Concerned Mother and welcome to the FC.

There are a number of options you have with a boro glass and/or Ti/SS airpath. Some factors that would help in choosing a vape that is right for you would be your price range, and whether you would be looking for a plug-in home model, a battery powered portable or maybe a torch heated portable. I'm assuming that you're not in the US being that you mentioned euros, this would matter in terms of shipping to your part of the world.

A solid option is a log vape, such as the nano by epicvape, which has a ceramic heater and all boro glass attachments. This is one of my favorite vapes, however they are a plug-in and I don't know about shipping prices outside the US. For a battery portable, the Edge or Fury 2 from Healthyrips are great vapes and comes with glass attachments.

Last edited:

Concerned Mother

Thanks @BabyFacedFinster

What’s a SS air path?

What I’m looking for is a desktop unit made of as inert materials as possible, which to my knowledge is titanium and borosilicate glass. Or at least one with without aluminum and plastic in the air path. I am uncomfortsble with steel, ceramic and electrics as well and do not want to spend my time and money on a unit which I’m not going to be uncomfortable or unhappy with, or wishing for something else in a few months. I think that I know what I want even though I have’nt been keeping up to date with what’s on the market since getting the vapes that I currently own. However I’ve recently begun questioning the health effects of the materials used in them and am now looking for replacements that won’t have me worried about negative health effects. Besides the lung diseases and respiratory issues I also have a weak immune system so I have a good reason to be picky when it comes to the materials used in my vapes.

The e-nano ticks some of the boxes as far as what I’m looking for in a vaporizer but I’m worried about the use of aluminum in it and that the material being vaped is in contact with steel, and the acidic resin might corrode it which could be a health concern. I’m also not sure how it handles solids which would be my main use. Other than that it looks like a great vape and I’ll keep it in mind, if nothing else as an inspiration if I decide to DIY a vaporizer. Thanks for letting me know about it. I would actually concider grabbing one if I should come across one as a good enough price. One could probably add another glass piece to it so that the material used isn't in contact with the steel part and the aluminum probably isn’t a problem or could probably be replaced with a safer material.

I’m less attracted by the healthyrips ones as I believe it’s a chinese vape that’s sold under different brands which is kind of sketchy to me, even though it’s supposedly a good vape. Also the non user replaceable battery is a deal breaker for me at least if I am to spend a bit more on it as I don’t think that I am in as such a big need for a portable as I am of a desktop unit. I don’t understand why any one would make a vape with non replaceable batteries in 2019 to be honest.

The portable I’m aware of that comes closest to matching my preferences is the firefly 2/2+ but like any of the ones I’m interested in it’s say too expensive unfortunately. I may have to wait until one is released that matches my preferences better actually. What I like about it the most is the, almost, all glass air path and that it handles small loads well. Also that it does'nt heat the load more than needed.

Up until a couple to a few weeks ago I was a big arizer fan and thought I was pretty much good with my EQ and air 1 but recently started questioning the materials used and the air path on them. For instance air has four different types of plastic, including electrical tape, in the air path as well as rubber sitting just around the heating element which I’m uncool with. My MFLB is pretty good but does’nt really do solids and the concentrate tray does’nt look convincing as it seems like a big hassle handling a scorching hot bit of steel when out and about. I’d like to try the concentrate tray and the water pipe adapter but concidering the price of them I’m thinking of putting that money towards parts for a DIY desktop unit instead. I also have an Eagle Bill ’shake & vape’ which I’ve almost never used which at the moment is starting to look like my most interesting piece LOL I’m on a break at the moment but am looking forward to trying it on my glass top stove which I’ve just thought of doing. Too bad it does’nt have a flat bottom but has to be supported by something.

So I’m basically looking for a glass piece with a titanium heater or whatever closest to it I can get on a limited budget - de verdamper, herborizer, vriptech, flowerpot, sublimator and glass symphony are all pretty much what I’m aiming at. I’m concidering buying a cheaper second hand unit and using the internals to make an all borosilicate bubbler/bong but it’d still cost me almost as much as a second hand vedamper or herborizer so I may also just get a water pipe adapter, a gong downstem and a glass drill and make a bottle bong with a liquor bottle to get me by until I find one at a price that’s right for me.

I missed out on a 100€ herborizer sphere XL about a 1-2 weeks ago, about a week before I had the funds to spend on one ARGH!

You’re right about my being from Europe, and unfortunately in a place with no good vape/headshops.

I’m also thinking of acquiring cooking equipment due to my lung and respiratory issues but that’s a whole other post, and probably for another forum as well. I’m actually forced to prioritize eating and vape mainly as a means of quickly treating migraines, chronic pain and insomnia which I don’t want to have to wait up to two hours to alleviate.

I hope you, and the forum, don’t mind a long post lol.

Last edited:

LabPong

Mother.....as someone whom is highly sensitive in the lungs, throat, and mouth.....and I'm also highly taste and smell sensitive as well....... I will tell you to stay away from Titanium. Safe yes....but it can produce harsher vapor than SS and glass.

With your issues...you want glass....glass and more glass! Elev8r is awesome for this.

The heating source and oven area are what you need to be concerned most with. Metals are issues in this area with vapor quality.

Which vapes have you tried so far?

For US based glass....Id go with Grav Labs or TAG.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks @BabyFacedFinster

What’s a SS air path?

Stainless steel.

So when you mention that you vape "solids" does that mean that your vaping concentrates more than flower herb? If so, then that opens up a whole other area of options.

Another plug in vape to consider might be the Vapor Brothers desktop box vape. It is an older style vape but the heater is ceramic and the fittings are glass. It was my first vape and I chose it because it seemed like the safest, with the cleanest airpath at that time. Typically people use a medical grade silicone whip attached to the bowl, but I've also seen an all glass fitting.
https://www.vaporbrothers.com/shop/desktop-vaporizers

Now for concentrates, you can look at a quartz banger that can be heated with a torch or with an enail heater.
https://www.quartzbangers.com/
There are also quartz cups that are powered by 510 battery mods, such as the V4 by Divinetribe and quartz bucket options by Saionara (Sai). Your concentrates only contact the quartz, and the mouthpieces are a choice of either titanium, glass bubbler or stainless steel.
https://www.puffitup.com/category-s/256.htm
https://ineedhemp.com/product/divin...rucible-cup-rebuildable-concentrate-atomizer/

These are only a few of the options out there. There is also the Dynavap vap cap route which many people love. It does take some learning to master the technique, but you can get a titanium or SS tip and attach a titanium, SS, or all glass body. It's just that you need to either use a torch or buy an induction heater. This is a whole other rabbit hole to explore, but they have quite a following and many folks swear by their vapcaps which have a very simple airpath.
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/

+1 on these sellers for glass.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Whisper

Concerned Mother

@LabPong, I’ve used and am experienced with the ones mentioned above (MFLB, arizer air 1, arizer EQ) and also have very limited experience with the Eagle Bill shake n vape as it was the first one I bought but never really mastered before getting my MFLB and I never really gave the shake n vape another chance after moving on to the battery operated vapes. I’ll be buying a torch lighter soon and giving the SnV another try with it and the stove soon though. But enough rambling about the shake n vape.

I also had the chance to try the dutch water filtered vape de verdamper a few times and it pretty much blew me away and gave me a whole new appreciation for vaping. It’s an all glass bottle waterpipe/bong style unit with a coiled metal wire heating element. I’ve dreamt of owning one ever since but always concidered it too expensive to purchase. But now I’ve become sick of manufacturers using questionable materials, along with my usual paranoia of what I inhale (air purity, herb & vapour puriy consiousness etc) so I am aiming for purity, hopefully along with a fantastic experience like the one provided by the verdamper. That means that I’m staying clear of all types of plastic and trying to avoid silicone as well. Although I do feel that I should read up about silicone as I don’t want to dismiss the verdamper without researching the matter.

I don’t concider myself as taste or smell sensitive but rather sensitive to, and paranoid of inhaling pollutants (and anything else which poses a health risk/gasses/temperatures/etc). Very hot vapor like the one provided by the MFLBs short vapor path can’t be good either. I’m concidering getting longer glass tubes for MFLB mouth pieces from about 15 cm (6”?) to double that length. It would be great to not get the scratchy throat when using the MFLB as well.

So I would’nt mind putting up with a harsher vapor if it means that it’s safer. The resson to, and whole point of aquiring a new vaporizer is safety. Hopefully one with the most inert materials available that I can feel confident in that I’ve minimized health risks in getting and using. Besides, would’nt the water filtration make it less harsh? Or would it have a limited effect?

Yes, I’m pretty much set on glass as I’m looking for the safest, most inert materials I can get. I’m currently not looking at any other materials than bosilicate or titanium, at least from the bowl until the vapor path is cooled down in water, at which point I would feel OK with any glass bubbler, at least until I can aquier a borosilocate or titanium (if they exist?) one.

@BabyFacedFinster ”Solids” means uncompressed resins for the most part, and at times also compressed/kneaded. Most vaporizers are marketed as being herbal ones or for herbs & concentrates. Very few seem to be engineered with solids in mind. (Waxy, oily) concentrates are pretty much unavailable around here. Which is a shame as I’d need, and would like to inhale as little matter/vapor as possible.

I’m trying to stay clear of silicone (but maybe out of ignorance?) so I’ve pretty much decided to not get a whip vape even though I really enjoy using one. I need to research quartz as well.

It’s late here and I need to hit the sack so I’ll look into your recommendations tomorrow. I was actually just about to go to bed when I started to reply and feel like I’ve spent too long doing so already. Thanks guys (girls?).

Last edited:

AcidFlashbang

Might as well order from DHGate and save some money if you're getting chinese glass anyway.

I’m trying to stay clear of silicone (but maybe out of ignorance?) so I’ve pretty much decided to not get a whip vape even though I really enjoy using one. I need to research quartz as well.
Quartz glass is basically pure silicon dioxide so it has a higher melting point. Thats really the only difference between it and borosilicate glass for our purposes.

AcidFlashbang,

Alexis

Hello forum, first time poster here. I’m happy to finally be apart of the forum as I seem to keep ending up lurking the forums when researching vaping issues :)

I have a lung disease and other respiratory issues so I’m kind of paranoid about materials and currently looking for the very purest vape I can get ahold of which I figure is a borosilicate/titanium one. Unfortunately I have’nt found one that fits my idea of what I’m looking for as well as my budget.

So I’m looking for borosilicate lab glass to construct a fitting glass piece out of. The heating element will be a later issue and I will probably construct a DIY one if I can’t find (a second hand) one at a good price. I figure that I may have to go with a non-titanium (ceramic?) heating element, at least until I find an affordable titanium one, and am ready to go with a glass piece made out of a bottle with a drilled hole for the downstem if everything else fails. But if that’s the case so be it. It still beats the plastic vaporizers I currently use. I’ll just have to save up a couple of hundred € for a proper one I guess.

However the quality lab glass I’ve found is way expensive, and the cheaper chinese pieces from dhgate, wish etc seem to be of questionable purity. So now I’m asking for help in finding a store which offer low priced quality lab glass. Individual glass pieces would be interesting as well. Borosilicate gong (18 & 14) downstems available at a good price as well. I’m looking to construct something like a herborizer or a de verdamper.

If someone can point me in the direction of a glass(/titanium) vaporizer for sale at a fair price it’d be much appreciated.

Any input would be appreciated really.
From an absolute purist view , looi into the Vriptech Heat Wand. Pure glass Airpath and optional glass screen for the bowl.

The inventor of the VHW is deadly possionate about the most healthy and medicinal broad range paper possible, and he spent years designing his device with this specifically in mind..

You will find Mark has always been seriously adamant about the "neutral polarity" of the all glass herb and heating chamber and vapor path.

I have wated this vaporizer myself for years and I hope to make it happen.

On paper at least it would appear to be be something for you to consider best of luck girl I hope you find what you were looking for

Alexis,

Concerned Mother

@BabyFacedFinster and @LabPong , I’m sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I’ve been super busy cleaning out a house which had to be done before the new year, and also with new years celebrations. I still have’nt had a chance to look into all of your recommendations either, but I did manage to come across a used volcano classic at a good price (about 115€ shipping included) and am currently waiting for it to arrive. I’m still looking for one that lives up to my wants as far materials go though. The volcano uses aluminum heating element and the bags it uses are plastic so I might just sell it to someone else once i find my grail vaporizer.

@AcidFlashbang Thanks for explaining what quartz is and what difference it has to us vaporizer users. Are you saying that glav labs and tag are made out of chinese material/glass?

Do you know of any producers of bowls and downstems (with standard fittings) that use high quality boro glass or even quartz?

@Alexis Thanks for letting me know. I’ve actually been looking at the vriptech and noted the materials used. Unfortunately the price is super expensive and out of my price range. I have’nt been able to find a second hand VHW either, let alone one at an affordable price. The ghost MV1 caught my interest for a portable a few days ago but I had to rule it out due to it’s high price as well. But I value the information about the vriptech makers high standards in making a health concious vaporizer. I’ll keep it in mind. Thank you.

I’ve been meaning to make a post detailing what I’m looking for in a vape, and probably should finish looking into a couple of different models first, but I’ll be back with such a post soon.

I almost forgot, what are your thoughts on the AroMed 4.0?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexis

I almost forgot, what are your thoughts on the AroMed 4.0?

Had it. Outdated, weak, too many flaws. It did produce some very pure and tasty and highly medicinal vapour but it was damn hard work to get sufficiently medicated from in my experience and and had so many impractical and awkward features to it just never enjoyed using it at all and it simply cannot compete with any of them modern super extractors.

I would forget the Aromed it's also a very expensive vaporizer what is compared to other models you could get nowadays.

The MV1, video of course being a portable is it a million times better at the moment in my opinion and I would much rather have that it's also cheaper and not as possibly as I think you deem it to be.

But keep thinking and brainstorming my friend and I'm looking very forward to your further thoughts and and considerations.

Alexis,

AcidFlashbang

Are you saying that glav labs and tag are made out of chinese material/glass?

Do you know of any producers of bowls and downstems (with standard fittings) that use high quality boro glass or even quartz?
Yes Grav and TAG are imported. I cant name any vendors off the top of my head

AcidFlashbang,

Alexis

Don't forget Hisi guys. They make some really appealing and enticing looking pieces I fell in love with one particular triple chain good one 1 several years ago which the very experienced member @IAmKrazy2 used to perform an excellent demonstration of the hitting potential of the supreme 3 vaporizer.

Honestly that little video demo remains to be one of my favourite ever video vaporizer demo clips despite the pure unashamedly shoddiness and unprofessionalism of it lol, Krazy ;)

In fact, can I link it? I think our good bro had an accident since and broke the piece somehow.
But check out this Hisi triple chamber guys I hope I'm not alone in really wanting one 4 glamorous and show-stopping monster hits.

It's a great little video to watch as well, off the cuff, real, quick, and a perfect demonstration of the vaporizer which is so fun to watch IMO.

Alexis,

AcidFlashbang

HiSi is expensive af and I couldn't even find the type of glass used on their website. I used to own their triple geyser bong

AcidFlashbang,

AK47 AMI

Hi All, just would like some advice if poss please? Had a herbstick eco and was terrible due to plastic parts etc, so I don't want a similar Chinese vape, no offence intended at all! Looking for a decent high quality component portable convection (if would be better than conduction etc?) vape I can enjoy? With medical issues in mind too please so health conscious , Any ideas please or info? based in UK, Thank you

AK47 AMI,

Kins

I was interested in HiSi at one point. They have bad/terrible customer service though. I've written emails to them asking questions and they never get back to me. Their glass is super expensive but not too thick. I've read some of the bongs have the trouble of falling over.....Plus a lot of their pieces have a little tiny plastic piece that goes with the bong, for supposedly easier draining which I think is pretty dumb when you can just pour out the water. Who wants to spend $400 on piece that comes with a tiny cheap piece of plastic that covers up a hole in the bong?

Kins,
Reactions: arb

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Hoping this is a good spot for this I'm looking for 4mm glass rods I dont need a ton of it like a lb would be over kill. I see they have some on amazon but its shipping time is a bit more than I'd like.

iDRINKBLEACH,

unsorted

Hoping this is a good spot for this I'm looking for 4mm glass rods I dont need a ton of it like a lb would be over kill. I see they have some on amazon but its shipping time is a bit more than I'd like.

Kins

Yes Grav and TAG are imported. I cant name any vendors off the top of my head

I know TAG is as they admit it on there website. Grav is another story, maybe even something made up by competitors. Otherwise post a link to Grav website where they say it's "imported".

Kins,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
check out the DIY Elev8r thread in the DIY forum. I went for butane torch heating of a borosilicate glass + quartz heater piece+glass bowl. An electric coil is another option for that. You should buy a bubbler though.

Also, about the epicvape e-nano: I don't know where you saw that there is aluminium in the air path- i doubt that.
The ceramic heater is enclosed in a stainless steel tube and there is absolutely no metal in contact with the herb if you opt for the stem with the glass screen.

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

AK47 AMI

@Concerned Mother can I ask what vape you went for in the end as I have asthma/COPD issues and are struggling to take massive drags?

Hi All, Could do with getting something to make TM easier to use, would a j hook or a bubbler/bong help at all, if so please post links etc and I'll research and buy!

Much appreciated for any help thanks

AK47 AMI,

Concerned Mother

I have bough a volcano classic but concerns regarding the plastic and silicone materials still have me looking for the perfect vaporizer for me.

I have been looking at the herborizer with small chamber water pipe as well as the hook style glass. I still need to research the health risks of the materials that the heaters are made of.

I’ve bought a silver surfer which I have just recieved and cleaned and now left to quarantine dut to covid concerns. So I have’nt tried it yet. If I’m to be fully at peace with the silver surfer I would have to have the all glass pathway glass wand bit it seems thet they, like most elev8 products, are’nt available in the EU unless you’re willing for shipping and custom fees for having it shipped from the US. I know of a french retailer that has the old model but that one has a bend in it that makes it awkward to use according to the elev8 webshop.

I am also looking at the vapocane with the vapocane handset. It’s an all glass j-hook and glass tube attachment style heater attachment. It’s made to be heated with a torch lighter or gas burner but I don’t want to inhale the byproducts of the gas combustion, the gas thet leaks during lighter refill or the gas that commonly spills on ones hand so I am looking to heat the heating element on my stove before moving it to the handset with a pair of heat resistant gloves.

The elev8r from elev8 is similar and supposedly better according to social media posts, but again elev8 products have poor distribution in the EU.

I also really, relly like the vaponic heated on my stoce but it has a small bit of silicone in it so I am looking for alternatives whilst planning to keep one or two around as I really like that they’re just that good. It would possibly be my first choice if there was an alternative bit made out of ecological wood or cork that one could purchase that would replace tge silicone one. I am concidering making one myself.

I also really like the Eagle Bill shake n vape heated on the stove. Whilst the vaponic and vapocane is convection heating the shake n vape is conduction. It too is made out of glass and one has a couple of metal screens which are’nt close to the heating source on the stove or heated by a jet lighter. It’s a pretty crappy vape as is due to a big whole in the top where the vapor escapes but a great one if the hole is closed off with a cork. It’s very easy on the lungs as you let it fill up with vapor before tilting the cork to let air in and taking a minimal drag to pull the vapor down before filling tour lungs with air. With other vaporizers you generally need to take a long, slow drag that is tough on ones throat, and possibly lungs as well but it’s not needed with this one using this method.

I’m concidering getting some sort of water filtration as well as moistened vapor is much less irritating to inhale. Something without a big lung busting chamber. Just a small chamber which lets one finely control ones drags and take as small tokes as one would like is what I’m looking for.

I am not aware of an ideal vaporizer even though the vaponic coupled with the listvapes seems to be the one that comes the closest. It’s too bad that it looks fragile as well as really suspect to whoever sees you. Hopefully it gets a redesign or someone makes something similar but different. I might look into making something like it for myself.

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,
Reactions: DRCousCous
Top Bottom