1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Kratom Strain for Pain?

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by SunnyHours, Apr 5, 2014.

1. SunnyHours

SunnyHours Well-Known Member

Hi everyone !

Well, I recently hurt my neck (read: it's worse than ever). And I'm not sure what to do. So I decided to re-investigate Kratom, for pain-relief this time.

I ordered an Oz of Maeng-Da, which I experimented with, 4 years ago. And an Oz of "Super" Borneo Red Vein.
    I got to thinking that we as Cannabis users care a lot about strain, since we know the effects can vary a lot strain by strain.

So my question to people who use(d) Kratom, which strains have you found most effective for pain?
  2. fernand

fernand Well-Known Member

Depends on a huge number of factors including what part of body is in pain. For me a Sour Diesel works on nerves from the Lumbar (lower) spine, not higher up. A related strain I just found, they call Chiesel, seems to cover mid level spine as well.
  3. SunnyHours

SunnyHours Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm in Canada and there's no such thing as a dispensary :(
    All I have to depend on is what I grow. And I'm almost out, and since I'm moving soon can't start a new batch which sucks. Especially since I have so many strains to try still :p
  4. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I'm partial to Red Vein, but haven't taken any for a while due to having surgery, etc. I have both Red Vein and OG Bali right now stored away for future use.
  5. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I'm starting to take Kratom for pain again. I checked my stock, and I have OG Bali and White Vein. I need to cap more because I only have OG Bali capped right now. I took a couple last night, and it really helped my pain a lot. My only beef with Kratom is it seems to act like a stimulant with me. That can be a problem if you need a good night's sleep.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors