1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

KISS Globe

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by stroonz, Aug 18, 2014.

1. stroonz

stroonz Lewd Member

I just tried out my new KISS Globe and all I have to say is 'Wow' ! It definitely
    brings vaporization to a new level. At least it does for me. And, it's a real bargain, especially so that it includes an extra cartridge. My question is when it's time to replace the cartridge is there any specific way to remove the used cartridge from the globe without breaking the glass ? Seems like a really tight fit.

Caligula likes this.
  2. nao12000

nao12000 W9 Tech Rep Company Rep

Please carefully remove glass first then you can safely remove the inside piece that screws into base !

Caligula likes this.
  3. stroonz

stroonz Lewd Member

Removing the glass from the base is the thing. It's tightly sealed against the base's two o-rings, it's hard to get a grip on the base. Seems like the best thing to do might be to clean it without attempting removal, which would take away the opportunity to scrape.

4. exit

exit Almost dead

my method has been to attach it to a device and pull up from the bottom to put minimal pressure on the glass dome, but i do not like it. i feel like i will crush the glass in my fingers.

5. stroonz

stroonz Lewd Member

A device? Something like a vise ?
    How about removing cartridge from top with pliers and then using an object to push down on the top of the base. There's still that concern of the glass breaking between your fingers . And even using the pliers seems like damage waiting to happen.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  6. nao12000

nao12000 W9 Tech Rep Company Rep

Any thoughts on this @THC SCIENTIFIC
    I have had no issues pulling the glass from the two orings.perhaps when it's warm test removing the glass ..

Only way is to remove glass because u have to unscrew that coil from main base .

7. stroonz

stroonz Lewd Member

nao12000, how exactly do you remove the glass?
    I've looked around the forum and it seems that people are taking the glass on&off w/o complaints of difficulty. I might be making more of this than it is. I haven't yet attempted removal,would have liked to hear more users' techniques. I'll give it a shot.
    But I see that w9 sells replacement glass globes. Does this mean they are breaking?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  8. stroonz

stroonz Lewd Member

OK, got it. I kept the whole Globe assembly screwed into the pen and I carefully pulled off the glass. I had thought of keeping it attached to the pen before I started posting here, but I felt that might damage the threadings. I guess I fear too much. Actually, the glass slipped off very smoothly. Being able to do this also makes loading the cartridge easier. I am enlightened. Has this been an episode of Much Ado About Nothing ?

nao12000 likes this.
  9. joekar

joekar Well-Known Member

I use Chapstick on the orings so the glass and mouth piece slips on and off easily....not much....just a little dab, smear it around with my finger and then wipe of the excess ..

stroonz likes this.
  10. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

It also helps to twist the glass while pulling up. Just make sure to twist clockwise so you don't unthread the cart from your battery.

stroonz, nao12000 and Severmore like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors