Just received D020-d, is the crack on the glass bad?

Exanas

Hi everyone! I just received my first glass that I've ever ordered. I bought the D020-d from sunshine store. Once Chinese new years was over, it shipped on Feb 5 and I received it today on the 13th (in Ontario, Canada).

It was packaged in 3 layers of bubble wrap. However, I noticed there's a crack on the top of the piece, near the top. Is it still safe to use, or will the crack expand or something?

I got a coupon for $5 off my next purchase, too!

Pics (out of order):
http://imgur.com/a/SjzlE

Oh... and I accidentally dropped the bowl while opening the piece, it was still in a layer of bubble wrap but I broke the handle lol. Lesson learned.

---

So yeah, all in all it looks great for the price! But should I contact the seller about that crack on the top? Will the crack expand as I use it, or is there anything else I have to worry about with it?

Exanas,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I would dispute on DHgate. Send them those pictures and I bet they'll replace it as long as you break the current one you have and provide proof that you did so

muunch,
Reactions: Exanas

Exanas

I would dispute on DHgate. Send them those pictures and I bet they'll replace it as long as you break the current one you have and provide proof that you did so

Okay, I opened a dispute and uploaded a couple of the pictures to DHGate. I'll see what they have to say.

I'm a little disappointed, but oh well. It looks like they tried to keep it safe, I'm not sure what else they could've even done.

Exanas,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
who knows if it happened in manufacturing or during shipping. it's an inconvenience and probably safe to use for now but it looks like it'd just get worse and you could end up with tiny glass particulate in the can/potentially inhaled so better safe than sorry

muunch,

Exanas

They messaged me on DHGate, and said that a worker blew the glass too fast and created a bubble slide. But that that isn't a crack, it's just a bubble slide.

I'm assuming that's okay then?

Exanas,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Looks like a crack to me but I think only you can make that call. You have the power still because I believe you need to "finalize" the order on dhgate or whatever.

muunch,

herbivore21

They messaged me on DHGate, and said that a worker blew the glass too fast and created a bubble slide. But that that isn't a crack, it's just a bubble slide.

I'm assuming that's okay then?
Man I wouldn't accept that. They've admitted rushed/sloppy work, get a replacement and explain that you are not willing to take risks with glass that is made for inhaling out of. From the picture, it seems like devitrification/flaws in the fusion of the glass where the GonG joint meets the top of the rig. This is a part of the rig that will regularly be stressed physically with things being connected and disconnected. These things could be very hot if you are dabbing for example.

I would not use such a rig. The damage is at the top of the can of the piece which means that it is above the water level. Given that the mouthpiece tube also sits above the water level, the path of least resistance for a loose piece of glass up their where the crack/imperfection is would be straight through the mouthpiece tube and into the user, do not pass water, do not collect... you get the picture. :2c:

Top Bottom