Job Drug Test and the Summer!

RBKJ

Been thinking about getting a job since my college schedule is going to be opening up for the coming fall.

I just wanted to weigh in on the opinions of the board members here on how long they think based on my provided history it'll take for me to clear my system. Since the possible job options will more than likely require a drug test I just want to make sure I take every precaution to pass.

It is after all summer! I intend to live it up before the next year so I still want to be able to vape for as long as I can without compromising a drug test. I've been using about 1/3 a gram or even less, for most of every night for the past 1 month and half. Its safe to say 6 out of 7 days I use about 1/3 a gram, the 1 out of 7 being the night I don't use any at all.

I've been using some good quality stuff, not the most amazing I'm sure, but good quality nonetheless. I've been reading a lot of conflicting information on the internet regarding how long it takes for the body to clear our the system. The consensus at first seemed to be 30 days to be sure your clean before a urine test, but after further research I found this info to be problematic, I drew my consensus from a combination of sites ranging from places that tried to market a product to just forum topics asking the same thing. I stumbled on another site that tried to "demystify" the 30 day consensus. According to that site the reason why the 30 day rule seems to set in stone is because sites like the ones that try to sell you detox kits try to make it sound as long as possible in order to increase their bottom line. It also said government sites such as military recruitment sites and simply government funded stuff try to spew out the biggest number possible as well to instill fear within people who for example intend to join the military. I wish I could find the link, but it was something I just stumbled upon earlier and cant seem to find it anymore. I've also seen some research that had found that "chronic" users are actually only likely to test positive on urine test for up to 2 weeks after they stop. Anything after that becomes undetectable.

If you check out wikipedia and look up drug test then look under the section regarding myths about drug test. The 30 day rule is listed under as a myth, and the provided evidence is in this link (this was the citation) Link: http://www.ndci.org/sites/default/files/ndci/THC_Detection_Window_0.pdf .

There is a lot of conflicting information, but the PDF evidence provided by wikipedia seems very legitimate to me. While I use a little every night I believe I don't use as much as some others who would be considered "chronic" do, though I'm sure I could be wrong.

I guess I'm really just asking for everyone's opinion? How much time should I give myself to clean out my system at the minimum? Based on the PDF I would say 3 weeks. I plan to work out everyday and drink plenty of water starting now just for the hell of it. Besides I could use the workout.

I'm 5'9 and 165 lbs

Also, though I'm not sure if this would even make a difference, but my consumption pattern is more stretched out over a period of time than all at once. When I said 1/3 a gram a night I mean that's how much I go through in one day. I never ever truly get super high, most times, though I have on occasion just because I felt like it. Those urges are rare though because I'm happier to just feel that slight feeling all day then all at once. I'm not sure how the process of breaking down THC into metabolites before being urinated out works so I'm not sure if this information will change anything. If it does though in a positive aspect then all the better.

RBKJ,

SmokingElectricity

unless they are going to do blood work or take a hair sample, why bother quitting? i've used this many times in many different situations and it has never failed me.

http://www.ezklean.com/urine-synthetic.htm

EDIT: but to somewhat add to the story when i was blazin once a week, it was out of my urine within 3-5 days. when i was blazin heavy, it would be out of my urine no later than 2 weeks. this is on top of drinking plenty water, eating healthy and exercising daily. the lifestyle is the key. if you have a poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle, this is when chemicals can stay in your body longer than normal. [30+ days etc.]

if you truly want to quit to undergo a urine analysis, i would quit 21 days if you are a light user, 30 days if you are a heavy user on top of a positive healthy lifestyle. if not then use the product in the link.

SmokingElectricity,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
that's what I plan to do...I was surprised to read that the stoner community has this pretty much down now

i'm glad i read up on it,

it's sad that even though it's legal where i live to get it for my chronic pain, but I can not tell any employer about it, or disclose to anyone that i work with.

When Prop 19 was being debated, I tried to tell my boss about it and we're pretty close, but he said, "what the hell are you talking about?" as if to say, keep it to yourself, homey.

Sad state that we live in - can't tell the truth for fear of stepping on someone else's, and no way to get the media to tell the truth because it would alienate their interests

so we have institutionalized lying

sorry, good luck if you wait it out, OP

VWFringe,

lepstadder

EDIT: but to somewhat add to the story when i was blazin once a week, it was out of my urine within 3-5 days. when i was blazin heavy, it would be out of my urine no later than 2 weeks.

I found this to be exactly the same for me

And that was without drinking extra water or anything

lepstadder,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Ugh this has been my life for the last 3 weeks. My school sent out an email on May 2nd (right at the start of finals none-the-less) to tell us that we have a to complete a mandatory drug test by May 31st. I have mine scheduled this week and have tried my hardest to exercise, drink plenty of fluids, and eat right for the past month. My mom is a drug counselor so I have free access to home drug urine tests. I tested my urine last week (It was my first piss of the day, and from the beginning of the stream to sample my most concentrated urine) and it displayed two lines (indicating a passing test), but one line was pretty faint. I'm assuming this means that there was a detectable level of cannabinoid metabolites, but less than 50ng.

This obligatory T-break hasn't been fun :( I'll let you know my experiences by this Friday. Oh BTW I'm 5'8" and 174lbs. I had been vaping almost every day before May 1st, and on May 1st I combusted a bowl. We'll see how it goes!

The one positive outcome of all this? I get to achieve rookie-baked status again! I'm looking forward to getting blitzkrieged for one night :D

MajorDoobage,

RBKJ

MajorDoobage said:
Ugh this has been my life for the last 3 weeks. My school sent out an email on May 2nd (right at the start of finals none-the-less) to tell us that we have a to complete a mandatory drug test by May 31st. I have mine scheduled this week and have tried my hardest to exercise, drink plenty of fluids, and eat right for the past month. My mom is a drug counselor so I have free access to home drug urine tests. I tested my urine last week (It was my first piss of the day, and from the beginning of the stream to sample my most concentrated urine) and it displayed two lines (indicating a passing test), but one line was pretty faint. I'm assuming this means that there was a detectable level of cannabinoid metabolites, but less than 50ng.

This obligatory T-break hasn't been fun :( I'll let you know my experiences by this Friday. Oh BTW I'm 5'8" and 174lbs. I had been vaping almost every day before May 1st, and on May 1st I combusted a bowl. We'll see how it goes!

The one positive outcome of all this? I get to achieve rookie-baked status again! I'm looking forward to getting blitzkrieged for one night :D

Its nice to see that the 3 week thing might just be true. What I think it boils down to though is the amount of water you intake and the amount of exercise you do, after all higher metabolism = faster breakdown and less storage.

How have the past 3 weeks been for you? How about the 1st week? I've read tons of proof showing that there is no physical addiction to THC, but people overtime can develop a mental habit just because of regular use. I have stopped cold turkey before and it wasn't hard at all, I didn't even give it a second thought, but that was a time when I didn't have my own vape and I was using every other day and sometimes not at all. This time around its going to be different I've been using regularly everyday for the past 1-2 months so I'm sure I've gotten pretty use to it being around.

I don't expect much trouble besides missing the feeling I mean who wouldn't? So far for the summer I've decided to cut down use from all day whenever I can to only at night and only a little bit, just to help me mellow out for the night. Before the summer ends this moderation will hopefully make it a little easier.

RBKJ,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Here's a direct quote from The Pot Book:

"Cannabis withdrawal syndrome may include a variety of symptoms such as increased deficits in cognitive performance, anxiety, restlessness, depression, irritability, disrupted sleep, and decreased food intake (Kouri, Pope, and Lukas 1999; Haney et al. 2003, 2004)"

Like you I stopped cold turkey once the email was sent out. I haven't noticed any withdrawal symptoms, but then again I wasn't a heavy user, plus exercise really counteracts most of those symptoms.

There's a lot of misinformation out there in regards to cannabis and dependency. The truth is that THC has been shown to cause a direct release of dopamine, which is the neurotransmitter associated with the "reward pathway." Now there's complex neurochemistry involved with each drug and how they interact with specific parts of the brain, so it's disingenuous to group all dopamine-stimulating drugs in one category because they vary in dependency-forming risk (i.e. the potential for dependency with cocaine & heroin >>>> cannabis). But the fact remains that THC does stimulate the reward pathway, therefore may lead to addiction. Here's the concluding paragraph from "Chapter 14: How Real Is The Risk Of Addiction" in The Pot Book:

"In summary, it appears clear that a subset of marijuana users meet the criteria required for a diagnosis of drug dependence (addiction) as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association. While heavy use of the drug does not necessarily indicate an addiction to marijuana, those who are addicted to marijuana likely use it on a daily or near-daily basis and report experiencing a range of emotional, social, and physiological problems that they feel are caused by their marijuana use.

These effects appear to be more prominent among those who seek treatment for problems associated with their marijuana use. Treatment seeking among marijuana users has increased considerably in recent years, and those who do seek treatment are no more likely than users of other drugs to be successful in quitting. More people meet criteria for addiction to marijuana than any other illicit drug, largely due to the fact that it is the most widely used illicit drug. Finally, there is a strong association between use of marijuana and later problematic use of other illicit drugs like cocaine and heroin, yet whether marijuana has a causal role in that relationship has not been established."

I highly recommend reading that book. It's very informative with all current information from MDs and PhDs in various fields related to cannabis.

Oh and momatik, those links are money!

MajorDoobage,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Simple honest reply (and I'm telling more of my work history than I care to). I've analysed serum, urine, fecal, vaginal and salival samples on HPLC, urine, fecal and serum samples on GC. I've used UV, Florescence, and post column derivatization on HPLC and TID on GC.

As a lab tech, I am concerned with pH, temperature, specific gravity. If I was bored, I might check for red blood cells, protein or some other markers.

I would not feel safe getting drug tested until say 10 weeks had passed. And I would feel confident in detecting MJ in my system for 10 weeks (currently using 0.3 g/day).

Tom

tdavie,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Well here's my results from today's home urine test:
THC%252520test.jpg

The fact that the bottom line is weakly visible makes me nervous. I would feel much more comfortable if the line was as dark as the other columns. This was right after a 30 minute run, and my urine was pretty concentrated. Oh well, starting the flush later tonight. I'll let you know how it goes RBKJ.

MajorDoobage,

SmokingElectricity

JohnEarlMadden said:
SmokingElectricity said:
unless they are going to do blood work or take a hair sample, why bother quitting? i've used this many times in many different situations and it has never failed me.

http://www.ezklean.com/urine-synthetic.htm

I was looking at that site, and it also sells homeopathic foot detox pads. I'm not sure I can take that site very seriously.

ok

th_hrzfab.gif

SmokingElectricity,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I think after 3 weeks of clean living, as well as some extra hydration test day (no need to give them first stream) you'll be pissing sweet pure spring water. That's my experience. I've passed with only a few hours notice, just drinking a fuckload of water and trying to piss clean, b12 for coloring. Hey, it worked , but maybe they weren't testing that hard.

I think hydration pre-test is key for your run-of-the-mill piss test, and of course, abstinence for as long as reality allows. For the asshole testers that want to find it, likely 6 months of drought isn't sufficient.

Empherio,

RBKJ

Thank to everyone for the numerous amount of replies and insight its nice to see a variety of perspectives.

I know on the original post I had planned to live up the summer vaporizing, but on a whim the other day I just stopped cold turkey. Its going to be the third day now, no withdrawal so far no nothing I feel fine. Sure I think about taking out the PD and getting it going, I love my PD, but it takes next to nothing to just have a little self control. I've been reading a lot about withdrawal based on my own research and the links provided by posters on this thread and its interesting to see the lengths people go to to hinder "Withdrawal" and here I am feeling nothing. Perhaps 0.3 grams per night isn't enough to create a dependance? I'm not sure? I will admit though for the past month and half before I stopped I had been using good ole THC to get to sleep because its just so damn easy when I'm up there.

The decision to stop cold turkey was also a result of testing myself. After reading replies about the perceived "reality" of withdrawal I was afraid that maybe my time had come and I had fallen to far. It actually scared me to think that I had unintentionally created a dependance for myself, something that I had decided to never let happen, after all good things should be in moderation less we forget ourselves.

Thankfully there has been no feelings of withdrawal. Now I just have to much time on my hands! Its amazing how much time I could burn vaporizing, now I just have to much of it.

Sleeping hasn't been to hard either. The first night was a little restless mostly because I didn't do much that day to burn away energy. Now instead of vaporizing myself to bed I just boil a hot cup of chamomile tea and let nature take its course simple as that.

So is "withdrawal" real? I'm definitely sure it is for the right people, but the more I think about it, it seems more like a psychological thing then a physical craving. Perhaps the withdrawal for people is just the need to come to terms with ones self.

Nevertheless I plan to take this time to just clear out my system for a month or two, get a job.

Then when I'm settled in to the next phase of my life.

Return to the fold.

RBKJ,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
ive never experienced withdrawal & ive taken probably 1 year off for the longest break. i just started vaping exclusively and was smoking during my huge breaks. now i go through about 1 mflb trench a night (lasts for like 3 hrs) but i never get too blown out either.

i know everyone is different, but when i did have cravings, i just never gave in...cravings werent so bad either. it was more like, man i would like to smoke before i watch this movie (or something like that) so im not sure how much was attributed to actually "smoking" rather than just experiencing the movie a different way or whatever.

the thing that kind of kept me stable was i would just tell myself, "ganja has been around for thousands of years, and will always be available whenever i do decide to smoke again in the future, so im really just saying 'fuck it' for right now & not my whole life or something". that just kind of reminded me to be patient & i would get to experience whatever i wanted to eventually...just it would have to be later instead of right now. it also kind of shows you that all it takes is patience until when you will get to use it worry-free again soon.

i dunno, it works for me...and everyone is different. im glad that i can easily separate myself from it if i truly need to...but i guess if i couldnt, then i wouldnt mess with it in the first place. i will admit though, it does feel good to be able to do whatever you want though when that time finally comes around again...maybe the breaks make you appreciate those moments more.

@ majordoobage: & thats crazy how your school tested you!

akwardsauce,
Top Bottom