I've had enough of combustion. My lungs hurt - time for a vape!

CammyG

Hey guys i'm brand new to the forum. Gotta say I love it so far!
So recently when I've been smoking, my lungs and upper have hurt very much, and I have been looking into vape's for quite a while now, and I've fell in love. I'm getting one as soon as I have the money! So what vape would you guys recommend to a first time user? Bear in mind that portability is key! I have looked at a lot of the vape's that are available on the portable market, and am thinking the MFLB is gonna be the one for me, but I'd like to hear what vape's you all got when you started, and your experiences with them along with any hints or tips for my vaping endeavors.

Cheers!

CammyG,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
For portability and a good first vape, I would recommend the MFLB, Thermovape T1, Thermovape Evolution, or if you don't mind butane gas, a Lotus.

I have personally only owned the MFLB out of the ones that I listed but I have read stellar things and have gone through the threads for the other vapes. The MFLB is GREAT! but make sure that you get the Power Adapter for when you don't need portable because the batteries will wear out on you and reduce performance. But in terms of stealth, portability, and everything else, the MFLB is top notch!

Elluzion,

skyline

Hey CammyG welcome to FC! As Elluzion said, the MFLB is an awesome first vape and was what converted me not only to vaping, but to becoming a regular cannabis user as well. It's portable, relatively inexpensive, and very stealthy. I'ved often used it and immediately after taking a hit, someone would come in and they wouldn't have any idea what I had been doing moments ago.

The only thing is that there is a learning curve to using it, so be sure to follow all the tips that Magic-Flight includes in their instructions and check out the MFLB thread here at FC for other techniques and advice to ensure you get the most enjoyable experience.

skyline,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
CammyG, i find the MFLB is not enough for my needs, at least not always. (i am reducing my tolerance. ;))

I suggest you complement it with a nice desktop vape for some lung busting hits, i am currently in love with my WW, which is a log vaporizer. Or get a PA, which i don't have so i can't compare. Either way, i would get more than the MFLB.

I know why portability is key, if you are like me, you are used to roll a J everywhere anytime. But the main strenghth of the MFLB is its super stealth ability and quick heat and hit time..

vorrange,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Welcome!

As for portability, I agree the MFLB is a dandy. So is the Iolite, and Vaporgenie is cool because you use it just like a pipe but you heat a source close to the herb versus the herb itself. There's the Arizer Solo, which is a very popular portable, but it's among the pricier portables. The Pax is making quite a stir on this forum, but it's just released and pricey as well. And the DaVinci, etc...

Thoroughly review all portable vaporizers, as they each have strengths and weaknesses depending on how you plan to use it. Don't drop your $$ before thorough review. This forum is essential in that regard, as far as I'm concerned. Also, check out the FC partner retailers, all of them are great.

Happy vaping!

Vapinghole,

_v_

I have used both the vaporgenie and wispr and I would not the vaporgenie because I needed to use more herb for a good high. The wispr was good, but the butane runs out fairly quickly. I am excited to be getting the pax later today. It is extremely portable and it is charged instead of run on butane.

_v_,

CammyG

Thanks a lot for all the replies! Makes me feel loved :p I think I'm gonna get the MFLB, then upgrade to a PAX later. I have been looking at the cheaper versions (copies) of the MFLB, as I would like to save as much money as possible, although would not like to cheap out and end up with a shitty copy that's gonna break. The Dragon Lite is supposedly just as good as the MFLB, though cheaper. A mixture of this piece and 2700mAh batteries makes for a killer vape, according to a review I read. So the question is: cheap out and take a risk OR save up a bit more moolah for the MFLB. I know what everyone's gonna say :p So, I can't wait to get my MFLB!

@vorrange If the MFLB is not enough for your needs, surely you can just take more hits?

@skyline Awesome, that's just what I wanted to hear! :p

@Elluzion Duly noted! Thanks a lot :p

@Vapinghole Thanks for the tips. The PAX does look extremely sleek and stylish and is definitely making a great impression

@_v_ Lucky you, wish I was getting the PAX today :/ Thanks for the tips man, I really like how the wispr looks and would love to give it a go! :D

CammyG,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Welcome.

Glad to see more people are getting out of the combustion game and on to vaping. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Pax to you but it is indeed a bit pricey. You can find a Solo on amazon for $150-160 and people seem to love the newer M107 models.

tranceporter,
Top Bottom