I've been suffering from constant throat infections...

TwisteD

Hello guys I just found this forum and it seems that this is the best place to post.

I'm 21, started smoking occasionally when I was 15, started daily around 17-18. I usually smoke from my shitty one hitter (similar to this one), joints on weekends (Not a lot of blunts).

The thing is, I've had many throat infections over the years and I know the smoke isn't helping, last week I was pretty sick, haven't smoked since March 17 (Sunday) when the first symptoms arrived and well, I think it's time to say FUCK COMBUSTION. I don't want to smoke again (for at least a few months, to see if the infection comes back), meanwhile... I'm eating firecrackers and drinking weed milk.

I'm also considering buying a MFLB, I need something portable, stealth, easy on my throat, small (to get high in public places, my one hitter was amazing at this).

Do you guys think vaporizing with the MFLB will be good for me? Considering I'll stop smoking because, HEALTH FIRST, I really hate not being able to go to work because of my throat.

Thanks guys, any advice, opinion or comment will be welcome.

Peace!

EDIT: I don't smoke ciggs, only did it for 1 year and then realized it was pointless.

TwisteD,

lwien

Man, I don't know about the MFLB for ya. That was the ONLY vape that made me cough, no matter how small of a hit I took and no matter how much I practiced with it. It may work for you though, but I felt I needed to relay my experience of it with you, especially considering that you are considering it to deal with throat issues.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I love my MFLB, but it can give some people issues if their not using the long stem, or water filtration. I have learned how to use my tongue to block the air path, thus cutting down on any throat irritation considerably. :)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
......The thing is, I've had many throat infections over the years and I know the smoke isn't helping.....
just curious, do you also have allergies?? i have seasonal allergies and i would get sinus and chest infections when i used to smoke.. i still get them just not as much or as bad.. for me, i would usually get mine following a really bad seasonal allergy spell that can go on for up to 2 weeks.. vaping does a lot less damage for sure.

Buildozer,
Reactions: Vicki

Kaptan

I need something portable, stealth, easy on my throat, small (to get high in public places, my one hitter was amazing at this).

I think the new Pinnacle by the vaporblunt is one you should put at the top of your list. It seems to be getting excellent reviews and easy to use. The MFLB does require technique that can take some time to acquire. It is a great vape for the price, but if you need something that is easy to use and easy on the throat, the MFLB might not be the best, IMO

Kaptan,

TwisteD

just curious, do you also have allergies?? i have seasonal allergies and i would get sinus and chest infections when i used to smoke.. for me, i would usually get mine following a really bad seasonal allergy spell that can go on for up to 2 weeks some times.. vaping will do less damage for sure.

Yes, I was very allergic when I was a kid (I was diagnosed with Allergic Rhinitis) and the doctor told me last week that "He thinks this is an allergic issue".

I love my MFLB, but it can give some people issues if their not using the long stem, or water filtration. I have learned how to use my tongue to block the air path, thus cutting down on any throat irritation considerably. :)

I'm glad you own & love your MFLB, do you have experience with other vapes? Would you recommend it to me?

Man, I don't know about the MFLB for ya. That was the ONLY vape that made me cough, no matter how small of a hit I took and no matter how much I practiced with it. It may work for you though, but I felt I needed to relay my experience of it with you, especially considering that you are considering it to deal with throat issues.

Do you feel it will be harsh on my throat?
I guess it will less harsh than my one hitter/joints/blunts right?

I think the new Pinnacle by the vaporblunt is one you should put at the top of your list. It seems to be getting excellent reviews and easy to use. The MFLB does require technique that can take some time to acquire. It is a great vape for the price, but if you need something that is easy to use and easy on the throat, the MFLB might not be the best, IMO

I've never seen that vapo before, seems pretty cool, its a little bit expensive (for me) tho... But if its definitely better than the MFLB I'm willing to wait and save some money, I've red other vaporizers give a "plastic" taste, I would hate to have one like that.

Thanks for your answers I really appreciate em!

PS: Sorry for any mistake guys, English is not my first language.

TwisteD,

lwien

Do you feel it will be harsh on my throat?
I guess it will less harsh than my one hitter/joints/blunts right?

You're correct in that joints and one-hitters and spoons were more harsh on my throat than the MFLB was, but even though they were more harsh, they didn't make me cough like the MFLB did.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm glad you own & love your MFLB, do you have experience with other vapes? Would you recommend it to me?

I've used lots of other vapes. Vapor Warez, Steinel heat gun, Vapir 3.0 (handheld), Ubie, Vapor Brothers, Volcano, etc. I can't think of them all off the top of my head, but I've tried lots of different methods. The MFLB seems to make me cough less, which is the exact opposite of lwien. I've been able to use it pretty much cough free after figuring out that using my tongue to block the air flow keeps the vapor from tickling my throat.

I recommend the MFLB to everyone. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you master it, you're golden. :)

Vicki,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Yes, I was very allergic when I was a kid (I was diagnosed with Allergic Rhinitis) and the doctor told me last week that "He thinks this is an allergic issue".
when ever i feel it coming on in my sinuses i use this sinus flush teapot thing that's saline solution that i mix a splash of hydrogen peroxide in.. and i do that and gargle w/ listerine periodically until it starts getting better.. also i take some nyquill.. and antibiotics if i have them.. if i catch it soon enough ill be uncomfortable for a couple days only and congested for a few more.. i just got over this myself that's why i asked... and i acted fast enough that it was over by the end of day 2. luckily.. i vaped the entire time btw... haha.. if i was smoking it would have most likely got a lot worse.. when i used to smoke a chest infection never stopped me.. ha it should have though.. i never noticed it was allergy related for me until a couple years ago. i always thought it was random.. sorry for the long post im vaped ha.. i can say i love the underdog vape.. its the only log vape iv'e had though.. i have never owned a solo but i have used one and i like them.. and their battery is said to last a good while.. it seems to always be on sale for $160 here. its not as stealthy as the mflb but i like it.. i like the mflb too.. i used a lot of herb not cured right though mine and it got funky smelling and made its own smoke all the time.. and made me have a shitty cough.. but now i only use it on the best herb i get when i use it and i don't have the problem any more.. like vicki said you can use your tongue to shield from heat and it really does help a good amount. hope this helps

edit: the extreme q is a desk top vape that can usually be found on sale for a similar price to the solo.. something else to consider.

Buildozer,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Welcome, and congratulations to you for considering your health at your age and wanting to move in a healthier direction. I use a Vapir NO2 on the go, for flowers. I used others but stopped there. I use an Omicron 2.5 for wax or oil. I hope you fall in love with vaporizing and never combust again. :tup:

Jeppy,

DOOM

When you say throat infections, are you referring to real infections like strep throat or tonsillitis? If so you might want to have your tonsils taken out, especially if it's constant. But you're most likely referring to throat irritation which a vaporizer will most certainly help with reducing irritation.

Also if you ever come down with a sore throat from a cold then you should stay away from smoke and vaporizing until it goes away.

DOOM,

TwisteD

When you say throat infections, are you referring to real infections like strep throat or tonsillitis? If so you might want to have your tonsils taken out, especially if it's constant. But you're most likely referring to throat irritation which a vaporizer will most certainly help with reducing irritation.

Also if you ever come down with a sore throat from a cold then you should stay away from smoke and vaporizing until it goes away.

Thanks for answering, my throat infections are caused by post nasal drip, I suffer from Allergic Rhinitis. Tonsillitis are ok.

I haven't smoked for almost 6 or 7 weeks, I've been ingesting weed only but I will buy my MFLB this next month, I hope it wont damage my throat or nose.

TwisteD,

TwisteD

Guys you think using the whip with the MFLB helps making the vapor easier to handle on the throat? :)

Buy the firewood. You won't regret it.

Seems pretty good, never heard about that one before, but I rather have full life time waranty.

TwisteD,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Thanks for answering, my throat infections are caused by post nasal drip, I suffer from Allergic Rhinitis. Tonsillitis are ok.

I haven't smoked for almost 6 or 7 weeks, I've been ingesting weed only but I will buy my MFLB this next month, I hope it wont damage my throat or nose.
i figured it was something like that...
the MFLB can be pretty harsh on the throat.. you can use a whip w/ it, but it can be harder to gauge when first learning.. you can block the incoming vapor w/ your tongue, i find that helps a lot. i try to not let any airflow go around the sides of my tongue when i do it.. only over the top... it seems to create a vacuum/cyclone effect, that tames the vapor a huge amount IMO.
still, you probably should get the whip, and play w/ running it through water too.

Buildozer,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

TwisteD

i figured it was something like that...
the MFLB can be pretty harsh on the throat.. you can use a whip w/ it, but it can be harder to gauge when first learning.. you can block the incoming vapor w/ your tongue, i find that helps a lot. i try to not let any airflow go around the sides of my tongue when i do it.. only over the top... it seems to create a vacuum/cyclone effect, that tames the vapor a huge amount IMO.
still, you probably should get the whip, and play w/ running it through water too.

Thanks! My MFLB will arrive in a week or too, I'm glad I ordered the whip :D!

TwisteD,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
......you can block the incoming vapor w/ your tongue, i find that helps a lot. i try to not let any airflow go around the sides of my tongue when i do it.. only over the top......
... just like a reverse whistle..

Buildozer,

TwisteD

Thanks a lot to all of you guys, I've had my MFLB for around 3 months and I love it more and more, it's a great stealth, small, portable, great device and my throat is so much better now! I haven't had any infections recently and definitely smoke was making me sick.

I'm so glad I got my MFLB, vaping is the way to go. FUCK COMBUSTION!

TwisteD,
Reactions: Jeppy
Top Bottom