ive been smoking weed in bong since 1 year now ive switched to a vaporiser. my vape was not getting

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@1DMF , different strokes for different folks I suppose. I still do not believe cannabis contains any carconagenic compounds. Or that it damages my brain.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@1DMF , different strokes for different folks I suppose. I still do not believe cannabis contains any carconagenic compounds. Or that it damages my brain.
For sure, I definitely don't think vaping it has carcinogens in it, but there is a lot of debate whether combusting it does. Some say more than tobacco, some say less, but they do imply combusting creates these chemical compounds, which implies, inhaling anything on fire (ok smoldering), is likely to contain carcinogens?

One assumes wood doesn't contain carcinogenic material, but I wouldn't sit round the camp fire inhaling the smoke!

As for the brain debate, far more study need to be made and as I mentioned, it needs to be taken into account those who's brain is already wired differently, because it may alter the results!

A bit like it not being recommend you take epilepsy drugs unless you have epilepsy, because it could cause seizures.

For some people taking a cure for something they don't have may give them the illness or make them ill, just like not everyone can have penicillin, as it cures some and makes others seriously ill.

And that's without considering a plethora of potential side effects...

We need to be pragmatic and open to possibilities that cannabis may not be a wonder-drug we want it to be, crikey it wasn't long ago they used to promote cigarettes as healthy or give gin to babies as 'gripe water' and Thalidomide to pregnant women, just to mention a few cases in point.

We don't want to go down the same road as fags & alcohol, this is cannabis, and we are mature, sensible, open minded individuals :)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
When referring to cannabis having no carcinogens, I mean in its raw state.

Someone on the previous page says it does. I was asking for the evidence.

I do not believe we will go down the same road with cannabis as things lie cigarettes and radioactive face cream, it's been used for thousands of years, I think we are close to proving cannabis is relatively harmless...

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Yeah, I still Smoke Cigs and love my vaporizers!

For the first couple of years owning a vape I still smoked bowls and used my Dugout/bat daily too, then spent 10 days in a hospital with only my mflb and went home and tried to smoke a bowl and found it totally disgusting so I've only vaped my herb since then.

I do think Not Smoking Herb and only vaping is the way to go, I hope to never need to smoke MJ again and i know I'll have to give up the Camels sooner then later but don't see my 'baccy habit hindering the effects of vaping in any way what-so-ever.

Now I gotta slip outback with my firewood, coffee and a cig. The breakfast of champions. :evil:

:leaf:... :peace:

Farid

My guess is that it's more difficult to switch from smoking spliffs to vaping than to smoke ciggs and vape, because the association of the tobacco high and the weed high is greater with spliffs. If you're used to getting nicotine with your THC, weed alone might not satisfy, but if you associate ciggs with nicotine and weed with weed, switching to vaping might be an easier mental transition. I think the damper that ciggs puts on taste buds must have an impact on the vapor experience, but not necessarily the effects.

Chill Dude

I would. In fact I would go so far as to say that in its pure form without being combusted, cannabis is actually benificial.

Fair enough, I thought you were referring to combusted cannabis. Cannabis when smoked does indeed have many cancer causing agents. No need to post a link this is just a fact. You can do a simple google search and discover the many cancer causing agents found in cannabis SMOKE. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that smoking cannabis causes cancer due to the fact there are also many cancer fighting cannabinoids present in marijuana smoke that counter the effect of the cancer causing agents. However, to say smoking cannabis is totally safe is naive at best.

I have a friend who is older than me, but at age 56 certainly not that old. Anyway, he has never smoked cigarettes or been exposed to any environmental pollutants. However, he smoked cannabis for 30 years and two years ago was diagnosed with COPD and now even has to carry oxygen with him sometimes. So is cannabis safer than most drugs including alcohol? Of course, but to say smoking cannabis is as you say "totally harmless" is far from a reasonable conclusion..

I'm sure that the text book you read regarding the dangers of Cannabis was referring to Cannabis smoking, not the vaporizing of said plant..

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Chill Dude , the book was referring to cannabis with tobacco, didn't say anything about the delivery method. It just assumes it will be smoked. My problem here is that I feel they are lying to my kids. I wasn't an unbiased education for the, then they can make informed choices. Not brain wash them with false information.

Obviously smoked cannabis will produce carginagens, I'm not disputing that fact.

That's real unfortunate for your friend, but he may have developeded COPD anyway, I suppose it one of them things you will never know for sure

kellya86,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
COPD and generally pulmonary disease is usually caused my smoke inhalation.

My father-in-law is dying from it and can barely walk 2 meters to the conservatory to light up a fag!

Watching him slowly die from smoking, was another wake up call and contributing factor to me giving up!

Tommy10

Mates VapMan turned up today, he has always smoked MJ mixed with baccy through a bong, vapman today after using mine. Spent all evening using it, said he got more medicated and seemed to enjoy it more in every single way. He doesn't not smoke full time but does on a weekend, and has always combusted mj and baccy. I think if you get a Vape that suits your style you'll pick it up quicker. Working out what you want in a vape is the tricky part.... Hence VAS.

VapeHeadz

Jesus Christ.. Is that even a thing? 15+ years I've never heard of that stateside. I knew they mixed tobacco in spliffs but not bongs...

OP, don't be so quick to get rid of that bong! Give it a good cleaning and repurpose it for vaporizer use!!! Not sure what vape you're using but most have a gong of some sort available, if not a small length of silicone will be most vapes need.

In regard to cigarettes, kick em. Try e-cigs to taper you off. If not for anything else your tastebuds will thankyou, I was amazed at the world of difference from when I quit. Nicotene free since '12.

Mate it is more common to mix weed + tobacco for bong use here than it is to bong straight weed. 90% of people I've bonged with here in Australia mix their weed with tobacco.

I'm very glad I gave that up many years ago, but still most youngins growing up here in Aus will mix tobacco with weed for bong use.

OP, try kick all tobacco as nicotine is a very dangerous, deadly and addictive drug, if you can get used to straight weed in your vape over a few months your brain will eventually not crave the nicotine anymore and you will be very stoned. Straight vapour is the way to go, much less strain on your chest/lungs and such a nice taste.

It's been many years now since I have bonged or used any tobacco. And I've saved my lungs and save alot of money on not buying any tobacco.

VapeHeadz

Mates VapMan turned up today, he has always smoked MJ mixed with baccy through a bong, vapman today after using mine. Spent all evening using it, said he got more medicated and seemed to enjoy it more in every single way. He doesn't not smoke full time but does on a weekend, and has always combusted mj and baccy. I think if you get a Vape that suits your style you'll pick it up quicker. Working out what you want in a vape is the tricky part.... Hence VAS.
Are you Aussie? You sound it. Baccy cones here are so common hey.

Yes I totally agree about the right vape will help people get off bongs/tobacco. That's what happened for me. I had bought an Extreme Q plug in desktop vape and was using it rarely whilst still using bongs (mixed with baccy) and I couldnt for the life of me stop using the bong. It wasn't until I bought a 2nd vape that I was able to fully fuck combustion. I bought a Solo portable as my 2nd vape and I told myself to get rid of the bong, even out into a box in the shed, and every time I wonted to get high I would only use one of my two vapes, I did this for many weeks and after a while I no longer felt like I wonted a bong or any tobacco, and eventually I knew I would never hit the bong again, so I gave it to a friend who still uses it. It was a large double chamber glassie, so they were stoked, but I was more stoked as I had finally quit combustion/baccy.

Many years later I have not relapsed once. I'm very happy with my self, my health and the way I use weed.

Quite a few friends and family members have been taking notice and are interested in vaping now, which is great.

herbivore21

There must have been at least 23498205938439058349085493869048560984096589584 iterations of this same thread here by now!

You guys are missing the choking out effects of smoke, also the more sedative effects of higher heats applied to the actives as your bowl/joint burns.

I would suggest vaping at high temps through glass (don't think you'll get the same hits/effects without glass. Flower vapor is hot and harsh as hell at high temps without a bubbler/bong, especially using convection!).

If you wanna replace your bong ritual conclusively; get a sublimator (I guarantee you this will get you way, way more effect than combusting!). It is rough around the edges in design terms and expensive as fuck, but it is the only way IMO to get lung busting, massive hits that can convert a bong smoker (especially with tobacco!). Many Aussies here found satisfaction going to this vape.

Tobacco is another rabbit hole. Quitting that will take a while if you smoked it with any regularity, even mixed with cannabis. All the best with that bro! 1 in 2 tobacco smokers die from it though, which is a good reason to get that shit out of your system as quickly as possible.

If all else fails, get a hair straightener and clamp and start squishing rosin out of your buds and start dabbing. It will get you way more effect than smoking buds ever will! I know it put me off of smoking and vaping flowers completely!

@kellya86 dude, the carcinogens are not in the cannabis. They are created by combusting it. If you burn cannabis flowers, you get polyaromatic hydrocarbons etc starting to form in the smoke.

Remember, like Mark Scialdone says, his Chemistry professor said there should be two chemistry books - one pertaining to chemistry, and another about chemistry above 200 degree centigrade. Heat changes chemicals into other chemicals. This is the most basic of science. Just because your cannabis does not start off with anything necessarily dangerous in it does not mean it ends up that way after you burn it!

@Chill Dude you are right in that there are some dangers to cannabis, which vary depending on how it is consumed. However, driving is not conclusively known to be a significant one of them at this point, except for where infrequent/irregular cannabis users are concerned (even then, less risk of involvement in an accident than drink driving).

I am the first to say that the scholarly literature on this topic is a mess though, largely because it is being directed by people with no idea about contemporary cannabis consumption, nor recent breakthroughs in the understanding of cannabinoids and the body. :2c:

Also regional issues exist in such research, like those discussed here: Research in Australia and the UK almost invariably relates to combustion of cannabis mixed with tobacco. Research in the US will not of course. The problem is researchers frequently (almost always) speak as if all things are equal and they are both referring to the same usage scenarios in these kinds of cases.

For example, as somebody who only dabs high quality extracts on sapphire through glass and gr1 ti, the most I get in terms of negative health effects is some upper respiratory congestion if I dab way too much one day. Compare that to one of our Aussie friends here smoking tobacco and cannabis through almost completely unsafe airpaths! Apples and oranges.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
For example, as somebody who only dabs high quality extracts on sapphire through glass and gr1 ti, the most I get in terms of negative health effects is some upper respiratory congestion if I dab way too much one day. Compare that to one of our Aussie friends here smoking tobacco and cannabis through almost completely unsafe airpaths! Apples and oranges.

I know someone who would not only say you are very wrong but would have a "Dr" (paid shill) explain in double talk absolutely nothing relating to the discussion. If you got lucky they could get some slow mo's & overdub the sinister music.

tracey-grimshaw-507673.jpg

Stevenski,
Reactions: VapeHeadz

herbivore21

I know someone who would not only say you are very wrong but would have a "Dr" (paid shill) explain in double talk absolutely nothing relating to the discussion. If you got lucky they could get some slow mo's & overdub the sinister music.

tracey-grimshaw-507673.jpg
WTFBBQ?!? :lol:

herbivore21,
Reactions: Stevenski

Ricardo

When I were a lad we crumbled hash into cigarette tobacco and rolled three skinners and that's the way I still see/smell most people using it. I quit smoking about 25 years ago and pretty much quit smoking dope as a consequence (except for hot knives sometimes). I'm surprised to see quite a few people here on FC still smoke cigarettes, simply because we're all about vaping, but I read today that tobacco /nicotine is 7 times more addictive than cocaine so I suppose it's not that surprising. I got back into weed about 4 years ago but because I don't smoke I started boiling it up with milk and vanilla essence to make milkshakes. Tasty, but a lot of hassle. Then one day I saw the original Davinci in a grow shop, did some research and ordered the Ascent - This is in a European location where vaping is practically unheard of. Jeez I love vaping - it's so clean, so pure, 10g lasts me about 3 months and I get buzzed or high most days :peace::leaf: I know I've gone way off topic.... Happy Holidays vapers:rockon:

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I remember thinking Americans were pussies for not smoking with tobacco :lol:

But on the real though, in Europe it has to do with hash. It's easier to smoke hash mixed in tobacco. Weed is a new thing for many, compared to hashish.

@ OP fuck all combustion, vape away :)

Top Bottom