I've been out of the vape scene past couple of years -recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombs

So what's new?

I've been rocking a silver surfer for the past couple of years and they're both poopin' out on me. I'm certainly not complaining, I used each of the vapes multiple times a day, every day, etc etc.

Anywhoo, so I haven't been staying on top of the new shit. I'm looking for a new home vape.

I've owned the following and have loved each one:

SSV, purple days, magic flight launch box

Are these guys still at the top of the vape heap or are there new boys/girls in town?

mod note: You're 'asking FC' but posting in General Vaporization? Thread moved.

tombs,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi tombs and welcome to the forum. You have some homework to do! :lol:

The PD is out of business. There are some other "log vapes" that might be of interest to you though. If you look at the Aromazap/Myrtlezap thread, you will see that Rick has made the CRZ which is a ceramic insulated stainless steel log vape. There's also the Toasty Top, HI, Underdog, Woodeez..... The Silver Surfer is still considered a great vape by many. There are some newcomers around too. Check out the thread on the Cloud. And the Launch Box still gets lots of respect around here.

My suggestion would be to go to the Vaporizer Discussion section and start looking at the various vapes available. I'm sure you will find a vape that catches your interest..... or two, or three... :lol:

momofthegoons,

Nosferatu

So now the SSV and DBV are still considered the best whip vapes I believe, maybe along with the Extreme also. 7th Floor made the LSV now which is almost the same thing but goes strait to a water pipe adapter or all glass transfer wand, and can be held in one hand. But on the horizon is coming the Vapexhale cloud, I personally think it is worth waiting for but in your position I would get another model for now, because not being on the preorder list who knows when you can actually get one(possibly 6 months but maybe way less, or more). There are also many new log vapes like the Toasty Top and a few more I believe. Bag wise the new top dog might be the Oracle Vaporizer.

Portable wise right now the Arizer Solo is pretty nifty, I would get the SS version but read the whole thread because this vape is apparently love it or hate it. I personaly think the best next step for you if you are used to the SSV would be the improved design of the LSV, but its alot of money for almost the same thing.

There should be a thread for each of these in the Vaporizer Discussion Section, so you can get acquainted with them. If you have any questions about any of these or any other vapes feel free to ask, I have used many of them, but not all.

Nosferatu,

tombs

momofthegoons said:
The PD is out of business.

Holy! Woah. Purple Days went out of business??!

Nosferatu said:
But on the horizon is coming the Vapexhale cloud, I personally think it is worth waiting for but in your position I would get another model for now, because not being on the preorder list who knows when you can actually get one(possibly 6 months but maybe way less, or more).

Thanks for the info. I've done with the whole waiting-game-list-thing before when the purple days was the hot shit on this site. I used to read the forums but never actually posted. I found that there are a bunch of EXCELLENT vapes out there readily available and wasn't wild about getting my panties in a bunch for another one.

tombs,
There's a new vape called the ThermoVape that is getting very positive early reviews and is being compared favorably to the Solo as a great portable choice. The thread for that vape has blown up in only a few weeks.

I'm a recent PD owner, and I've been exploring other log vapes on FC since PD went out of business. The one that's catching my eye the most is the Underdog, which combines beautiful, customizable wood construction with a silicone or silicone/glass stem. Compared to the PD, the consensus is that the UD gives heavier hits thanks to better suction and a unique core design, along with more freedom in terms of how much material you devote to a single bowl. Dave (the owner) has been impressing members with his customer service, and offers "Lost Dogs" (basically scratch and dent units) at a considerable discount (think $150 instead of $250-$300 for regular units).

Another vape that caught my eye is the one from Old City Diffusers, which is basically a log vape with variable temperature.

OKcomputer,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Underdog all day any day. Seriously I've never had such a hard hitting AND efficient vape. I use less than my MFLB and get higher than with a DBV somehow. Its like voodoo magic or something. Just check out the Underdog thread. I don't think there is a SINGLE negative review from anyone at all who owns one.

darkrom,

weedemon

enthusiast
to name a few that i think you should check out

Vape xhale cloud coming very soon (this will probably be THE vape to get once it's out)
thermovape
arizer solo
the vi and mi vapes that are coming soon!

weedemon,

tombs

darkrom said:
Underdog all day any day. Seriously I've never had such a hard hitting AND efficient vape. I use less than my MFLB and get higher than with a DBV somehow. Its like voodoo magic or something. Just check out the Underdog thread. I don't think there is a SINGLE negative review from anyone at all who owns one.

This is great. Yes, the Underdog looks VERY sweet. Do people leave theirs on 24/7 like the PD? If not, once it's warmed up can you just leave it on and running for the evening?

tombs,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
yes, there is a new core that is installed in all the new UD's that allow them to be left on 24/7. they have been shown to have a warm up time ranging from 20-40 minutes depending on size and wood composition. unfortunately i don't have one but if i were to buy any log vape on the market at the moment it would definitely be the UD, no doubt. for now ill just be a very envious window shopper :p

HighlyEducatedScholar,

darkrom

Great Scott!
tombs said:
darkrom said:

This is great. Yes, the Underdog looks VERY sweet. Do people leave theirs on 24/7 like the PD? If not, once it's warmed up can you just leave it on and running for the evening?

Yes you can leave it on 24/7 but I believe I've found a "better method" unless you have to vape within 15-20 min of waking up for one reason or another. Wake up, hit alarm, plug in UD for the day. Right before you go to bed unplug it. Save X amount of hours a day worth of wear and tear (none but I'm cautious with everything) and electricity. Admittedly if you wake up in the middle of the night and want a hit my method won't be ideal, but I don't do that. They are made with 24/7 use in mind and a friend uses his 24/7. No problems any way you use it.

darkrom,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
The CRZ (ceramic rock zap) is my suggestion. SD_haze will be doing side by side soon with the CRZ and the UD if you can hold off.

Magic9,

Ymir

Check out, Volcano Classic or digital. It's a great home unit, perfect for the counter.
I can't list all of the greatness right now because it's kicked my ass and I'm gunned.

Ymir,

lwien

chib said:
Yamir, Cmon now. lol...

Why? The 'Cano is a great vape. While it may not be my first choice, imho, it definitely deserves a spot in a list of recommended vapes.

lwien,

Ymir

ProudVaporTowerOwner said:
I think with a bag attachment the solo, will out sell the cano this year.

I'm new to vaping, and totally open to trying more kinds of Vapes, but this volcano is a pretty good start.......I look forward to knowing the difference but for now, what's the difference between them, in terms of stonedness??????

Ymir,

weedemon

enthusiast
Ymir said:

I'm new to vaping, and totally open to trying more kinds of Vapes, but this volcano is a pretty good start.......I look forward to knowing the difference but for now, what's the difference between them, in terms of stonedness??????

main difference is the concentration of the vapor.

in a bag it's filled using a pump that pumps air though. then you can compare that to a whip style vape. you will find the concentration of purity(concentrations of goodies to air ratio) goes up dramatically using a whip over a bag.

the Cano is a solid vape i wont knock it. but i do prefer direct draw over forced air.

weedemon,

Ymir

weedemon said:
Ymir said:

main difference is the concentration of the vapor.

in a bag it's filled using a pump that pumps air though. then you can compare that to a whip style vape. you will find the concentration of purity(concentrations of goodies to air ratio) goes up dramatically using a whip over a bag.

the Cano is a solid vape i wont knock it. but i do prefer direct draw over forced air.

Totally makes sense, I tried a Asian model whip and it was too hard to manage the temp/flow ratio to stop any burning. I want to try a very good whip style.

Ymir,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom