Issues with POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbApprentice

Has anyone else had issues with Planet of the Vapes? My current issue is I ordered a Tiny Might 2. Once I got it shortly after I started using it the battery began to die really quickly. The unit gets so hot you cannot touch it. So I emailed POV about the issue to be told they had units with bad heaters they mixed in with the good units. Now I am sure everyone knows the TM2 is super expensive so to get a bad unit due to some stock mixing issue really stinks. So I felt like they would take care of this quickly because they sent me a bad TM2. Well so far this is how it is going. I emailed customer service and was told I was sent a unit with a bad heater. After a few emails I was sent a return link which did not cover my return. It was outside of the 14 days and I did not want to do the warranty because to be honest I do not want another TM2 after this unit. I had to email repeatedly after I got sent the link to get anyone to reply to help with my issue. I have all the emails saved to back this up btw. Once I finally got a reply I was told they let me down. And they would get this took care of. I explained to them what I wanted to make it right. I was told no problem. Then after a few more emails I get passed to another team member to help with my return. Asking what color I want my replacement items in. So I thought great they are going to get me something sent out. I then asked when I could expect my replacements to ship to only be told that nothing would be done until they received the defective unit back they sent me. Which is fine because why do I need a unusable vaporizer. But the catch is it has to be cleaned up really good and every part it came with all of it has to go back. Also fine, but then you tell me I am not going to get anything until you receive back the bad unit you sent me and then let your team look it over and once they feel good about it then the replacement will ship. So in summary I ordered the TM2 on 1-28-24, to be told on 2-16-24 that I was sent a bad unit. Here it is 2/28/24 and I finally have the shipping label, got it yesterday. Just going to be honest and say purchase from these guys at your own risk.

jbm

One of my least favorite business practices. I ordered a glass piece from a well known vaporizer retailer and was sent a wrong, entirely different piece. So I reported it to them, and first they required a picture of the wrong item. Then they sent a return label and told me they’d ship the correct item once they received the wrong one back. Not once they got shipping notification from me, but when they had the wrongly shipped item in hand. They weren’t sending the replacement, mind you, via expedited shipping. Just by regular slow ground. They make a mistake and I get treated like a scammer. I didn’t screw up, they did.

Last edited:

HerbApprentice

I know, they are still jerking me around. At this point they have suggested that I go ahead and buy some different vaporizers from them and when they get the TM2 back that they sent me bad. Then they will just refund my money. So their current fix is for me to spend more money with them until they get the current issue fixed. They admitted they had them mixed in and have made it my issue to get it fixed and then insulted me with a $10 gift card for my troubles. I will not ever purchase another item from them. They want the bad reviews taken down and are trying to get me to remove them without fixing anything. So I am going to make sure I post it everywhere I can.

deadsouthernblake

Usually speaking POV is pretty reasonable about taking care of mistakes or making sure you get what you need. But this does sound kinda shitty, especially since they admitted to knowing there were some faulty devices mixed in their stock. I could understand if it was a case of POV suspecting that there was nothing really wrong the device so they were gonna wait until they received the faulty device back before sending out a replacement. That way if someone was a dishonest shit they could keep the model they'd claimed was not working along with the replacement. But yea looks like there could be some meeting each other halfway. I wonder if possibly POV is having some issues getting credit for the faulty units or they have to actually have the faulty device for them to get credit from TM? It does seem strange that they wouldn't mention that you wouldn't be getting anything before you sent the fualty device back to them to begin with when replacements were being discussed vs "oh our bad, we sent you a faulty device...we knew there were some in our stock. don't worry, we'll take care of you....what would you like ? Sounds good we'll get that together for you" "oh no dude you dont get shit untill we get our faulty device we sent you back, but now you can just go ahead and buy the replacements you what now and then when you send us the device back we'll refund you, now please take down that bad review." Yea that would kinda irrate me as well especially spending as much as the Tiny Might cost. If I spend that much on something I expect it to work....

justcametomind

The bigger mistake in this story imho is having waited more than expected to complain, and then thinking that everything faulty is POV's fault.
Why would they have to send you stuff without checking your vape first? What if the TM2 is perfectly fine but the truth is you don't like it and want something else? POV told you they have faulty units lying around, but what if it's not your case, in your TM there's a misplaced screen touching the heater causing abnormal heating? You shelled out 350$: it is an awful lot, and they would have to go grant you 700$ worth of stuff just because it's you, at your (presumably) first ever purchase from them? This is not the way to run a business.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

HerbApprentice

No I have purchased other items from them in the past. And I did not expect them to let me keep the faulty unit. Well if you call getting so hot that it burns my hands on a lower setting me not liking the unit then I guess so. I didn't wait, as first I thought some of the issues could be operator error. When you get a new vape, you need to learn all over because they all work differently. The first signs were it shutting off randomly, which I thought to begin with was me holding the button too long or maybe pressing it more than I thought. So as time went on a little more I did notice it was getting warm so I got online and looked at somethings and found a fix someone else used for that issue. So I did that which was supposed to reset the temp. And for a few days that did fix the issue. Then right before I emailed them it started getting so hot you could press the button and would hear a audible pop and the material would be burnt in a instant, I got a nasty burnt ash taste in my mouth. Not a combustion taste, like flash fried burnt ash taste. So I then contacted POV, they admitted they mixed bad units in with good ones. This could have been handled way differently. They knew for a few weeks before I placed my order Tiny Might released a bunch of TM2's with bad heating units. Running as business I would not send out units hoping I had gotten out the bad ones. You could have said temporarily out of stock, or they could have emailed me and gave me a heads up. I got irritated when they started leaving me hanging for days at a time. It took me more than a week of emailing to get a return label from them. Then to be told once they got it back I could wait another couple weeks for my replacements to arrive. But in the meanwhile I could go onto their site and purchase the items I wanted and they would just shift it to a refund. Their quick fix for them sending me a bad unit, knowing they had bad units was for me to spend more money with them until I got a refund. I don't know about you, but I don't spend almost $400 bucks to spend a couple months waiting for a working item all because the company decided to risk it and ship the units knowing they had bad ones in the mix. Remember they didn't reach out to me or any customer warning them. They knowingly sent them out and waited, that my friend is bad business.

HerbApprentice,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No I have purchased other items from them in the past. And I did not expect them to let me keep the faulty unit. Well if you call getting so hot that it burns my hands on a lower setting me not liking the unit then I guess so. I didn't wait, as first I thought some of the issues could be operator error. When you get a new vape, you need to learn all over because they all work differently. The first signs were it shutting off randomly, which I thought to begin with was me holding the button too long or maybe pressing it more than I thought. So as time went on a little more I did notice it was getting warm so I got online and looked at somethings and found a fix someone else used for that issue. So I did that which was supposed to reset the temp. And for a few days that did fix the issue. Then right before I emailed them it started getting so hot you could press the button and would hear a audible pop and the material would be burnt in a instant, I got a nasty burnt ash taste in my mouth. Not a combustion taste, like flash fried burnt ash taste. So I then contacted POV, they admitted they mixed bad units in with good ones. This could have been handled way differently. They knew for a few weeks before I placed my order Tiny Might released a bunch of TM2's with bad heating units. Running as business I would not send out units hoping I had gotten out the bad ones. You could have said temporarily out of stock, or they could have emailed me and gave me a heads up. I got irritated when they started leaving me hanging for days at a time. It took me more than a week of emailing to get a return label from them. Then to be told once they got it back I could wait another couple weeks for my replacements to arrive. But in the meanwhile I could go onto their site and purchase the items I wanted and they would just shift it to a refund. Their quick fix for them sending me a bad unit, knowing they had bad units was for me to spend more money with them until I got a refund. I don't know about you, but I don't spend almost $400 bucks to spend a couple months waiting for a working item all because the company decided to risk it and ship the units knowing they had bad ones in the mix. Remember they didn't reach out to me or any customer warning them. They knowingly sent them out and waited, that my friend is bad business.

Our rules allow you to post ONCE about an issue and then post only when there is new information or a resolution. This does not qualify. Please do not post about this issue again until you have met the qualifications under our rules. Thanks for your cooperation.

deadsouthernblake

Our rules allow you to post ONCE about an issue and then post only when there is new information or a resolution. This does not qualify. Please do not post about this issue again until you have met the qualifications under our rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
Just asking to clarify the rule you mentioned... Are you not allowed to respond to someone on your topic with out having "new information or a resolution"? That seems strange.... However I can totally understand not making additional threads about the same topic or flooding several of the other threads with basically the same complaint. But if someone makes a statement or even ask a question on the thread you started are you not allowed to answer them? Or maybe I just completely misunderstood what part of dude's post was a rule violation.

deadsouthernblake

The bigger mistake in this story imho is having waited more than expected to complain, and then thinking that everything faulty is POV's fault.
Why would they have to send you stuff without checking your vape first? What if the TM2 is perfectly fine but the truth is you don't like it and want something else? POV told you they have faulty units lying around, but what if it's not your case, in your TM there's a misplaced screen touching the heater causing abnormal heating? You shelled out 350$: it is an awful lot, and they would have to go grant you 700$ worth of stuff just because it's you, at your (presumably) first ever purchase from them? This is not the way to run a business.
I might be wrong and somehow just made it up in my own head LoL But I wanna think that a couple weeks back I remember Troy and Jerry briefly mentioned something about a small batch of TMs with some heather issues had gotten out. Or least that thought popped in my head when I read dude's post.

deadsouthernblake,

HerbApprentice

POV has made it good, they offered to send out replacements after I sent the shipment notification. It was a little frustrating and a bit of a wait but they finally made it right for me. So I am happy with the results. I myself would not purchase another TM2 after this. But I would purchase from POV again.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I apologize I was explaining to the guy above me. Will not happen again.

Thank you for the apology.

Just asking to clarify the rule you mentioned... Are you not allowed to respond to someone on your topic with out having "new information or a resolution"? That seems strange.... However I can totally understand not making additional threads about the same topic or flooding several of the other threads with basically the same complaint. But if someone makes a statement or even ask a question on the thread you started are you not allowed to answer them? Or maybe I just completely misunderstood what part of dude's post was a rule violation.

First let's be clear on this rule:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
The rule itself is pretty clear:
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
Of course you are allowed to answer, but you aren't allowed to use the opportunity to complain again.

justcametomind

No I have purchased other items from them in the past. And I did not expect them to let me keep the faulty unit.
I did not imply you want to keep the faulty unit. My point is that sending you the replacement while they still have to get the rma back, from their pov means being exposed for 700$ while having cashed only 350$.
What if a customer in your position instead of the faulty vape would send them an empty package for example?
They sent you the vape without waiting the TM2 back?
Imho they made it out of courtesy, probably because you are already a customer, probably because they waited a lot to answer to mails, but they are not forced by the law to send out replacement like candys without waiting their units back first.

justcametomind,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom