Issue with Wismec Rx Gen3 Dual

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
One of my Rx Gen3 Duals is reading cold resistance at approximately half the value of other mods. For example, when I attach a vape with a known cold resistance of .250 it will read it as .125. It’s definitely the mod and not the vapes as they all work properly on other mods. This is a brand new mod, purchased months ago but just recently opened. I found a suggestion online about tightening the gold screws in battery compartment but that did not work. I appreciate any help with this.

CanikUser19,

badbee

If it was reading resistances too high it might be a bad connection. Reading resistances too low can only be a fault in the internal circuitry. I would try to use it in wattage mode only and monitor carefully for overheating of the coil, be prepared to abort.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
If it was reading resistances too high it might be a bad connection. Reading resistances too low can only be a fault in the internal circuitry. I would try to use it in wattage mode only and monitor carefully for overheating of the coil, be prepared to abort.
Exactly what I was thinking. I’ll probably just throw my Mistvape Beast on it since I run it in wattage only, and I rarely use it. Thanks.

Last edited:
CanikUser19,
Reactions: Summer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah that is a common problem with the gen 3, not accurate resistance reading, poor 510 connection, some people can still use it to set up temp control but it is a bit more involved, I prefer using a different mod like the ravage with red panda for temp control

Top Bottom