ISO replacements. WTF?!?!?

ginolicious

I just found ISO wipes and a bottle of Zeus cleaning solution. I’m in luck. Thank god. And the Zeus is good for all materials. Very happy. I usually have to dilute the solution cause that’s what they recommend. But I ain’t cleaning anything lately.

ginolicious,

Bazinga

Bazinga,

MileHighHuman

I saw Troy from VapeZone420 vape 2 bowls to get the cooling unit hot. Take the cooling unit off while hot and clean with q tips. Super simple compared to soaking in ISO in my opinion :2c:

MileHighHuman,

Bazinga

I saw Troy from VapeZone420 vape 2 bowls to get the cooling unit hot. Take the cooling unit off while hot and clean with q tips. Super simple compared to soaking in ISO in my opinion :2c:

Didn't work for me. Doesn't get rid of all the sticky residue.

Bazinga,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Didn't work for me. Doesn't get rid of all the sticky residue.
Yeah, the CU had always been such a pain to clean. I started topping my herb with a concentration pad and it keeps CU much cleaner. The CU still gets sticky - but over a much, much longer period of time. And I NEVER have to brush off the screen (which I must do without the pad).
Dropping a pad in ISO every week or two is far easier than cleaning the CU and brushing screen.

And now that I have an Ultrasonic cleaner, it has become super easy to clean the CU’s. I pull it apart while hot and then drop in in the UC for 5-8 minutes. And voila! It is like new again. I had one CU that I couldn’t even pull apart while hot and threw it in the UC for a session, and then it easily pulled apart. Another cycle split and it came out beautiful.
(Sorry for the tangent, I really love my UC... but I still need to find more ISO to use with it!)

Jill NYC,
Reactions: howie105

Nina

I think I've got to get an ultrasonic cleaner :D
As for the ISO I find it lasts ages

Nina,
Reactions: Jill NYC

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
PBW - It’s basically Oxyclean...which works fine if it’s hot enough

ClearBlueLou,

Easywider

Simple is the way
CBL you have sparked my curiosity, what is hot enough? High simmer, rolling boil or what? TIA

I use water out of the kettle just as it stops a rolling boil. ( oxyclean / oxygen brewers wash / PBW ) 1/2tsp is all you need of the powder. Shake it like a fresh polaroid. Usually, this alone gets everything sparkly clean. If not, let it sit 10mins, shake again. IF it's really nasty repeat 2-3x :2c:

I clean 2-3 pieces once a week like this, I save my iso for cleaning stems.

Easywider,
Reactions: Jill NYC

howie105

I use water out of the kettle just as it stops a rolling boil. ( oxyclean / oxygen brewers wash / PBW ) 1/2tsp is all you need of the powder. Shake it like a fresh polaroid. Usually, this alone gets everything sparkly clean. If not, let it sit 10mins, shake again. IF it's really nasty repeat 2-3x :2c:

I clean 2-3 pieces once a week like this, I save my iso for cleaning stems.

Wonderful explanation. I thank you.

howie105,
Reactions: Easywider
Top Bottom