Iso hash oil questions

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Abysmal Vapor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm just starting to get into making ISO, learning curve is moving fast too. Thanks for all the info!

jambandphan03,

Sour Deez

Everytime ive made QWISO ive done a 15 sec wash and got beautiful amber shatter.

If your alcohol is green, u washed way to long. The alcohol shouldnt hardly change color at all, maybe a light golden hue at most.

dannkk

DO NOT MICROWAVE IT. The alcohol vapor would be a serious fire hazard. Could even explode.

You don't want to heat your ISO at all, actually. Heating will darken the color and effect the taste. Just put it someplace cool, dry and dark and place a fan blowing on it. Takes a while, but it's better in the end.

edit: REading through this thread now, it seems a lot of you guys cook it. I might try it, but I get nice results just letting it evaporate away. Very light colored, sometimes almost white.

dannkk,
Reactions: darkrom

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Heat your pan up first ( in hot water) makes the process go a whole lot faster. If you're going to use whole bud, let it get really dry and break it down to expose more surface area, 15 second wash and you'll have something really, really awesome.

Tea Party,

Royalblunts

how do you purge?

is purging the same as clearing?

i saw some Chubb's Wax that looked white chips, but didnt appear oily or buddered at all

the pictures look so different from when the herb isn't frozen, huh? wow

good info if ISO carries more cannibinoids than butane

Purging uses a vacuum purge system to put the iso/butane oil in a vacuum around -27psi to literally pull the solvent out of the oil. Heating helps and is a less efficient/pure way of doing so but it's not even close to a vacuum purge. I smoked some non purged oil and some purged shatter and my mind was blown over the difference.

Royalblunts,

Idonate

Hey how's it goin guys new to FC huge fan of shatter.....anyways need some help jus did an ISO run doin it how I always do except this time in the evap dish there's like black dots floating around never seen it before have pics but don't know how to post em let me know how n I will

Idonate,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@Idonate
Pics or it didn't happen.
or
list your process, and type of materials used first
Problems can be solved but you need to give people here something to work with
or
Re-rinse material with iso, re-filter, back in dish to evap

Silver420Surfer,

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
I just made some, and I am concerned about the color! It's ORANGE. I mean really orange.

I made it about 3 hour ago and it's sitting in the sun on my deck. I used a full canning jar of frozen high quality trim. I used 91% ISO which had been in the freezer for a few days. I had it all in the jar longer than 30 seconds, because I had to add more ISO. The freezer ISO didn't cover it all. So it was shaken for 30 seconds, but in the jar for a minute or more. I then poured it through a coffee filter and a stainless screen.

isoo.jpg

Just looks weird this time!

Plants watered with, and more importantly, misted several times with iron heavy water (common household hard tap water) can also come out orange to. I've happenchance seen it in qwiso and ice wax
both.
Just sayin.

So,to reiterate: fresh herb(?), freeze everything. 30sec or less, 220deg for 15min to convert THC.

Good nuff.

IMO properly made well made iso-oil may well be more potent than BHO.

Idonate

@Idonate
or
or

I will post pics but I need to know how first so how?

Idonate,

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Try the search bar in the upper right. Sometimes it works. I found this in another area.

Great idea!

For images on your computer
  1. Go to http://imgur.com
  2. Click the Computer button under the Upload Images heading
  3. Select the photo you want and click OK or Open
  4. Click the Start Upload button and wait until the upload completes
  5. Copy the code in the Linked BBCode (message boards) field
  6. Paste it into your post here
For images already on the web
  1. Copy the link to the image (this will usually end in .jpg , .png , or .gif)
    1. You can find this by right clicking on the image and selecting Copy Image URL, Copy Image Location or similar
  2. Click the picture icon (
    iC3RhlO.png
  3. Paste the link to your image into the box that pops up and click Insert
Image hosting websites

Outlaw Farmer,

Idonate

@Idonate
or
or
wJzGHH9

The black shit is not physical chunks I never seen this before

Idonate,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
From the pic looks like some bits made it thru the filter.
Maybe re-wash with little less iso and refilter thru 2 filters. To the right of the big solar flare, one of the bits looks green(could be just the photo).

Top Bottom