Iso 3

mephisto

I have been fortunate enough to acquire the newest version of a tried and true isomerizer. It is called the Iso 3 and there is a very good deal of information at Skunkpharm that covers the design and background of this machine. This thread is an attempt to enlighten others on the function and performance of the Iso 3 for making your own tinctures, and extracts safely and easily. The extraction medium is ethanol, and the machine will even further distill lower content ethanol products to higher "proof".
I intend to do this expose' in a proper fashion. As such, please bear with me and my work schedule as I build the process of unboxing, assembly, and ultimately production. I have been making my own extracts with great success for over 5 years with methods learned right here on FC. So first off, a big thanks to all of my fellow extract alchemists for helping me progress through diy concentrate production. There will be pictures and a general tutorial, but the pace will be slow. I have had the machine for nearly a month and still everything is in boxes. So, my first disclosure is the individual boxing of each piece of this set. All told, there are 6 separate boxes that hold the various pieces and everything comes shipped bombproof! (I really need to dedicate a space just for this project. ) Off we go to explore the world of isomerization.....A big thanks to D. Gold and his crew for giving me the opportunity to check out this device.
Stay tuned!

Monsoon

Pics and description of the ISO-3 are here for those interested.

Interesting design, I'm curious is there any worry about alcohol fumes since the top part with the fins is partially exposed?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Looking forward to the write up @mephisto, thanks for sharing.

So is this like a more robust lab version of the Source?

Does one still need to vacuum purge the results?

TIA

GreenHopper,

mephisto

From what I looked at with regards to the Source, the Iso 3 is more straight on Science! I am sure the Source can do similar tricks, I was more impressed by the background of the Iso 3 and its creator.

I have a comfort level with my evaporation tech and I do not depend on a vacuum purge. The extract puritans will tell you a vacuum is essential. For BHO production I always used a vac purge. With slow and low heat, I no longer really bother with vac. When this project gathers some forward momentum, I will demonstrate an example of with and without vac purge to compare and contrast....

Top Bottom