Is vaping the only way to get high?

Forgive me if this topic has long-since been covered. Just tell me, and I'll delete it.

It seems to me that vaporizing is the only way to get high (using your lungs). THC that has been burned is no longer THCit's been combined with oxygen to become something else. When you smoke, you're drawing heated air through the herb. That heated air would then vaporize the cannabinoids that haven't yet been burned.

If what I've written is true, then smoking is just vaporizing + a bunch of (inactive) plant smoke. I don't see how anything but the vaporizing part of that would get anyone high.

Am I crazy? Is there something I'm missing? Is this something everyone already knows and I'm just an idiot?

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

FlowersInTheAttic,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I believe there is some vaporization occuring while smoking joints. You are drawing air through hot cherry and herbs, so there must be some convection vaping in joints. I also think drawing speed from a joint changes the vaping/smoking ratio, so slow draw can be more efficient beacuse it allows more herb getting vaporized before the cherry arrives.

But I think smoking also releases some cannabinoids while destroying majority of them. Just remember bongs, there is no place for that vaporization effect and it still gets a person high. More stoned like, that could be exactly because of the missing vaporization.

Seek,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm not sure, but I like your user name. It's a really good book. :)

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
It's very true that you inhale vapor when smoking, and that may well be what's getting the smoker high. Anyone disdaining vapor and saying it doesn't get 'em high is 100% wrong, since they're getting a good dose of vapor every time they burn.

It'll take some scientific studies to reveal exactly what we're getting and how much, smoke vs. vapor. Right now the powers that be don't want any cannabis studies- the attitude is it's all bad and illegal and let's keep it that way.

Seek said:
Just remember bongs, there is no place for that vaporization effect and it still gets a person high.
It doesn't matter whether the smoking process is a joint, pipe, or bong. Vapor is produced and it can pass through water just as it does with a vape using water filtration.

max,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
max said:
It's very true that you inhale vapor when smoking, and that may well be what's getting the smoker high. Anyone disdaining vapor and saying it doesn't get 'em high is 100% wrong, since they're getting a good dose of vapor every time they burn.

It'll take some scientific studies to reveal exactly what we're getting and how much, smoke vs. vapor. Right now the powers that be don't want any cannabis studies- the attitude is it's all bad and illegal and let's keep it that way.

Seek said:
Just remember bongs, there is no place for that vaporization effect and it still gets a person high.
It doesn't matter whether the smoking process is a joint, pipe, or bong. Vapor is produced and it can pass through water just as it does with a vape using water filtration.

I agree with all of this, but I have a friend who can take FAT vapor rips off my Underdog and she doesn't get high at all, she has only gotten high from smoking. And we tested this about 3 times, she didn't feel a thing, while I was high as shit... weird huh?

Elluzion,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
How much did she try Elluzion?

When I first started vaping I needed to vape at least 3 times the amount of product to get to a similar state when smoking. I could notice that I used a lot the next day though, I never got to work sober the next morning around that period :lol:

It took me awhile to realize that lots of the effects I got from smoking weed had nothing to with MJ at all, but are more combustion side effects. They were very effective against insomnia though, that's why I still have a hard time to stop smoking joints entirely.

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
Elluzion said:
I agree with all of this, but I have a friend who can take FAT vapor rips off my Underdog and she doesn't get high at all, she has only gotten high from smoking. And we tested this about 3 times, she didn't feel a thing, while I was high as shit... weird huh?
I can't tell you how happy I am for us vaporists that your friend's situation is not the norm. She's certainly getting THC and its companion compounds with vapor. I'd be interested to see what the results would be if she did nothing but vape for about a week-no smoking at all. At any rate, it's not the scientific evidence that we'd like to see, just an anecdotal experience.

max,

Soulhunter

Yes, thisw is true, the active ingediences are vaporized. And that is what is getting u high.
Since u r burning the herb, u vaporize at the highest temperature and get that stoony feel.
If u also smoke cannabis with tobbaco, the nicotine makes the THC absorb faster in to the body. (maby it was some of the chemicals added to make nicotine work faster that also made THC work faster)

And it is also true that some of the feelings people asosiate with getting high is just the body fighting poisoning from inhaling burnt plant matter. This is much stronger when smoked with tobbaco.
And the feeling is enhanced since u just took some THC.

When i started vaping I also felt it did not medicate the way i was used to. But after a while I realized that it was all the negative sides that was missing, no more paranoia and anxiety.
When i combusted i had to be realy carefull with what medication i used, sativa was best.
Indica could give me panic attack sometimes.
But now it doesent matter, no bad side efects other than that i tend to get a bit lazyer with the heavy indica strains. But i have not had a cannabis indused panick attack since i started vaping, two years and going strong :)
After I started vaping, the medical bennefits of the herb has increased 100 times.

Soulhunter,

Nycdeisel

Smoke has vapor, but vapor does not have smoke. Vapor is probably what gets people high when smoking, since too high of a temp actually starts to destroy and degrade the cannabinoids.

Nycdeisel,

peterchen

When you get high from smoking, that is obviously from vaporized THC; would you burn THC you couldnt get high. Smoke is burned stuff as well as vaporized ingredients

peterchen,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Generally people accustomed to inhaling combusted material will experience a different high. The high on a vaporizer will differ but for good reasons. Vaporization is a clean, euphoric and crisp high where as combustion is a smoke choking, murky, confused, asphyxiated lung pain stoned experience. People will often make claims that a vaporizer does not get you as high but that only assumes that you include asphyxiation and waste products as part of the desired buzz. If you understand that vapor is the raw undamaged active ingredients you can appreciate how the vaporizer gives you a fuller, untainted and superior experience. Once adept ul also find how a vaporizer can get you higher, not more stoned but higher. Making the distinction is important as one is a level of stoned grogginess associated with combustion where as the other is a level of pure clean highness only achieved with a vaporizer.

AceTK,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I don't know about you but I just vaped a few whip hits of AAA Jack Herer and in 30 minutes I'll finish with Poison OG. :D

Jeppy,

Nycdeisel

AceTK said:
Generally people accustomed to inhaling combusted material will experience a different high. The high on a vaporizer will differ but for good reasons. Vaporization is a clean, euphoric and crisp high where as combustion is a smoke choking, murky, confused, asphyxiated lung pain stoned experience. People will often make claims that a vaporizer does not get you as high but that only assumes that you include asphyxiation and waste products as part of the desired buzz. If you understand that vapor is the raw undamaged active ingredients you can appreciate how the vaporizer gives you a fuller, untainted and superior experience. Once adept ul also find how a vaporizer can get you higher, not more stoned but higher. Making the distinction is important as one is a level of stoned grogginess associated with combustion where as the other is a level of pure clean highness only achieved with a vaporizer.

I agree with this guy but FUCK you this was hard to read because of your avatar! way to wake me up!

Nycdeisel,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Elluzion said:

I'm just having a hard time believing this. I seriously have one of the highest drug tolerances, out of anyone I know. Not saying that to brag, but even my own mother (for most of my 45 years), knows that if there's a maximum recommended dose, that's probably the minimum, I might respond to.

I've taken HUGE bong, pipe and joint rips off pretty much every combustion device there is. Nothing, has ever remotely come close to hitting me upside the head, oh crap I'm stoned... quite like vapor. While I have built up a tolerance, its not anything close to and as rapidly, as I did with smoking.

I know lots of people that don't prefer to vape (most haven't been properly instructed), or haven't ever vaped. Judging from the videos on Youtube, there's a LOT of people that don't have a clue. They're combusting in a vapor device. But, anyone who has received advice and/or time to learn, taken a proper rip... has gotten absolutely ripped off vaping, in my experience. I just have to assume (yeah, I know)... she's doing something wrong.

Hope she learns the joys of vapor, eventually.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom