Is using a short piece of tubing to decrease the diameter of the bowl in a dbv a bad idea?

synche

Ok, I tried searching for an answer, but I was unsuccessful. I hope this isn't a really stupid question, because it would be great if this works. I read, on some website by some unnamed source (I was stoned, late at night, can't remember where), that the tube in a dbv was rated at "twice the temp. of combustion". If that is so, would cutting an approximately a 1/4" section of the tube and shoving it to the bottom of the stem of the dbv to decrease the diameter of the bowl, be a good idea, or would it poison me?

synche,
Don't do anything with silicone hosing. Just get a flexible screen which you can fit halfway or even less into the 19mm male joint of the DBV wand. Lower your temperature a bit as your load will now be closer to the heat source. I used a DBV without an offical wand for a very long time - I used a 19mm straight WPA with the setup described.

charliedontsurf,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Don't do anything with silicone hosing. Just get a flexible screen which you can fit halfway or even less into the 19mm male joint of the DBV wand. Lower your temperature a bit as your load will now be closer to the heat source. I used a DBV without an offical wand for a very long time - I used a 19mm straight WPA with the setup described.

A Cloud ELB or Extreme Q elbow screen would probably work better, and the Q screen would have the advantage of reducing the load size which the OP wanted.

You can get a full set of Q screens (which includes two of the elbow screens, so you could have a spare mesh "bowl" packed ready) for like ten bucks on eBay.

Anonymouse,
A Cloud ELB or Extreme Q elbow screen would probably work better, and the Q screen would have the advantage of reducing the load size which the OP wanted.

You can get a full set of Q screens (which includes two of the elbow screens, so you could have a spare mesh "bowl" packed ready) for like ten bucks on eBay.

That's certainly an idea I experimented with, but Q screens don't offer the ability to adjust load size. The way the steel edges of the Q screen stick out beyond the outer diameter of the 19mm male joint on the wand also means that you're stressing out the joints every time you mate or unmate them as I recall.

charliedontsurf,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I do this with my SSV + EQ elbow screen. Works super great. You can adjust the screen up and down for different bowl sizes.

dsc4983yk.jpg

dsc4989g.jpg

Bonus, I no longer get them nasty debris you see in the wand, :rockon: .

Lower your temperature a bit as your load will now be closer to the heat source.

+1. I'm now vaping at a much lower heat setting than ever before.

Tweak,

synche

Thank you for ALL your responses. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. I am a total noob, and the talk of elbow screens, WPA (looked in glossary, didn't find) and such, are total Greek to me. I am in no way complaining. I just haven't had the chance to figure out what you guys are talking about and I wanted to respond before too much time passed.

The main problem I was having was that I was trying to load small bowls, about .05-.075g, probably closer to .05, and the herb wouldn't stay against the screen. I have circumvented this problem by tilting the dbv forward, by setting the rear side of the base of the dbv on a book. The center of gravity of the dbv is low enough where this can be done safely.

I still want to experiment with reducing the diameter of the air flow path at the bowl so I can load even smaller bowls, to try to increase efficiency further. When I figure out what all your recommendations mean and I try something I will report on it.

Even without further customization I am very happy with the dbv and vaporizing in general. In about 3 weeks my consumption has gone from 3-3.5g/day to 1-1.2g/day and I am getting higher than before.

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vaping forever!

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hmmmm i use a bit of the tubing from my SSV to elevate my screen for smaller load sizes, but on my next order from planetvape i will be getting some EQ screens for Tweaks mod that wand hash looks so clean compared to mine.

Puffers,
Reactions: Tweak

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Tweaks mod that wand hash looks so clean compared to mine.

That was actually some wand hash from before my mod. I've been meaning to share a side effects of this mod.

dsc5202.jpg

dsc5198e.jpg

dsc5197x.jpg

With the second screen in place, (to prevent EQ screen from slipping too deep) most of the resin builds up onto the screen. And the rest of my wand hash is just so much cleaner that it is mostly clear.

Even though the SSV screen gets caked with resin, there is no dust from your product to clog it up. It stays pretty wide open and easy to draw through despite getting so dirty.

Tweak,
Reactions: Puffers
Top Bottom