is tinymight a portable logvape (does it eat more?) ?

im not a robot

hi everyone
so i am a happy tinymight owner & not convinced whether this query really deserves its own thread, it might be a strange comparison (desktop vs portable), but i have heard here & there people referring to the tinymight as a 'portable log' - so i got curious about logs & some research later i think i might need a log. because vas.
i admire their looks, i also am a microdoser. i am probably most intrigued by their extreme efficiency. but i dont *need* another vape. particularly because the tinymight is stellar imo, i have zero complaints. anyone with opinions on differences / similarities, taste?, or how i fundamentally misunderstand something - please do comment. talk me out of it. thanks!

im not a robot,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't have a Tinymight yet. I sold my Enano after a while for several reasons. The knob is kind of a bullshit way to adjust the heater (a black dial with black numbers from 1 to 10 that's useful from maybe 5.5 to 7.5). If I started a little less hot but wanted to increase the temp to fully extract I'm left to fiddle with that same dial and then vaguely wait a minute or two while the slow-ass heater adjusts to... whatever 7 means. I have ten Splinters and two Milaanas now and I don't wait more than a few seconds for my vapes to heat up.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I had once mentioned using the TM as a log. But that included the VONG (?) removable stem. The one thing it needs is a seal between the TM and the Vong.
A Vong could be a VapCap tip but the stem would need to make the seal.

I am very interested in trying this when I get a TM.

GoldenBud

with TM you won't need nothing else. Log consume 12W, TM around 40W (average) or so, on-demand need more energy(ofcourse after few seconds the power drops to like 25W maybe...). 100% convection vs 100% convection of Log..
Log is needed if you want to do 0.05g each time, not 0.1g.
If you need a desktop for doing 0.05g you may consider a real log

Last edited:

im not a robot

Log is needed if you want to do 0.05g each time, not 0.1g.
If you need a desktop for doing 0.05g you may consider a real log

ah hm ok, thanks, but i am not understanding this energy part well. i understand that the tm draws more power, but .. are you also saying that lesser power is actually better for smaller amounts?
it would seem to me more power means more versatility?
but yes i am indeed more likely to use 0.05 instead of 0.1 (or even less)

im not a robot,

LongDraw

I wanna chime in.

If you check the TM thread i had also mentioned/compared the TM to a log vape.

I would say having both is not redundant, and more of a permanent backup.

Love my TM, but realize it is a portable and there is more to go wrong with it. Although, it has worked amazingly well for over 3 months straight so far. Just the one unique feature to a few devices, if it was recently used it needs to sit (battery in or out) for less than 3 minutes before inserting a new battery.

Now my woodscents i had before the TM. Honestly, i didn't use the woodscents a lot at first. I tried it with a vapcap, but it had an airport and i don't think that was useful in this situation for me.

Down the road i gave it another go just using the glass tube with a metal basket, and then i really learned how to use it and loved it.

When i saw the TM mentioned it made me for interested cause i do have portable vapes, that use butane but i use their stations/heaters, so didn't have something truly portable for flower. Now the risk with any newly released device, but was willing to take a chance since i had been lucky with what i had bought so far.

I would say if you really love 100% convection, any log vape would be a great backup, just a backup that is plugged in is all.

Unable to think of a good/funny sign off, take care all.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Sorry, my mistake! Yeah, it can consume 70W - against 12W of some log, it's like...for specific reasons. vaping 0.05g for example. otherwise in your case I don't see why
Well, the why is with the OP of this thread but my main reason for my original mental exercise was so that the stem would not have to come out to load a new bowl. And it is an on-demand log after all. You won't outdraw 70 watts or even 50 watts. Now that I've had some time to absorb the TinyMight's build, I could see a plug-in stem that could utilize a VC tip without the cap and just ignore the entire glass stem bit. Your VC stem would come with an adapter that fits the TM. Of course, the quartz liner would be very nice in this configuration.

TommyDee,

im not a robot

Now my woodscents i had before the TM. Honestly, i didn't use the woodscents a lot at first. I tried it with a vapcap, but it had an airport and i don't think that was useful in this situation for me.

Down the road i gave it another go just using the glass tube with a metal basket, and then i really learned how to use it and loved it.

thanks for your reply, it is obviously very helpful to hear from people who have experience with both the tm & logvapes.
is taste in your opinion about the same? (best tasting vape i know is the firefly..)
& am i right to assume that extration would be slower?
the woodscents is the one i am looking at the most probably, and largely because of its compatibility with the dynavaps. that is a huge plus for me. as much as i like the tm - the dynavap would be my desert island vaporiser. it cannot compete in taste by a long shot, but i just the love the way it handles. and i am in awe of its efficiency. the tm is very efficient as well, but it isnt so good at stretching the length of a session, and as a former smoker, i do enjoy this process as well. using a dynavap stem with the woodscents would be a different kind of experience, but taste should surely improve.
so i obviously also find your idea quite attractive @TommyDee. i cannot evaluate how feasible it is, i have zero engineering imagination, but of course i would welcome it. i do wonder if the same could not be accomplished with a milaana (or similar) as well?
thanks for all the replies thus far.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

@im not a robot Logs are becoming old news in vaping environment.
They have more disadvantages than advantages.
Not on-demand, few stems only (except WS but it costs 300$ and contain VapCap vape completely and many stems)
When we speak about Logs, you must remember that first logvape came in like 2010 or 2011.

about the amounts.. as I said about 0.05g... the bowl in ENANO/WS is like 0.05g or 0.07g max... for people who want only microdosing. smaller bowl

Save your money because log is 200$+++ , if you want a backup - get VapCap (50$ soon, 20/4 coming..) but it's conduction.

In your case let's say, you just need a backup vape for an emergency case :tup:

PS
It all depends also on your bank account. if you got alot of money and you do like art, you may find yourself buying some WS in the future... it depends on your money ofc :rockon:

If you're looking for the smartest move, save your money

Last edited:

im not a robot

if you got alot of money and you do like art, you may find yourself buying some WS in the future

i do like art. and i'll readily admit that aesthetics play a part in this current preoccupation. but no, i dont have a lot of money, so ultimately i am sure you are right that getting a logvape is not the smart move. or any new vape for that matter (i already have a dynavap, no need for a backup).
as far as amounts go - i am a microdoser, i have no worries even staying below the 0.05g mark, it is part of the appeal of logs for me.
i find your point interesting that logs are becoming outdated. i am sure there are log enthusiasts willing to contest this. since i have no experience w/ logs i cannot comment, and it is in a sense also part of my query. i appreciate the candour in any case. but i would say that - to me - any vape has a certain usage style that regardless of underlying technology creates a different experience. thats kind of obvious, i know, but it matters. does it differ enough to justify the expense? no idea.

i do like art. and i'll readily admit that aesthetics play a part in this current preoccupation. but no, i dont have a lot of money, so ultimately i am sure you are right that getting a logvape is not the smart move. or any new vape for that matter (i already have a dynavap, no need for a backup).
as far as amounts go - i am a microdoser, i have no worries even staying below the 0.05g mark, it is part of the appeal of logs for me.
i find your point interesting that logs are becoming outdated. i am sure there are log enthusiasts willing to contest this. since i have no experience w/ logs i cannot comment, and it is in a sense also part of my query. i appreciate the candour in any case. but i would say that - to me - any vape has a certain usage style that regardless of underlying technology creates a different experience. thats kind of obvious, i know, but it matters. does it differ enough to justify the expense? no idea.

I think as in outdated, I think he means maybe not much advancements in the last decade in log vapes. You are seeing new types of portables all the time.

I have had tons of vapes. I cannot give my opinion on the TM since I don't have one, but I have two Woodscents. If you have the money get one. I stayed away from it for a while because Vapcaps weren't for me. Don't let the size of the bowl fool you when used with a WS. It rips hard and no vape has ever got me so ripped before. So little goes a long way and you could demolish one bowl in one hit, with an even toast. I don't like carb holes either, but I have a few stems without one and I find them very efficient. MistVape has an awesome beaded stem that I use a lot.

I have also found that the WS has also slowed my purchasing of herb a great deal. So you are paying a decent amount up front, but in the long run, I'm barely spending on herb anymore. A gram goes a long way. Now it's a good time to buy one, since the WS is 10% off all month at Ed's site or you can get a mango wood from vgoodiez and there is a coupon code that is searchable in addition.

joner

I feel the need to weigh in about logs (don't have a tiny might tho).

I have a pretty good vape collection. Mighty, MV1, Dynavap M, Lotus, Tubo Evic, Splinter, Mighty & Crafty, Tera for portables, and an E-Nano and volcano classic for plugins.

I find myself only using the Dynavap and E-Nano. Exclusively. Sometimes I curl up on the couch with my Lotus Pipe. Like haven't touched any of my other vapes in a month or more. Actually going to start selling them because I just don't need them.

The efficiency and effects (not to mention the ritual) of these 2 (well, 3 really), have shelved all my other vapes. If i had an E-Nano and a vapcap I could be happy vaping herbs for the rest of it.

I did order a vleaf go just for on the go hit the button rips (little more stealthy seeming than my M), so we'll see how that goes. It may end up collecting dust too.

im not a robot

you do have a very impressive collection. and that makes a strong case for the e-nano (and the dynavap which i totally get). ritual is an important aspect to me too.
could you compare taste to the mv1? if there is a point. just asking b/c as far as i know firefly & mv1 are pretty equal - i do know the firefly, and it is my best tasting vape. but i also dont use it much.

Now it's a good time to buy one, since the WS is 10% off all month at Ed's site or you can get a mango wood from vgoodiez and there is a coupon code that is searchable in addition.

there also is one in the classifieds i am eying :)
i am in europe. so customs would unfortunately take a good chunk out of me, far more than any discounts. ed pointed me towards a french retailer (vaporisateur.net) who sells the woodscents - not sure if they will do 420 discounts

Last edited:
im not a robot,
Reactions: joner

joner

I find the MV1 has more taste than my e-nano. What that taste is, I'm not sure (subtleties in the herbs? Something off the materials used in the MV1?)

I can say that the taste/flavor is very PURE in my e-nano, and it is still very good. I feel glass may mute some flavor as well, in exchange for other benefits (mainly purity for me).

The MV1 uses many different materials, some of which I'm not sure what they are lol. While I enjoy the taste of vapor thru the MV1, I'm not 100% sure that all that flavor is indeed from the herbs. Still enjoyable nonetheless when it works good.

joner

@joner - have you tried an induction heater with regard to taste?

I was only referring to the E-Nano and how it compares to ghost MV1 regarding taste. My 2018 M with ti tip yields more flavor than my e-nano, not as much as my MV1. It seems to have a nice pure taste also. I haven't tried an induction heater, I've been saying for two years I'm going to build one but torches do me just fine (although I did send Pipes a message last week).

Unless they provide different temperatures than a torch (which is still controlled by the click), I can't imagine an induction heater making any difference in flavor.

Are my thoughts on this justified?

joner,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yes, your thoughts are in line with experience. The limitation of the torch is waiting to draw. The attraction to a log is that real-time heating, on-demand. Think of a log that uses IH rather than radiation. The trick is managing the power of the IH. I've learned that can be done with input voltage. At 7-1/2 volts, I can regulate the heat with draw velocity.

joner

I've been following along in the vapcap thread, I'm familiar with your RT-OD IH. Very cool and innovative. I'll definitely keep updated on your work, and how you make out with it. Kinda reminds me of a log actually....

I need to get into IH's! (Maybe we should let this thread get back on track haha).

Top Bottom