Is there a portable device for concentrates that accommodate any kind of dosing pod?

basil

I hope this is the right forum for this question.
I like concentrates like wax and shatter. The only way I’ve used them is with a Pax 3 concentrate insert and with a Terp pen. What I’d like to do is find a way to pre-load a few dosing pods (for want of a better term) with a concentrate so I can take a hit when the spirit moves me without having to stop and find a level surface.
I‘ve tried sandwiching wax and weed in a budkup and that worked but if I can avoid the extra work and just throw some wax into a few pods and go on my merry way, that would be ideal.

Is there a portable that can do this? Can anyone suggest a way to improvise?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
One of the easiest ways is to use the Terp pen, but you're probably looking for more regular usage with better flavor. Still, in a pinch and for discretion, the Terp pen or a cart pen works well.

So if you are looking to vape concentrates in a flower vape, like the Pax, then you have a few options. The flower sandwich does work, but I find it makes a mess and the flower will get very roasted before you finish the bowl. A number of vapes also make SS mesh pads that absorb the concentrate within. Some people like these, but I hate how they end up tasting like reclaim without thorough cleaning.

In the end, the method I liked was to use organic cotton or degummed hemp fiber. You make a little flattened disc, about the size of a dime. You put your dab in the center and ball up the cotton around it. Now you have a little pea of cotton with your dab in the center. I used to make a few of them and keep them in a small concentrate jar. You can pop one in your vape directly or in you capsule and hit it till it's spent. Then you simply take it out and swap in another. In fact, it keeps your bowl pretty clean that way. The concentrate does not leak out unless you are loading big big dabs.

I eventually stopped do this because I now use different vapes for flower vs concentrates, but this works pretty well and every time to use a new cotton ball you get great flavor again.

I'm sure others will have some different suggestions. Good luck.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: florduh

darbarikanada

What I’d like to do is find a way to pre-load a few dosing pods (for want of a better term) with a concentrate so I can take a hit when the spirit moves me without having to stop and find a level surface.
I use an OG mighty for concentrates (mostly wax). you can get small concentrate pads that fit in their dosing caps, but this method works better for sessions, so if you're only taking a hit at a time, it wouldn't be a good fit.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Farid

When you say you want something where you don't need to stop to find a level surface, is that in reference to needing a surface to place your concentrate jars as you load your vape?

This is something that always bothered me when I used LAYG concentrate pens. I would have loved something that took preloaded capsupes to reduce the mess and fuss.

In this day and age carts have kind of filled that void, but I still wonder if there's a market for what you describe. Hell, I wonder if LAYG pens are even still popular or if they've been replaced by carts and battery rigs like the puffco peak.

Cdwhit

I haven’t used them for wax, but both Mighty+ and the DaVinci IQC (I assume the IQ2 also) have pad things you put in the capsules that work with concentrates. I seem to recall the Mighty+ coming with one, but I have no idea where it is now, and I ordered some to try on the IQC, but haven’t tried them yet.

I will note that the max temperature for the Mighty is only 410F, which many people say is too low for good vaping, and the IQC isn’t much better with a max temperature of 430. That said, I usually do wax from my Carta, and my go to. Setting on it is 410F.

In this day and age carts have kind of filled that void, but I still wonder if there's a market for what you describe. Hell, I wonder if LAYG pens are even still popular or if they've been replaced by carts and battery rigs like the puffco peak.
I use carts for convenience and stealth, but they are far from a replacement for wax,sugar, shatter, or any other pure concentrate I’ve had. While I love my CARTA for concentrates, it’s a lot more to lug around than my DHVs.

Cdwhit,

Farid

My experience with any type of concentrate vape has been pretty mediocre compared to a rig.

But I have had luck using dry sift and bubble in dry herb vapes. I've not had luck using concentrate pads, though. If I wanted a strong hit in a portable vape I'd probably opt to use some dry sift in a high temp dry herb vape versus messing around with LAYG pens again.

Farid,

GoGlass

Best for me is buying empty pax era pods. I fill them with my concentrate + terpene.
Pax era is a beast and usage is sooooo simple.... Device is always on, no button, just inhale.......

GoGlass,

General Disaster

A Country Member
Just an idle thought if you're thinking of preloading containers and carry around?
Even if it it's almost solid, most oils/waxs/extracts of various sorts will 'flow' very slowly, especially in a warm pocket, so keep them upright!
If something like the mighty caps with holes on top, upside down may cause the holes to plug up, and worse, may even leak your treat!

General Disaster,
Reactions: Cdwhit
Top Bottom