is there a bottleneck in my whip/wand setup?

2clicker

Observer
ive recently purchased a tube to hook up to my vape and its great, but i think there is a bottleneck in my whip/wand setup that is restricting me from really chalking this tube. i would love to hear what any of you may think.

im using a 14MM GonG water pipe attachment with the tubing that comes with a SSV/DBV. my problem is that the water pipe connector goes into the tubing, but then continues to get smaller... inside the tube. if that makes any sense... ? the connector is a little straight glass piece with 14MM on one end and then it funnels down to tube size on the other, but it goes much too small IMO.

here is a pic of exactly what mine looks like. as you can see it funnels much too small.
il_430xN159328637.jpg

the hole at the end of it is probably 1/8-3/16". basically its just plain too small for the tubing and im pretty sure its causing me more work to chalk the tube...? is this correct?

to those who are using the 7th Floor connectors... how large is the hole on the opposite end of the GonG?

im looking for all options.

2clicker,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I actually just got on the water filtered vape train. I like it, apparently vapor can be just that little bit more smooth, also helps with big hits.

I have the 18mm adapter from 7th floor and it doesn't get all narrow (fits perfect), i'm guessing that hose end of the 14mm might be the same? not sure.

maybe that one is just for different size tubing, i bought a generic one and it didn't have a long taper like that but it was too small for the 7th floor tubing (would fall out).

rabblerouser,

2clicker

Observer
thanks rouser

im sure its just too small for the hose. i will probably end up ordering a 90 from 7th floor when i order one of their grinders.

part of me is saying "fix it before spending". so if you look in the pic above you will see where the fitting is still as wide as the 14mm gg part. the hose fits great on this part. it expands the hose just enough, but then starts to funnel. if only the fitting would stop there making if about an inch shorter it would be perfect. if there was an easy way to cut off the funneled part of this adapter... im not 100% sure what kind of glass it is though.

are there any glass tubing cutters that anyone is aware of that may work to trim some off of this adapter?

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
2clicker,

MichMartin

If you have a normal bowl you can use that. Just try it.
You would have to hold it the whole time but it would work.
The dimensions of the whip might matter. I used the whip with the mflb.

MichMartin,

steiner666

Serial vapist
dude, definitely get the adapter from the SSV store, they're so much better. The angle makes them easier to get a grip on to pull out to clear, and they fit in the end of the hose really tightly, like they stretch it out a bit, not too narrow at all like that one. i think those ones lke the one you have were designed to work with the VB whips also, which are a bit smaller diameter of tubing.

steiner666,

2clicker

Observer
yeah i very well may just get the 7th floor adapter, but then again im to the point where i think i would rather have my tubing go into the adapter. just like how the tubing go inside the wand. i think and adapter that has the female for the tubing would be even more open than the 90s from 7th floor. i assume the 7th floor adapter would have the same end that the stock mouth piece has for the tubing.

04013_216.jpg

that bowl there looks almost as if the inside diameter of the bowl is around the same size as the OD of the tubing. if this is the case (or a lil smaller) then the tubing will go into it just like the wand and will not be restricted at all. its not a 90, but its well short and the tubing is flexible so im not concerned with what angle the tubing is joining the downstem. im most concerned with airflow.

im thinking about going up to a local head shop with a piece of tubing and looking at their GonG bowls. hopefully find something like this pic.

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
ended up taking the dremel to the adapter thinking that if i ruin it that itll just force me to get something else. anyway, it went really well. i scored the outside of it (like a tubing cutter) with a hobby file. then took the dremel with some sand paper drums and began to grind away. after a bit the funnel part of the adapter snapped off right at the scored line. it was a pretty clean break so i then just took some very fine sandpaper and smoothed the edge. then took my dremel again and polished the hell outta it. much larger hole for intake. and now i dont have to buy anything else!

here is a pic. notice the adapter is about 2/3 the length it once was. much easier pulls and chalking now (also learning to use a higher temp when using the bong).
adaptor.jpg

2clicker,
Top Bottom