Is Heroin Worse For Someone's Health Than Marijuana?

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I had wanted to post this yesterday from another link, but it was apparently removed from abovetopsecret.com .....................

<snip>"Drug Enforcement Administration head Michele Leonhart was recently grilled by Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) on the differences between marijuana and hard drugs."

Article: http://www.policymic.com/articles/1...ity-heroin-not-as-bad-as-marijuana-apparently

Video of DEA head questioning (what an evasive tard she is, lol):

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Wow, she can really double talk. I saw the guys behind Rep. Jared Polis talking to each other. I bet they were saying "this is crazy talk," or something similar. Our government is pathetic to make a plant illegal because lobbyists from pharmaceutical, paper, beer, etc., companies pay them to.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I just couldn't watch the video to the end or I would die of stupidity. How? How can a person like this be in that post? Don't know if I should laugh or cry. Every other person on the world, even parrots, could answer all these questions better. Is that the most severe brainwash I've even heard or is she paid to say bullshit and state it as fact?

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i saw this yesterday on reddit and found it absolutely ridiculous. i can only imagine how dumb she felt afterwards. it just proves that people like this are willing to be put in front of a room to argue an illogical point because, like Vicki said, big pharma companies, alcohol companies and other lobbyists are putting money in her back pocket. if i were her, i couldn't even look at myself in the mirror.

lwien

Here's another perspective. The DEA is a drug enforcement agency. Their job is to enforce the law, not make laws, so it very could have been that she was instructed to not offer any input outside of what her job is, which is enforcing current law and that her personal thoughts as to the questions being asked about current laws were outside of her jurisdiction.

lwien,
Reactions: snew

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I'm with lwein on this one- we can't expect any different- she's paid well for her ability to stick to the policy line even when it is making her look foolish personally. A less capable civil servant might have crumbled and said "I know, it's crazy! The law is fucked", but they wouldn't be batting at that level. A better civil servant would have answered the questions in a way without looking quite so foolish! But that's supremely difficult to do on the MMJ issue. Ultimately though she stuck to her mandate and I think she will be pleased with herself for doing so, and will probably continue to climb the ladder. It's all about her career and succeeding in a system.

It brings to mind an famous interview with a politician here in the UK a few years ago. He was asked a very simple, straight forward question 18 times and managed to evade giving a straight answer (though he came out looking even more of a tit). When they don't want to say something then they won't be drawn into it, and that's a skill in itself IMO. (that said I don't think it's a noble skill- it's one you can probably find just as evident in the criminal under world - coincidence? that the two ends of the legal power spectrum rewards such traits?)

SVuser

1.50, wtf this makes no sense lol. read "Winning body language: control the conversation, command attention and convey the right message"

SVuser,
Top Bottom