Is Cannabis Good or Bad for Sleep

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I just went through a couple of weeks cannabreak. Biggest problem was sleeping. I ended up eating a gummie or two before bedtime. I slept much better on gummie nights than on abstinence nights.

And so wouldn't you know, NYTimes has a big article on the issue. Not my point of view, but thought folks might find it of interest.

Gift article so non-subscribers can read the article.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Dos5cRhXkAI9GIH.jpg

Screenshot-2023-10-10-at-21.02.24.png

cant-tell-if-d%C3%A9j%C3%A0-vu

LesPlenty

Company Rep
This thread seems a lot happier...so far, thanks for the share @Polarbearboy as I missed the first attempt to get my attention.:cheers:
My doctor prescribed some indica leaning (perceived effect wise) buds and those buds have slowed down my need for Temazapan so that is good...except the TimTams are AU$6 for 30 tabs and the Indica is AU$139 for 10g, that is 2 or 3 Plenty bowls.
Just my experience and would like personal member thoughts rather than links to studies that are probably financed by big pharma.:tup:

PeteyS

It's a mixd bag. Yes, cannabis is great to knock you out and fall asleep, however studies are showing that when you fall asleep on cannabis, you don't actually enter the final stage of sleep(Called REM? I think), and this stage is very important.
I can tell you by experience that this is mostly true for me . I fall asleep easily, but often take up at odd hours and sometimes feel not fully rested in the mornings.

Sativapo

I personnaly don't have problems sleeping when I go to bed but don't remember my dreams. The problem is also that I get a mostly heady trippy high that I enjoy but that makes me go to bed very late binge watching,tripping on series music etc and as I have to wake up early I don't sleep enough.

coolbreeze

I personnaly don't have problems sleeping when I go to bed but don't remember my dreams.
Same. No problem getting to sleep, just staying there.
The problem is also that I get a mostly heady trippy high that I enjoy but that makes me go to bed very late binge watching,tripping on series music etc and as I have to wake up early I don't sleep enough.
You should become Indicapo at sunset. Problem solved! ; )

coolbreeze,
  • Haha
Reactions: Sativapo

Sativapo

Same. No problem getting to sleep, just staying there.

You should become Indicapo at sunset. Problem solved! ; )
I've already turned it to hybridapo to reduce this. :lol: this batch 2 durban poison and 4 gorilla glue # 4. Next grow should throw some pure indies in the game. I prefer getting trippy high than couchlockedd but I should add some stoneness.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I've tried (and grown) many strains and most of them don't help me sleep thru the night. The more sedative varieties may help me fall asleep but I can still wake up in the night.

I found a gg4 cross (Glue Sniffer from Twenty20 Mendocino) that allows me to rest all night, even when I'm no longer high at bedtime. I can microdose late afternoon and it still works. Pretty cool. :tup:

coolbreeze

I've already turned it to hybridapo to reduce this. :lol: this batch 2 durban poison and 4 gorilla glue # 4. Next grow should throw some pure indies in the game. I prefer getting trippy high than couchlockedd but I should add some stoneness.
I used to be the same, really loved the Sativas. Most of them I can't tolerate anymore, unfortunately, but a few I can and do!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A lot of my good sleep is in the morning hours I guess when the bud effects are wearing off, when I get my best REM? should also be going to bed way earlier as well lol

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
A lot of my good sleep is in the morning hours I guess when the bud effects are wearing off, when I get my best REM? should also be going to bed way earlier as well lol
Yeah, historically I've gotten my best sleep between 4am and 6am for whatever reason.

Top Bottom