Iphone 12 or Samsung S20

Bazinga

Never had an Iphone. Is it time to try one?

Don't care about the camera. Want bright clear viewing screen. Long lasting battery. Don't need it for games. Want to see notifications (voice messages, emails, text messages) on the home screen without me drilling down to find this information.

So many folks have an Iphone, there must be something really great about the device. Or is this just hype?

Bazinga,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It is just simple for many people in the apple verse. I feel like Samsung has better battery life, just get whatever you're used to!

Shit Snacks,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Never had an Iphone. Is it time to try one?

Don't care about the camera. Want bright clear viewing screen. Long lasting battery. Don't need it for games. Want to see notifications (voice messages, emails, text messages) on the home screen without me drilling down to find this information.

So many folks have an Iphone, there must be something really great about the device. Or is this just hype?
Tracfone..........I love them shits.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
lol. I was going to write up a response but then I remembered the date, so I'm not sure if this is serious.

They both work if you're used to one or the other. I worked for a while as an android developer so I'm surprised to have moved on, but these days I prefer iOS. Most of their defaults err on the side of protecting user data (they aren't an ad company like google). The biggest thing for me was the OS fragmentation though. I hated that LG's OS was a little different from Samsungs which was a little different from Vanilla Android. It was fun for a while compiling and flashing Cyanogen Mod back in the day, but after one too many Friday nights dealing with some obscure problem and thinking, "man I just want my phone to be a phone" I decided to try Apple and I've been digging it.

Re: your other questions anything with a bright oled should be easy to see, the iphone 12's battery life ostensibly suffers due to always looking for 5g (can't remember if you can disable it entirely or not), and notifications are a swipe away from the home screen, but Android offers the exact same so this is a wash, I think.

Bazinga

Checked out Tracfone. They do not offer newer model phones. I switched from Verizon to Consumer Cellular. Cut my phone bill in half. No contracts.

Bazinga,
  • Haha

stinkytofus

Apple easier to use, camera takes natural looking pics

Samsung not bad, pictures looks more processed

stinkytofus,

ginolicious

I prefer iPhone over Samsung. I been using both side by side for over 5 years and prefer the iPhone e

ginolicious,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I flip flopped for years, but ultimately ended up sticking with iphone....although its probably been 7 years since I've had an android anything.

Just simpler. I get why people like Androids and such but the simplicity and consistency of apple stuff just makes things easier for me I guess. I dont use my phone for much at all, just what I would consider the basics. Call, text, check & occasionally respond to an email... casual internet/social media browsing, checking my ring doorbell, take a few pics...thats about it. Which the iphone does just fine

I think if you're into the tech and stuff android is probably the way to go. It doesnt matter to me though

My only complaint is that the system upgrades (or something else entirely) over time eventually slow the phone down to the point shit just starts going south and it gets so frustrating I eventually just go upgrade it. Probably getting 3 years to a phone now

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Frankly, they are both quite intuitive.

I favor droid, but there is so much to love about apple.
What brought me over to apple a few years ago was FaceTime, so I could see my new boy while I was traveling for work.

I don't think I can ever go back to droid as I LOVE this feature! It has been god-sent in quarantine... Birthday visits, hanging with family, etc. FaceTime makes my life easy.

Bazinga

Attempted to purchase phone via Consumer Cellular and take advantage of the 24 month no interest offer. They ran my credit and was turned down. My credit score is 851. I'll wait a few weeks and try again. To all the kind folks on this thread I thank you. It seems that both phones will more than serve my needs. One small issue is that I have 2 Samsung watches and I don't think they are 100% compatible with the Iphone.

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh yeah if you are already in the Samsung ecosystem, it makes sense to stay...

For what it's worth I am pretty much luddite and don't use my phone for much other than texting calling and FC... A little music, camera, basic stuff, I like Android though because it gives me the full control over everything like a regular computer, I hate how limiting Apple is with their stuff, and frankly Samsung itself is a little annoying with their skin software over Android, so I have a Pixel for plain Android myself (however side note I also actually hate it, I miss my old original Nexus S and Moto X phones, so much more compact, and like for a smartphone I can't believe how fucking dumb this thing is!) But I digress lol

Top Bottom