Iolite + water filtration

Vaporlove

Hi everyone.

I'm a satisfied Iolite user - it's great! However I've decided to kick it up a notch and try to filter it through water. Now I've seen all sorts of vaporisers being filtered through a bong, but never an Iolite. To tell you the truth I'm pretty sure it will work out great, I just need some help from you guys.

Now I've ordered an 100ml EHLE bong so I just need to somehow connect it to the Iolite. I'm guessing I need a 14mm bowl/adapter to connect to some tubing and then to the Iolite mouthpiece. This is where you can help :).

First of all, I need information on which silicone tubes would fit an Iolite mouthpiece (impossible to see from photos alone) and where to get them. I've tried ordering the 14mm adapter and tubing from the vapor brothers site, but they don't ship to Europe.

Anyway, what I need is someone that owns an Iolite and tubing (that fits) to tell me where he got them so I can buy them for myself. I'm guessing I need something like this (https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=vaporizer-water-pipe-adapter-graphix) and then the tubing.

If anyone can help me out by simply trying their tubing on their Iolite and then giving me some feedback, that would be greatly appreciated. In the end I also need a website that ships to Europe.

Oh and btw I'm not afraid that the Iolite mouthpiece will melt. I'm very careful when it comes to that and have had no problems so far (still using the 1st mouthpiece - bought the Iolite like half a year ago).

Hopefully this hasn't been answered before and I'm not spamming the forum. I've been a lurker for some time now and have never seen an Iolite connected to a bong - that's why I've opened a new topic.

Thanks.

Vaporlove,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
hi vaporlove.

i sometimes use myself the iolite attached to a waterpipe. i use a silicone tubing 7x2 mm that fits perfectly. you can get it here. hope this helps ;)

Heisenberg,

Vaporlove

Heisenberg said:
hi vaporlove.

i sometimes use myself the iolite attached to a waterpipe. i use a silicone tubing 7x2 mm that fits perfectly. you can get it here. hope this helps ;)
Awesome, thanks!

Btw, when you said it fits perfectly, you probably ment the Iolite plastic mouthpiece, right? So how did you connect it to your waterpipe? Care to elaborate a bit? What kind of a pipe do you use - GonG? If so, does it fit to the water adapter as well, or do you just somehow stick it in the downstem?

Anyhow, thanks again for your effort, much appreciated.

Vaporlove,

greystr0ke

Honestly, it works but the hits you will get will be no bigger than what you get with the standard mouthpiece or with the tube attached.

greystr0ke,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
yes, one end attached to the mouthpiece, the other end into a 14mm adapter.

it is true that the hits are not very big due to the lack of heat at the end of a pull. but nevertheless you should give it a try.

Heisenberg,

Vaporlove

greystr0ke said:
Honestly, it works but the hits you will get will be no bigger than what you get with the standard mouthpiece or with the tube attached.
Thats what I thought, but the bubbling action itself will hopefully be worth it. :D

Besides, if I packed a bigger bowl than usual and the hits were cooler because of the bong, I could at least take bigger hits. Perhaps even taking a double sized hit so that I drag through 2 cycles at a time. In any case, I'm gonna get ripped one way or the other and if I ever get a bigger, non-portable whip vape, I'll already be ready with my bong. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Vaporlove,

Vaporlove

Heisenberg said:
yes, one end attached to the mouthpiece, the other end into a 14mm adapter.

it is true that the hits are not very big due to the lack of heat at the end of a pull. but nevertheless you should give it a try.
Great, all I need is a glass adapter then. Think the one in my previous link from vaporstore will work? Tried to find one at verdampftnochmal.de without luck. Only thing that resembles such a thing is this (http://verdampftnochmal.de/Vaporizer-Parts/Arizer-Extreme-Parts/Glass-Elbow-Adapter::27.html) and I'm not even sure if its 14mm.

Vaporlove,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
:2c: Just get a fat o-ring from the hardware store (like the ones that helped traditional slides seal in non-GonG down-stems). Put it on the mouthpiece, turn the unit upside-down, and insert the mouthpiece into the down-stem. Works like a charm and doesn't require tubing or a adapter (fill slowly to prevent excessive cooling of the herb chamber).

Progress,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
hope it works out for you
i'm often disappointed with io hits. the idea of building up a couple hits in a bong is interesting :brow:

lately i've been using two iolites at the same time (double fisted style) when hangin out with friends who also own an io. definitely more satisfying :ko:

@progress - got pic?

moodswing,
Top Bottom