Involuntary- yet voluntary- T break

Enchantre

Oil Painter
My husband and I are heading out the door today for our vacation. We are going on a cruise, and we have to fly to our port of departure (LAX). So, we are leaving all our meds behind, except for one medible for us to share at the hotel tonight.

We have no interest in engaging TSA in any sort of discussion concerning our MMJ patient status... so, we are doing without. My husband will dull his pain with alcohol onboard ship (isn't that pathetic? he can drink his liver into oblivion, but he can't use a plant for pain relief), and I will do the best I can to function without help.

We always love our cruises, so I think we will do just fine. :)

See you all when we get home... probably Mar 31st.

Hit a vape for me...

I'm old enough to never find fault with a person being cautious, so I totally understand your decision. I personally don't worry about the TSA in regards to edibles. I always carry a little tupperware with an assortment of snacks, with the MJ goodies innocently blending in.

This is merely anecdotal, and I don't intend it as advice; Since about '95 or so I honestly don't think I've ever flown out of sea-tac without weed in my checked luggage (domestically only). That includes Thanksgiving 2001 when fully armed national guard were crawling all over the airport. I've always operated under the assumption that TSA couldn't find their butts if they had a bells on them. They have yet to prove me wrong.:)

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have been giving serious thought to taking Power up capsules in my checked suitcase, but I don't want the slightest chance of an issue.

I can deal without it... and, I'll enjoy coming home and getting totally vaked after!

Enchantre,
Reactions: Tweek
FFS, we're getting snow flurries today. :| Super jealous of you guys escaping, remodeling this house means we have 0 vacations planned. :cry:

mrboote,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Despite all of the horror stories on the news these days, cruising is my favorite way to travel. Just did a Mexican Riviera out of San Diego not long ago, it was fun. Choosing which line to cruise with is critical.

elevation

mvapes - Don't be scared. It is not hard at all and you will actually feel somewhat proud of yourself to break the habit. I find the easiest way to do a break is actually a vacation (mostly where your "home" is actually). It's simply not there. I do not have my vapes or even acces to herb.

Besides, in Florida they have Five Guys! :D

elevation,
Reactions: mvapes

Tweek

Wait a minute... Why do you think I need to make my house bigger in the first place... This tactic can severely backfire.

Just dip your balls in hot sauce an hour beforehand and you will have no worries. :spliff:

Tweek,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i'm still on my mandatory t-break too. been almost 3 months now. i thought it would be super tough but after the first week, i didn't really miss it at all that much. but still i can't wait to get back which should be soon.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: Enchantre

BeardedCrow

I did 3 years tolerance break (not by choice).

It was a breeze but I missed it very much in that time, did 'spice' to cope, don't miss that crap.

In that time I found ways to enjoy sobriety. Even forced myself to go hiking and eventually fell in love with trails.

Now I bring herb to all my favorite trails!

But tolerance breaks are always harder than it seems, this isn't heroin.

BeardedCrow,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
mvapes - Don't be scared. It is not hard at all and you will actually feel somewhat proud of yourself to break the habit. I find the easiest way to do a break is actually a vacation (mostly where your "home" is actually). It's simply not there. I do not have my vapes or even acces to herb.

Besides, in Florida they have Five Guys! :D

Lol - I live right near one!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hey, I'm back - and vaped! :) (can't hardly type... whoo hoo)

It was a wonderful cruise... we sail Princess, and we really like them. Mexico was hot, and gorgeous.

We did pretty well for the first few days, but the pain and spasms started showing up more and more... my fibro hit by Thursday, and I'm now having a hard time walking. I'm pretty sure I can force it back, now that I'm back with my meds.

My husband's back pain set in pretty deep the past two days.

I'm giving serious thought to how to bring the meds.

Enchantre,
Reactions: t-dub

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hey, I'm back - and vaped! :) (can't hardly type... whoo hoo)

It was a wonderful cruise... we sail Princess, and we really like them. Mexico was hot, and gorgeous.

We did pretty well for the first few days, but the pain and spasms started showing up more and more... my fibro hit by Thursday, and I'm now having a hard time walking. I'm pretty sure I can force it back, now that I'm back with my meds.

My husband's back pain set in pretty deep the past two days.

I'm giving serious thought to how to bring the meds.
I had no problem obtaining drugs of varying strengths and classes in Mexico when I went last year. Tramadol, low-dose oxycodone morphine, clonazepam (Klonopin), diazepam (Valium), alprazolam (Xanax). I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and I do NOT condone the use of those drugs without first talking to your doctor... but I got my pills lifted in the airport because my dumb ass didn't put them in my mom's carry-on. Fuck I was so mad. The next morning I went to the farmacia in downtown (well, there were about 30 pharmacies down the one street, it's the pharmacy district apparently) and obtained 10x 100mg tramadol caps for $40 pesos. It was, at the time, enough to keep me pain-free thankfully. And legal, apparently... just not a good idea to bring them back over, despite me actually having had a prescription for it in the US.

On the flip side of that, I went without it and didn't bother trying to get any bud when I went over. That's just not worth the risk to me. Anywhere in California I'm fine because I'm registered, but even if I were to fly directly to a state that recognizes/acknowledges my recommendation, I wouldn't take anything with me. Some time back someone posted an article to another thread that said a guy was caught in a middle Eastern county (Saudi Arabia maybe?) with.... .003 on him. On his shoe or sock, actually. Three thousandths of a gram. I just don't fuck around like that. I've got my other prescription medications that are fine anywhere, but I'd rather kiss Mary goodbye and tell her I'll be back soon than get busted on day 1.

Perhaps hash oil caps in one of those natural remedy bottles would work?

Sorry to hear about the pain, it's something a lot of us share.

Quetzalcoatl,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm making good inroads on the fibro attack... and hoping my inflammation dies down again. It's happy to be home, my gosh I slept like an absolute rock!

I'm uploading all my fun photos to flickr, but here's a peek at what we got in Mexico... That's two Almond & one Coffee Taquila. The good stuff. The really, really good stuff. :tup:

cruisemexico2013555.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm making good inroads on the fibro attack... and hoping my inflammation dies down again. It's happy to be home, my gosh I slept like an absolute rock!

I'm uploading all my fun photos to flickr, but here's a peek at what we got in Mexico... That's two Almond & one Coffee Taquila. The good stuff. The really, really good stuff. :tup:

cruisemexico2013555.jpg
Tequila? More like to-kill-ya! There's some 1800 upstairs. I'm not a fan of tequila really, the only stuff I can drink is silver tequilas (Sauza, etc) and even then I prefer a local craft brew over it. Glad you had fun, whereabouts did you end up?

Quetzalcoatl,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
This is Dona Enriquez... it is 100% pure from the blue agave plant. We tried six different ones, and this is NOTHING at all like what we get in the USA. The very, very best Patron is just barely in the league with this one's "Blanco" or white - and they get better from there. No impurities, and no filler alcohol. Apparently, most tequila has only 51% agave, the rest is filler.

There is very little hangover from the good stuff. Oh, and these are rather low alcohol, too, as they are very aged. Like, 36 proof.

Enchantre,
Top Bottom