Intestinal issues thread

CBDFarm

QUIT.
So how many of you on here have intestinal issues? I have GERD, Crohns, and Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome. Was recently diagnosed with Crohns/ SMA and still getting used to it. The doctors for litteraly 2 years kept trying to pass this off as CHS... It really angered me... Hell almost killed me(dropped to 95 pounds at one point) So I thought I would make a thread for other with similar intestinal issues and what works and doesn't work for them so we could all possibly learn and benefit from each other. Anything from from what we smoke,what temps, how, to what we eat,drink, exercise, etc Anyone else want to chime in I am all ears :)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm undiagnosed, but I've had gut problems since I was a child, cannabis keeps on top of it for me...
I get stomach ache everytime I eat or wake up...
I have to make sure Im near a toilet if I'm going to eat...
I just learned to live with these things, like my ocd and slight aspergers, I know I have these issues, but never bothered to diagnose, I wouldn't take the pharmaceuticals and don't want to be labeled...

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
1. Positive mental attitude. I know it's hard sometimes with the pain(I know)
My mood swings are in direct correlation to my bowel problems. This goes hand in hand with stress management.
Read about brain-gut connection.
2. Diet in my experience I try to stay away or limit my intake from the following:
-Alcohol beverages
-Beef- my stomach can't break it down very well causing solid BMs that can result in a fissure trying to pass.
-Red sauce(spaghetti, BBQ, ketchup)
-too much dairy
- things that contain high levels of acidity.
-high sodium foods
-nuts- the exit is bad
Good home remedies for continuing bad exits that wear out the exit tunnel. If you know what I mean.

A)Coconut oil hot baths. Work amazing
B)Switch to liquid diet for at least 4-5 days. BRAT diet works too just leave the toast out.
C) Dulcolax if you've already eaten bad for a couple days
D) this is going to sound stupid but belching can relief some pain in stomach.
Vaping can cause me to have gas because the swallowing of hot air and belching helps with that. Lol
3.Exercise is good, very good for BM.
4. Sleep, sleep,sleep. A good sleep.cycle can help tremendously.
If I can think of anything else I will add.

:peace:

Last edited:

StickyShisha2

In my old age, I can't eat the spicy foods i loved. It doesn't upset my tummy or repeat on me.
without being the first in this thread to go graphic, I'll just call it a burning ring of fire.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: CBDFarm

StretchMarx

Being crushed by pop is soda pressing.
I have Crohn's, diagnosed back in 2007, and it's been a pain off and on for awhile. Last year was particularly bad when it flared up to the point where I lost my job. Just getting back onto my feet now.

As for things I can't eat it's mostly really fibrous stuff like lettuce or corn. Lots of caffeine will also trigger it so I generally stick to teas.

CBDFarm

QUIT.
Yes I am just getting used to all this too and im in my early 20-mid 20's... And I have the stomach and intestines of a 60 year old! haha sucks man, I was so active as a kid/teen too, even sponsored by a few companies for skating. Never thought this would have happened to me. My mother has some form of IBS but is undiagnosed so I think it must has been past down. I was doing really bad when they kept thinking it was CHS I was at the hospital ER probably 10 times last year until they finally stuck cameras everywhere and were like "ohhhhh it's not CHS you are bleeding internally that's why you are in pain!" Well shitfire, couldnt have checked that 2 years earlier? LOL
Everyone tells me about the brat diet, I looked at it, and it seems weird as it has a lot of things on it I thought I couldn't eat(granted everything with these conditions seems to vary) They even say you can drink vodka on the brat diet LOL. It just confused me. I tend to stay away from fat,spicy, high in fiber foods, but I am not perfect. I cut out soda completely for awhile, but came back to it. Tea is my go to drink I finds really helps. I dont medicate with dry herb as it isn't strong enough for me, only wax. My doctor said with the SMA if I can gain weight I wont need the DJJ surgery(where they cut a piece of your intestine and move it to another intestine and attach it.) And I would need a feeding tube for a long time... Not a route I want to take... Here's to gaining weight! haha.

Danksta

I've had stomach issues for years. Had plenty of tests done and they have never been able to pinpoint why I feel the way I do. I get stomach pains when I'm hungry and pains after I eat. Cannabis has always taken care of that. I'm currently on a short T break and my god has it been rough stomach wise. Nothing else can touch this pain I feel. When I have my medicine daily it keeps my body in balance and I don't get stomach pains. It makes taking a T break really tough. I use for recreation and medical reasons, but this T break has made me realize I use it for as a medicine these days.

Danksta,

CBDFarm

QUIT.
I've had stomach issues for years. Had plenty of tests done and they have never been able to pinpoint why I feel the way I do. I get stomach pains when I'm hungry and pains after I eat. Cannabis has always taken care of that. I'm currently on a short T break and my god has it been rough stomach wise. Nothing else can touch this pain I feel. When I have my medicine daily it keeps my body in balance and I don't get stomach pains. It makes taking a T break really tough. I use for recreation and medical reasons, but this T break has made me realize I use it for as a medicine these days.
They have me on zofran and ativan(similar to xanax, but stronger) I tripped out when they gave me an anti-anxiety for nausea. But zofran is generally for cancer patients on chemo and I have to watch out, if I take too much it can lower my heart rate do much and badddddd things with occur haha, so i don't like to take them too often, but sometimes i have too because even wax doesn't do much to me when im having a really bad flare up. They have me on codine-aneceptiphen mix as well as hydrocodone for pain... SMA really sucks... I do hope I can get my weight up. I dont want a feeding tube lol.

This is a like for Superior Mesenteric Artery syndrome as most people have never heard of it as it's classified as a "rare disease" sadly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_mesenteric_artery_syndrome

Top Bottom