Infinity Jars

HighSeasSailor

https://infinityjars.com/

If you've seen Herb Preserve, you've seen this. Literally, they are the exact same product (and I'm not entirely sure Herb Preserve isn't the same company with a different branding for cannabis marketing). But what's notable is that Infinity Jars offers a few options Herb Preserve doesn't.

Relevant here, the cosmetics style jars:

https://infinityjars.com/collections/cosmetic-style-jars

I use a 50mL cosmetics jar for my fine grind vape preparation. The extra wide mouth and shallow jar are perfect for scooping out servings for the oven and a lot easier to get every bit out than a deeper cylinder without having to upend the jar. I've been able to fit 1 gram per 5mL of volume with a little light packing, so even these compact jars will hold an impressive supply, and I can toss it in a travel bag if I need to go out of town and know I have an adequate supply for many days.

I also use the 500mL apothecary jar for general storage. I can say that the glass seal is a lot nicer than you might expect, it's truly airtight with massive surface area, and contact is very smooth with no grind to it at all. Love everything about it, even the lid acts as an aroma catcher if you enjoy sampling that (who doesn't?). 500mL comfortably holds just about exactly 2 ounces of nugs, so you can estimate your size needs from that.

Lots of other great stuff available as well, droppers for your tincture needs, every imaginable size of screwtop jar, even an airtight glass dish.

The UV glass is excellent, it stays dark inside in any light, and you can't see what's inside. Because they're plain jars, they don't draw attention or suggest cannabis contents, and could also be disguised very easily as pretty much anything you can imagine just by adding a sticker.

I've already got a small collection going for whole flower, grinds, kief, and tincture, and I've used it both at home and for travelling. Give them a look, they're actually priced pretty reasonably compared to a lot of other premium container options and with a lot more options to suit your size preference.

Last edited:

HighSeasSailor

Really? Given the choice, you'd straight up choose a mason jar for all of those purposes?

Can I ask why? Seems like it would be a silly choice for pretty much anything I mentioned except raw nugs. I mean, if you're filling whole mason jars with kief, then I envy you for sure, but tincture?

HighSeasSailor,

throwawaytre3s

Really? Given the choice, you'd straight up choose a mason jar for all of those purposes?

Can I ask why? Seems like it would be a silly choice for pretty much anything I mentioned except raw nugs. I mean, if you're filling whole mason jars with kief, then I envy you for sure, but tincture?

Without a shadow of a doubt. It's best for smell proofing, and for vision (and light) proofing, they can easily be painted black. They come in so many different form factors and sizes, that there's one out there for almost every application. Need a jar for kief? Use a small widemouth 4oz half pint jar. Tincture stores perfectly fine in a mason jar, I don't see why it wouldn't? Another plus is that there's tons of other things for mason jars, from screen lid tools to screw on a strainer, and all sorts of stuff. I personally only need two jars, a half pint one for fresh bud, and a pint one for abv.

throwawaytre3s,

HighSeasSailor

Without a shadow of a doubt. It's best for smell proofing, and for vision (and light) proofing, they can easily be painted black. They come in so many different form factors and sizes, that there's one out there for almost every application. Need a jar for kief? Use a small widemouth 4oz half pint jar. Tincture stores perfectly fine in a mason jar, I don't see why it wouldn't? Another plus is that there's tons of other things for mason jars, from screen lid tools to screw on a strainer, and all sorts of stuff. I personally only need two jars, a half pint one for fresh bud, and a pint one for abv.

None of those things are advantages are they? Painting requires buying food safe paint and having access to facilities safe to paint in, just to achieve the same practical effect while looking obviously cheap (unless you're an artist, I'm not). "Stores perfectly fine" could be said of a used water bottle; a jar has a huge mouth that you could drop the dropper right into, and then you have a mess. The universal screwtop is a plus, but why would I want a strainer attachment on a jar for storing vape grind?

The jars I'm using for fine vape grind are 50mL, about a quarter the size of a 4 oz mason jar (yet the same width as a 16 oz mason jar) and it still holds a week supply for a single heavy user. Obviously everyone's method varies, I personally keep most of my stash as whole buds and only grind up 5-10 grams at a time for vaping and store it for easy scooping when desired. I've certainly never owned 30-40 grams of kief at one time, much as I wish I could brag that I have.

If you're just saying you're content with mason jars for bud, I feel you. I did that for years, it's cheap and effective. Since trying these though, I would not be content with them, especially for the purposes I recommend them for.

HighSeasSailor,
Top Bottom