Increased risk/association between marijuana usage and testicular cancer?

florduh

I notice one of those studies noticed a lower incidence of ball cancer among coke users.

I also loved the intro to one said "there's been an increase in ball cancer over the past 60 years" and their first thought was weed, not that we've exponentially increased amount of poison corporate America has pumped into the air we breathe and food we eat over that same time period.

Last edited:

noobvaperct

I notice one of those studies noticed a lower incidence of ball cancer among coke users.

I also loved the intro to one said "there's been an increase in ball cancer over the past 60 years" and their first thought was weed, not that we've exponentially increased amount of poison corporate America has pumped into the air we breathe and food we eat over that same time period.
My man.

noobvaperct,
Reactions: florduh

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

And those very poison pushers have owned the entire scientific consensus for the last 100 years.

The healthcare industry is probably the most fraudulent in the entire world. (see Pfizer)

The facts regarding cigarette smoking was suppressed for decades, because the American Medical Association's #1 donor was the Phillip Morris company.

It's well known amongst the scientific community that "peer review" is used to stifle anything that doesn't fit said GovCorpo funded scientific consensus.

Nobel Prize winner and Princeton Psychology professor on "theory-induced blindness."

daniel-kahneman-quote-lbk4t1w.jpg

noobvaperct

So how do you spot a solid study then? I love this dialogue. I'm going to get blasted with my TM2 tonight to celebrate.

noobvaperct,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So how do you spot a solid study then? I love this dialogue. I'm going to get blasted with my TM2 tonight to celebrate.

The weaker studies often give themselves away just by reading them in full. Like the ones that attempt to assert that cannabis usage will induce psychosis.

The more published research you read, the easier it becomes to make inferences, provided appropriate scientific literacy of the topic.

Real science that actually follows the scientific method is demonstrable, observable, and repeatable. It does not fear questioning, it invites it. That said, some branches of science have morphed entirely into philosophy these days, so it really just depends! :whoa:

noobvaperct

The weaker studies often give themselves away just by reading them in full. Like the ones that attempt to assert that cannabis usage will induce psychosis.

The more published research you read, the easier it becomes to make inferences, provided appropriate scientific literacy of the topic.

Real science that actually follows the scientific method is demonstrable, observable, and repeatable. It does not fear questioning, it invites it. That said, some branches of science have morphed entirely into philosophy these days, so it really just depends! :whoa:
So you also think these studies are bogus because of p-hacking? Or truly think they're bogus because of some other reason?

noobvaperct,

GoldenBud

all the studies above has nothing to do with vaporization, which occurs at maximum temperature of 240C degrees, while smoking is around 500C-700C

and I believe most of them don't include enough data for giving a conclusion, or something is fishy about them as discussed in this thread already

R1ng0

My answer is this Stress kills you no two ways about it, herb de-stresses you vaping herbs de-stresses and relaxes you.
Fact I gave up herb twice in my life 1st time my ex wife went out and scored for me, 2nd time you guessed it is why my ex is my ex wife I ended up divorced, I have a very stressful job I'd rather be dressed and happy then divorced and skint lol...

GoldenBud

@R1ng0
i think the question is if Cannabis, THC, CBD, ofc 70% of the dry herb is not CBD/THC but something else like chrolophyll etc', is a substance that can lead to any kind of cancer. I think the opposite is true. but again, until we don't see a research about edibles/vaporization ONLY, there isn't a conclusion, not even close. Smoking is definately bad to our body and most of us know it.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

R1ng0

@R1ng0
i think the question is if Cannabis, THC, CBD, ofc 70% of the dry herb is not CBD/THC but something else like chrolophyll etc', is a substance that can lead to any kind of cancer. I think the opposite is true. but again, until we don't see a research about edibles/vaporization ONLY, there isn't a conclusion, not even close. Smoking is definately bad to our body and most of us know it.
I have been vaping a long time I started with a wicked roots vape which was the am dam gold cup winner from many years ago. So at least 10 years possibly longer October 2009 I have watched many friends fall victim to smoking related illnesses and during that time, I have helped switched many over to vaping. None of my friends which is now 6 have gotten Ill in the same time, compared to the ones that continued to smoke. Two of which are no longer with us, so based on my experience vaping is definitely the safer of the two. But that's just MVHO and opinions are like assholes we all have one and noone likes to think theirs is full of shite. :) Sooo for me I'll stick to vaping at 190c which works for Me...

Peace

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Similarly you can have too many antioxidants.
but when you eat something like a Red Bell Pepper, even if you eat 5 of them per day, it's still 90% water and 9% of carbs, so the concentration of antioxidants is very very low.... how can you overdose antioxidants? in a sane way....not taking pills of antioxidants, or something like that....

GoldenBud,

florduh

Personally, I always take these longitudinal studies with a grain of salt. Very hard to isolate variables.

These studies are all also over a decade old. Like others have pointed out, if weed made your balls fall off CNN wouldn't have been able to shut the fuck up about it. Plus, fuck tons of States went legal since then. If this link was remotely proven, the prohibitionists would've been crowing about it night and day.

noobvaperct

@R1ng0

This is true - one thing they never talk about is the quality of the herb. Obviously the preferred herb comes from dispensaries where you can count on the quality of what you're vaping versus street shit.

One other thing though. Someone said there is no chemical reaction/change when you vape weed like there is when you smoke it which releases the free radicals that harms the body and can lead to cancer over time. How can this be when herb completely changes when vaped? I know it's like baking it, but you literally change everything about it as you vape it. How are free radicals not released during that process?

noobvaperct,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

How can this be when herb completely changes when vaped?
the trichomes are being converted into gas, vapor (without any chemical reaction ,physical change only)
that's why low grade weed will bring less vapor
the chlorophyll has higher boiling point than THCA/CBDA, higher than ~240C hence it stays as ABV

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
One other thing to consider is that science is not a scientist sitting is her / his lab brooding over some issue and then suddenly discovering some groundbreaking solution or finding. It's more like an ongoing conversation, only not about opinions (hopefully), but about facts. That also means that *one* study, even if it's well done, peer-reviewed etc. still is only one paper. Good research does indeed

[...] not fear questioning, it invites it.

That is one major key factor for me to distinguish between bs and science.

florduh

I find it odd that a self reported, longitudinal survery found a link between cannabis and ball cancer when cannabis is observed to kill cancer cells.

GoldenBud

@florduh I do think that THC is good for people's skin. I do think that CBD is good for the skin. I am not sure that THC after the Liver's conversion to Hydro-11-THC is good for the colon. Not sure at all. the Liver releases some by-products, I think, I don't think the conversion of THC to Hydro-11-THC is 100%, some by-products may be released as well. and the colon have to "deal with it" . I need to research the internet to see if there's any information about it, it's a very interesting topic and if anyone has information - please share it here.

If I was eating a good amount of THC (more than ~40mg) I felt my digestion is not as usual and the body "suffers" . (5-12 hours after eating the edible)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: florduh

R1ng0

I would agree when I have a large amount of brownies I have a queasy stomach but vaping them never, and when I had mushroom choccy brownies lol well surely that's the mushies

noobvaperct

I find it odd that a self reported, longitudinal survery found a link between cannabis and ball cancer when cannabis is observed to kill cancer cells.

So weed kills colon cancer/polyps? I love this plant.

noobvaperct,
Top Bottom