Increased pain when vaping?

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Melizzard said:
Maybe this "top shelf" strain is, indeed, too much ... maybe it's got a high enough content that I can overmedicate with just one hit. Too bad the dispensary is an hour away! :(

Melissa
dont worry...the PD will help you soon :)

Hennessy1414,

lwien

bluntfaced said:
Beezleb said:
Bluntfaced, I would think you felt more pain because as you laid down and relaxed the adrenalin would wear off and you kind of stabilize a bit.
Not the first time I've fallen on my bike dude I know the difference between adrenaline waearing off and crazy weird high pains. Like I said, I vaped because I knew the adenaline was gonna wear off.

You guys sure like to try to prove people wrong.
Ok, I'm gonna prove you wrong that we try to prove people wrong. ;) (tongue in cheek, kinda)

While there may be a few of us that do what you are suggesting above, most of us will offer counter input so that either new members who are looking for a vape get a more well rounded perspective, or that they get correct facts rather than opinions.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
one thing I have noticed concerning pain and MJ use, if I consume alot I will actually focus on the pain instead of ignoring it. which does not make it hurt more (for me at least)... I was just more aware of what was hurting and where. but this only happens when I consume more than I need at that time.

DevoTheStrange,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
one thing i recall reading about mj and pain releif, a smaller amount will help relieve pain, but larger doses can tend to make pain worse

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Melizzard

Hey, I just wanted to thank you all for the help here ... as it turns out, I WAS overmedicated, by virtue of the heaviness of the strain I was using. I took it back yesterday and got a lesser indica (not a kush) and all the owie muscles went bye bye! ;)

Thanks a TON!
Melissa

Melizzard,

Melizzard

I don't think these names are replicated anywhere else ... seems like they name them or something. But one is Rascal OG Kush and the other is Grapefruit

Melissa

Melizzard,

lwien

Melizzard said:
Hey, I just wanted to thank you all for the help here ... as it turns out, I WAS overmedicated, by virtue of the heaviness of the strain I was using. I took it back yesterday and got a lesser indica (not a kush) and all the owie muscles went bye bye! ;)

Thanks a TON!
Melissa
Congrats. Super glad you were able to find the best dosage and meds.

All the best, Melissa.

lwien,

rukus13

I concur try a different strain and vape at a higher temp. Also not all indica's are equal. In reality most of what you are getting is a hybrid of some sort and everyone reacts differently. I try to avoid the strong sativa's because of anxiety issues but have had some indica's that are just as bad. You really just have to experiment and find a favorite strain. It will be much easier once you grow your own as you'll know what you are getting. The guy behind the counter could be totally full of it and who can correct him really? You could also try several strains and do some mixing to see if you find a good combination. For example I prefer the indica's but to much leads to depression so I mix a bit of a more sativa dominant strain to ward this off a little and balance it out. Definitely get a PD or MZ though as the bowls are so small you can easily control your dosage once you find something that works. Just gotta do some experimenting. Thats half the fun though it sucks when your obviously in pain. Wish there was a cookie cutter answer.

EDIT: Oh duuuuh you already found the answer never mind. Glad you found some relief. Guess I glossed over the end of the thread. Thanks for pointing it out lwien.

EDIT:: Actually I was just so vaked off the MZ I didn't realize there was a second page lol. Shame on me.

rukus13,

lwien

rukus13 said:
I concur try a different strain and vape at a higher temp. Also not all indica's are equal. In reality most of what you are getting is a hybrid of some sort and everyone reacts differently. I try to avoid the strong sativa's because of anxiety issues but have had some indica's that are just as bad. You really just have to experiment and find a favorite strain. It will be much easier once you grow your own as you'll know what you are getting. The guy behind the counter could be totally full of it and who can correct him really? You could also try several strains and do some mixing to see if you find a good combination. For example I prefer the indica's but to much leads to depression so I mix a bit of a more sativa dominant strain to ward this off a little and balance it out. Definitely get a PD or MZ though as the bowls are so small you can easily control your dosage once you find something that works. Just gotta do some experimenting. Thats half the fun though it sucks when your obviously in pain. Wish there was a cookie cutter answer.
See post #30. It looks like she already found the answer.

lwien,

Melizzard

No Rukus, I appreciate it! The problem here is the local dispensary doesn't always have the same stuff. So if I find a strain I like, it doesn't mean that it'll be there when I need more, as I have experienced 3-4 times now. And they're an hour's drive away from me, so that double sucks! LOL

The other problem I'm finding is that the strain names, at my dispensary, I'm not seeing duplicated anywhere on any seed sites ... so I don't know where they're getting these names. It's quite a bummer ... my brother is starting to grow his own, so hopefully he can find a way to hook me up with some so that, if I like his strains, I can just buy the same seeds.

Melissa

Melizzard,

rukus13

Hmm by chance do they sell clones? I've not familiar with the whole dispensary thing as I'm in a state with draconian laws. I thought I read in the past people buying clones but maybe thats just a Cali thing. Might be worth checking into though. Besides if your a first timer its gonna be easier to keep a clone alive. Seedlings are pretty fragile so buy something cheap or better yet get some bag seed to practice before you dish out any real cash.

rukus13,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
most dispensaries stock california bred strains that are clone-only, the best thing you can probably do is ask the people at the dispensaries what strains they reccommend for pain, usually they will know what theyre talking about

theres genetic variation between different plants of the same strain that are grown from seed, and each batch can vary quite a bit, there are a lot of unknown variables so sticking to one stain name may not be the best option

Acolyte of Zinglon,

sohel001

I have a Vaporwarez 3G and lately I've been having some issues that might sound strange.

First, I have TMJ in my jaw from medication-induced nighttime grinding. It seems when I use the vap and make that pulling/sucking motion on the mouthpiece it aggravates the TMJ pain.

Also, I smoked cigs for 15 years before quitting. I am now 30 and notice very clear smokers wrinkles around my mouth from dragging on cigs. However, I also notice that hitting the vap makes the same mouth motion which is likely to make these wrinkles worse. So...

I need to know if there are any vaps that do not require you to make a sucking/pulling motion with your mouth in order to extract vapor. Like one that just shoots the vapor into your mouth or something. Sounds silly but these issues are disrupting my vaping enjoyment. I love vaping and will never go back to smoking, but I need a different way.

sohel001,

Melizzard

sohel001 said:
I need to know if there are any vaps that do not require you to make a sucking/pulling motion with your mouth in order to extract vapor. Like one that just shoots the vapor into your mouth or something. Sounds silly but these issues are disrupting my vaping enjoyment. I love vaping and will never go back to smoking, but I need a different way.
Arizer Extreme ... it has whip and 3 fan settings ... you can let the vape do all the work! :)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,
Top Bottom