In your opinion whats the best portable for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandawok56

Hi I'm new to the forums and was looking for some user experiences to help me decide on a new portable vape to replace my old iolite. I loved my iolite, when I first got it I thought it was the greatest thing in the world and used it everywhere, but then the new-toy-feeling fell away and the cons started to show. The hissing was a big problem for me. It's a noticeably loud hissing imo and could easily cause suspicion which is obviously unwanted, but many times I got away with a "it's a walkie talkie" which surprisingly people believed and many of my friends joked about. Having to rely on butane was also somewhat of a pain to me because I'm out of my house for most if not all day, but I used my iolite often so I had to carry around a can of butane with me. I don't have a car either so you can see the annoyance of having a can in you pocket or carrying a bag around all day long just for some butane. The smell was pretty strong in my opinion too, not jut the smell of vaped herb but another odd smell. I have a very bad sense of smell though which doesn't really help.

So I've done a lot of research and I'm currently leading towards The DaVinci, but I've been also looking at the Arizer Solo and VaporBLUNT. I'm looking for something that is silent or as close as can be, with minimal smell and portability, but I also want something that produces quality vapor for its size, price, etc. The Arizer Solo is on sale for $170 right now which is a pretty good deal but i can also get the DaVinci on sale at $210, is the Davinci worth $40 more in your opinion? In your opinion what vape best fits what I'm looking for? Am I right to go with the DaVinci? Feel free to tell me the pros and cons of any other vape I should look at.

Hope this post makes sense, it's quite early in the morning where I am. Waiting for 4:20am on 4/20 to start my day :zzz:

pandawok56,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
How long do you want a charge to last? Because I don't think the Solo, VB (please forget that one) or DV will hold a charge long enough for you to use it an entire day if your Iolite had to be refilled for one day of use. And with that in mind it's probably easier and quicker to refill that one than a battery operated unit, unless you have a car or a solar-bag perhaps.

You could get a Thermovape or MFLB and bring extra batteries though, but I don't think that's the solution you're looking for. Two Solo's will be a lot to carry too, difficult one this is.. :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

Sluffy

im in the same boat as you. ive had a iolite and a mflb. i am also leaning towards the davinci pretty strongly at the moment. the only other options i see as viable are the new thermovape flower cart or the persei "8".

what i really want is the MiVape but it isnt coming out until december i think.

btw, where can i get a warranty covered Davinci for 210$?

Sluffy,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
... I used my iolite often so I had to carry around a can of butane with me. I don't have a car either so you can see the annoyance of having a can in you pocket or carrying a bag around all day long just for some butane.
Maybe a bit late if you're getting a new vape, but I found these small butane cannisters to be refillable with premium iolite suitable butane and easy to carry around in a pocket. ;
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/portable-butane-refills.3717/

It would allow a much longer run than a battery model for if you're away from power for a long time.

WatTyler,

Darb

I reccomend the Persei.
I have a few of the others suggested and nothing compares to the Persei.
Rigt now it's only for concentrates but flower attachments are in the near future and I'm confident that they will be the best.

Darb,

vape4life

Banned for life
Solo or maybe davinci... I think solo is probably the better value if you get one for $200 or less.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
The DaVinci is my new favorite portable. My iolite will become just a backup. The Solo is extremely popular and the favorite of many. But the DV is a stealthly pocket portable and the Solo is more of a home vape that's very portable but so stealthy unless you take measures to disguise it in a cup or something. The first thing you need to decide is how and where you intend to use a portable. If you want a pocket portable you can use like the iolite, but with no hissing, IMO the DV fits the bill the best. It's very easy to use. Hits are thicker. Taste at the end of the bowl is better. And it's a legitimate essential oil diffuser, for even better stealth. If bigger hits (closer to a legit home vape experience) are your priority, then the Solo would be better for you.

pandawok56

How long do you want a charge to last? Because I don't think the Solo, VB (please forget that one) or DV will hold a charge long enough for you to use it an entire day if your Iolite had to be refilled for one day of use.

I was thinking of just carrying around the charger with me and use one of those wall outlet to car charger things because I'm usually in someone's car, I just tend to hop from car to car which is a hassle.
the only other options i see as viable are the new thermovape flower cart or the persei "8".

btw, where can i get a warranty covered Davinci for 210$?

I like the Thermovape but $250 seems a little steep for what seems like a large e-cig from the videos I've seen.

Sorry I was mistaken, You can get a DaVinci for $220 at VapeWorld if use the FC discount code. It's 12% off :tup:

pandawok56,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, in that case I would go with the Solo or DV.

With the DV you can charge and vape with one PSU, the Solo needs two different ones for that (plus adds another 49$ for the extra Solo PSU).

But the DV is barely out so I'm still la bit reserved in recommending it. It looks good but you may want to wait out a few more reviews.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: vape4life

pandawok56

Ah, in that case I would go with the Solo or DV.

With the DV you can charge and vape with one PSU, the Solo needs two different ones for that (plus adds another 49$ for the extra Solo PSU).

But the DV is barely out so I'm still la bit reserved in recommending it. It looks good but you may want to wait out a few more reviews.
Yea that was another huge pro for the DV. But I'm also starting to feel like the Solo has a lot of pros as well. Anybody think they could put together what pros and cons you think either the DV, Solo or both? The Solo, i feeel like, has countless reviews and recomendations, but the like you said, the DV is new so much of the praise could just be that new-toy-feel.

pandawok56,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
How about the new Thermovape Evolution? It just came out and sells for 150$, although not so cloudy has the solo, it seems to have a good extraction relative to bowl size, with an even ABV and the taste is quite acceptable.

I am also on the look out for a new portable and been going back and forth between the Solo, NO2, Thermovape, Persei 8 and the DaVinci.

From what i gather the best taste comes from the Solo, the TV and the Persei win in the Stealth Category. The NO2 is IMO a good all-around, with a competitive price but not as Stealth as the rest.

The DaVinci, a bit like the NO2 is a good all-around, stealthier than most and with taste and battery life on par with the Solo.

vorrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm super anal and picky with my vapes and buy, try, and sell quite often until I figure it out. I've been through the evolution of the Solo and although it didn't start out great, it's been pretty much refined and I think it's the best portable out there. I love the glass stems, i'm not a fan of silicone which the DV has.

The DV has alot of promise and JRR initial reviews have been stellar, same with Max. However I still have a feeling that the Solo hits better/harder, is easier to clean/maintain, and the product IS very new.

Personally, I love my Solo and won't be parting with it anytime soon, BUT because I have to try everything, the DV would be on that list...especially at $220 with the FC discount. I'll wait for more reviews and then maybe pull the trigger as it does look like great pocket portable.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
Yea that was another huge pro for the DV. But I'm also starting to feel like the Solo has a lot of pros as well. Anybody think they could put together what pros and cons you think either the DV, Solo or both? The Solo, i feeel like, has countless reviews and recomendations, but the like you said, the DV is new so much of the praise could just be that new-toy-feel.
I've already said it once. I guess I need to repeat myself, perhaps a little louder. THE DAVINCI AND THE SOLO ARE NOT IN THE SAME PORTABLE CATEGORY-APPLES AND ORANGES. IF YOU WANT A HOME VAPE (THAT'S PORTABLE) WITH THE BIGGER HITS IT CAN PROVIDE, GET THE SOLO. IF POCKET PORTABILITY/STEALTH ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU, THE DV IS GREAT IMO.

Do people agonize over buying a 4 cylinder sports car vs. a hybrid? No. They decide how they're gonna drive first-fast or thrifty. Decide how you want to use a vape, then the choice is much easier. ;)

max,

pandawok56

I've already said it once. I guess I need to repeat myself, perhaps a little louder. THE DAVINCI AND THE SOLO ARE NOT IN THE SAME PORTABLE CATEGORY-APPLES AND ORANGES. IF YOU WANT A HOME VAPE (THAT'S PORTABLE) WITH THE BIGGER HITS IT CAN PROVIDE, GET THE SOLO. IF POCKET PORTABILITY/STEALTH ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU, THE DV IS GREAT IMO.

Do people agonize over buying a 4 cylinder sports car vs. a hybrid? No. They decide how they're gonna drive first-fast or thrifty. Decide how you want to use a vape, then the choice is much easier. ;)
I get that there in different categories but see I'm gonna be using them both at home and out and about. Stealth doesn't matter much to me but pocket-portability does, which goes to the DV. But I'd like to have something that delivers and lasts quite a while because I don't have the cash to buy all the vapes I want otherwise this would be easier haha, and I can tell the Solo's been a favorite by many people for a while.

I really want the DV for some reason but the Solo is much cheaper and on sale today for $170. I'm really torn between the two. I like the discretion and display on the DV and the overall layout, plus Leonardo da Vinci is one of my favorite artists, inventor, etc, and being able to say I have the Davinci puts a smile on my face :smug: but it is fairly new and I don't want to end up with something that turns to junk in the long run. For those that do have the DV, is the straw too short? Maybe its just me but from the pictures and videos I've seen, the straw seems really short. If so, do you know a good way to extend them? like using a bigger silicone tube or something? And can you adapt it to hit through a bong or something like that? I know it new but hopefully someone's been experimenting.

The Solo seems to mostly everyone's favorite or go to portable. Even though it's not ideally portable, I like the glass tube that it uses. I like that it too has different temps, but I prefer the display over lights, maybe seeing the exact number gives me peace at mind or something. I also feel like the Solo would be an awkward shape to put in my pocket. For those that have them, is it an awkward thing to carry around? Also I've read that there are different glass pieces that allow it to fit into other pieces or do other things, but I'm not really sure what, could some elaborate on this for me?

Do either of them make a smell other than the smell of the vapor. I mean for example, when the iolite hissed, it gave off a faint smell, I can;t remember exactly what was happening when it hisses but I believe it releases water vapor or something, correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I used it. But when it did this it gave off a faint smell that my friends could smell around me. I personally couldn't smell it because I have a terrible sense of smell, but they said it wasn't an herby scent, but it wasn't that popcorn smell either. I'm not really sure what the smell is but maybe others have experienced this.

I appreciate all the help. This is an incredibly helpful forum full of very helpful and nice people which I feel is hard to find on forums nowadays.

pandawok56,

vape4life

Banned for life
you would do yourself a favour looking around the solo and davinci threads and searching more, but i'll add some more. Personally IMHO the two are not apples and oranges. My Solo is used quite stealthily as a pocket vape without concern whatsoever. Sure it won't slip into your back jeans pocket like the DV maybe, but it fits in a front pocket, cargo, hoodie, jacket whatever. You can turn it on and it doesn't even get warm. I keep preloaded stems in my pockets too no problem. With the PV stealth adapter, I think it's even more stealth than the DV. I've sat on patios hitting the solo.... and even without the PV adapter, it's just an electronic cigarette :)

My first priority is vapour quality/density hit size, etc. I personally wouldn't want thinner hits from a MFLB, and i'm not sure how much thinner the DV vapour hits are compared to Solo. AFAIK i'm not sure if Max has used the Solo but he does seem confident it hits harder. JRR on the other hand isn't so sure of that and he owns both so i'm still waiting to hear back.

IMO you should go with the Solo, see how you like it and you can always get the DV later or sell the Solo. I haven't ruled the DV out, but am waiting alot more to see more reviews etc before I decide. Not sure how their customer service/warranty is like either, but Arizer is quite an established company and do not disappoint with customer service.

My solo doesn't have a faint bit of any smell except for the vapour. ABV does get in the unit though and I would personally take it apart and get rid of the ABV before it does start to smell.

vape4life,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom