Discontinued Impcognito

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just got mine today and that was the resistance of mine as well. Im wondering if we just tweak the ohm setting in arcticfox?

If you both have that resistance I would guess it is normal? Presuming you're probably using different mods too... I believe mine is lower, but that doesn't mean yours is off, I probably posted mine somewhere in here... Just lock cold resistance, tweak TCR.

djchexxx

If you both have that resistance I would guess it is normal? Presuming you're probably using different mods too... I believe mine is lower, but that doesn't mean yours is off, I probably posted mine somewhere in here... Just lock cold resistance, tweak TCR.
Thanks! I haven't been into mods for a really long time and kinda out of the loop. Im using a PICO 75 with arctic fox. Should I lock the resistance at 0.23 as suggested on mistvapes site or at the 0.18?

Should I adjust TCR up or down? Currently at 115

djchexxx,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Shit Snacks

Thanks! I haven't been into mods for a really long time and kinda out of the loop. Im using a PICO 75 with arctic fox. Should I lock the resistance at 0.23 as suggested on mistvapes site or at the 0.18?

Where did you read the .18? Honestly I guess it does very, different mods read it differently, I think I did set it at the 0.23 like mist instructs... I think mine settled around 115 for TCR, You can adjust up or down by a couple and see how it feels keeping the temperature at one setting you know... The thing is you want to avoid the coils glowing, the benefit of temp control, see you kind of have to do a little trial and error to set it up.

Ipe17

I am running my impcognito at TCR 195, 35W and the resistance locked 0.005 above cold resistance reading.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Check that your coil windings are not touching each others. With SS, unless they are super oxidized, this creates partial shorts and lowers the overall resistance. Strumming gently the windings with a wooden toothpick is often enough to ensure they are evenly spaced.

Mine reads 0.21 to 0.22 depending on room temperature. But it's possible you got a batch that are really 0.18. As long as you lock the reading on a cold coil, you should be good. Offsetting is just a mean to get a more realistic temperature reading on screen, but you can just go by the vapor output and when you find a satisfying setting, just note the temperature displayed and remember it's "the right one" for you. :)

PS: I still love my Impcognito as well as the Imp, it's my most used vape. Very consistent, never misses a beat. 14mm straight tubes are the right size for me as far as portables go (same as used in the Nomad btw) 14mm GonGs are too small and clog too much, 18mm too wide open and the hot air irritates my throat. For that cooling length (standard long stem), 14mm straight is the sweet spot. In order to enjoy 18mm I need more length like in the Zion, too much of the "sucking on a hair drier" effect otherwise.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@mistvaporizer The description of the coils on the site says it's for the Imp series. Does the Imp and Impcognito use the same coils?
Yeah, I'm actually pretty sure that they use the same decks too

I'm not 100% sure the decks are interchangeable, but yeah the coils are the same, the only difference really is the body shape and size!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

djchexxx

So I figured it out thanks to all of you guys here. Running arctic fox on pico 75. My cold resistance was 0.176 so I locked it in on that. Set my TCR to 185 and followed the rest of mistvapes instructions to a T. I must say, this thing rips fucking hard. Must be one of my hardest hitting vapes. Def tempted to pick up another one.

Thanks mistvape :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
So I figured it out thanks to all of you guys here. Running arctic fox on pico 75. My cold resistance was 0.176 so I locked it in on that. Set my TCR to 185 and followed the rest of mistvapes instructions to a T. I must say, this thing rips fucking hard. Must be one of my hardest hitting vapes. Def tempted to pick up another one.

Thanks mistvape :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
That's what I was missing, I had the TCR wrong but now that i'm @ 185 like yours this thing is rippin!

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
That does seem like a pretty high TCR number, but whatever works, if the coil isn't glowing and your performance is accurate!
Yeah it’s way higher then I imagined it would be. Resistance locked at .19 which was the cold reading I got. But coils aren’t glowing and it’s producing good quality hits and even/dark roasted herb.

Shit Snacks

Hey folks,

I'm thinking about picking up an Imp or Impcognito as my "luxury" portable when I don't need the durability of a metal Dynavap (around town, walking the dog, things like that). I'm not an e cig user, so I don't really know anything about mods, but I'm relatively tech savvy so I don't anticipate having problems flashing firmware and configuring TCR and such. I posted in Ask FC, but figured this thread might have more specific info on a few questions I had:

* Are there any real world differences between the Imp and Impcognito (besides maybe using lower power or temp because the coils are closer on the imp)? I e-mailed Dave @ Mistvape and he mentioned having a few OG Imps that are now listed, so its still an option. If I'm being honest, I prefer the wood available on the smaller size, and ideally I'd like the mod + vape + stem to be relatively pocket friendly so the Impcognito has my attention, but if the Imp has dramatically better vapor I'm open to compromise.

* Any mod recommendations? Ideally I'd like the option to use the Tubo or Arctic Fox firmware--Tubo seems to be the preference skimming this thread, and its what MV recommends if its an option, though Dave did tell me AF works swell. This is complicated by the fact that a lot of them seem to be sold out these days. I've gotten a few recommendations in Ask FC: Wismec Sinuous P80, Joytech Tubo Evic, Eleaf Pico, and the Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual. The last one is the only one I can find in stock, but I'm just googling--if anyone can compare any of these or point me to some trusted vendors with good cx I'm all ears! Again, really just want compatibility with Tubo/AF firmware and preferably pocketable (my phone is plenty large though, so my definition of pocketable is really just that I can fit it in a side pocket in a pair of jeans).

I think that really covers it. I'm curious how the Imp family compares to the other top tier portables, but I'm not sure if those kinds of conversations are really welcomed in vape specific threads, so I'll let it be. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Yo just wanted to quote you here as well, since they are separate threads, I only tried the regular imp once, with MrMist (his own unit), before setting up my impcognito on my own later (I think we used his as well but that day was a blur as we were testing many fresh picked herbs too lol) anyway I didn't really notice a difference I don't think (imp was in tubo on evic and cognito in arctic fox on aster), they are both equally capable so if you want the smaller size and you like the wood of the impcognito that are available now I think that is what you should get??

The only thing is if you end up getting G3D mod for Tubo, it will be really small sitting on it, I feel like the regular input would be slightly better fit for that mod, but yeah it still wouldn't be as compact... Also since that is a two battery mod, it is going to be heavier, but yeah you will not have to charge for several days probably! Also I just realized mine is on the AsterRT which also has two batteries so yeah, amazing battery life, I think getting that would be a fine idea!

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Shit Snacks

Re: "The only thing is if you end up getting G3D mod for Tubo, it will be really small sitting on it, I feel like the regular input would be slightly better fit for that mod, but yeah it still wouldn't be as compact..."

Are you just meaning that either the imp/impcognito would be a small...idk, "bowl" on top of the G3D?

I'm not necessarily sold on the G3D btw. Is the Sinuous P80 dramatically better or just more compact or something? I managed to hunt one down, its just going for about double the price of the G3D, but I thought it was also a two battery mod. Seems that it also supports Tubo or AF firmware. I'm not even strictly sold on Tubo's firmware except that most users here and Dave suggest it might be a better place to start.

I'll have to look into the AsterRT. As long as its reasonably pocketable its fine, but my phone is one of Apple's + varieties and I've gotten used to it in my pockets, so a double battery mod isn't a huge con unless its muuuuuuuch larger than I'm thinking.

Edit: I guess I haven’t done much research, but what is the battery life like for either of these units? I know it will vary based on temp one vapes at, just like a ballpark for a single/dual battery mod. On the battery topic, some of these advertise circuits to allow charging in the mod, while I see lots of people claim that it’s a bad idea. Would I need to just plan on buying an external charger as well?

Last edited:
gordontreeman,

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks

Re: "The only thing is if you end up getting G3D mod for Tubo, it will be really small sitting on it, I feel like the regular input would be slightly better fit for that mod, but yeah it still wouldn't be as compact..."

Are you just meaning that either the imp/impcognito would be a small...idk, "bowl" on top of the G3D?

I just meant the imp itself, the cognito will just look like a tiny little guy on the G3D, but the G3D is pretty compact itself, so yeah I would say just ignore that comment entirely, it would go well together regardless!

I'm not necessarily sold on the G3D btw. Is the Sinuous P80 dramatically better or just more compact or something?

I have found it a bit better in my limited experience setting up splinter temp control at least, but yeah it is more lightweight because it only uses one battery the P80, and I find the button a little more ergonomic as the whole screen is the button, and it being a little taller, the shape and heaviness and the small size of the G3D and its button placement make it a little less ergonomic for me personally...

I managed to hunt one down, its just going for about double the price of the G3D, but I thought it was also a two battery mod.

Oh yeah P80 is only a single battery mod, G3D is a dual, so if that is a factor for you, the imp is not a battery hog so either way! How much are the prices you found? Both should be $30 ish ideally

Seems that it also supports Tubo or AF firmware. I'm not even strictly sold on Tubo's firmware except that most users here and Dave suggest it might be a better place to start.

They both can do the same kind of things, slight differences, AF is nice if you want to set stuff up with profiles, and configure on the computer (though you can configure on the mod as well) AF has a cruise limited to 60 seconds called AutoFire, you can set it to whatever, tubo has cruise that can go longer and can also be a temp step or a warm up (not necessary here, remember it is designed for a different heater)

I'll have to look into the AsterRT. As long as its reasonably pocketable its fine, but my phone is one of Apple's + varieties and I've gotten used to it in my pockets, so a double battery mod isn't a huge con unless its muuuuuuuch larger than I'm thinking.

Oh you are not going to find the aster I don't think it's been discontinued for a long while, I was lucky enough to get one of the last ones at the time when I got it, it's nice because it's a side-by-side mod and it fits the impcognito perfectly, Works with Arctic Fox and has two internal batteries non-replaceable, unfortunately since mine doesn't get that much use I don't know how well those batteries work now or will in the long term for me lol

Shit Snacks,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah unfortunately the p80 was $60 vs ~$30 for the G3D. $60 isn’t soooooo much in the grand scheme of things, but for a first mod and double the price I’d hope it offers a real and notable upgrade over the g3d—seems to only be priced so high because it’s hard to find 😞

Shit Snacks

Yeah unfortunately the p80 was $60 vs ~$30 for the G3D. $60 isn’t soooooo much in the grand scheme of things, but for a first mod and double the price I’d hope it offers a real and notable upgrade over the g3d—seems to only be priced so high because it’s hard to find 😞

Oh could be worse, yeah that is discontinued stock pricing, honestly if you can afford it, I would just get both, because chances are you will like one more than the other and that is hard to know until you have both in your hands... Also if you want one battery or two?? the G3D is a fine value play though!

Top Bottom