Image hosting

GetLeft

2020-06-26 Update: FC is back. This thread was moved over from NewFC. Image hosting will be activated soon.

I haven't posted an image here yet. Before I try, NewFC does not have the hosting site limitations that FC had, correct?

EDIT: All right so I read a little. Quoting pakalolo's No Classifieds message just for kicks:

We decided not to host a Classifieds sub-forum in order to avoid problems with image hosting sites, particularly imgur.com. FC was blocked by imgur for violating their terms of service, in that we were using their site for commercial purposes. This is actually forbidden by all of the image hosting sites, but apparently FC did not create enough traffic on any of the others to attract their notice. The banning led to an incredible amount of link rot in all parts of FC, not just the Classifieds.

We have no means of controlling where images in Classifieds originate. Although we are experimenting with hosting images here, we cannot block image links to other hosting sites. In fact, we encourage you to use external links because the space and bandwidth consumed by local images could easily get out of control. We do not want to be forced to stop image hosting. It's a popular service but if it gets too popular, that's what we'll have to do.

We are considering ways to continue to provide a Classifieds service. You can post ideas about how to do this here. In the meantime, the FC Classifieds will not be closed until FC goes dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
GetLeft,
Reactions: Summer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Testing an upload of a file I recently created for the old FC, no I just need to update the URL on it.

Attachments

• E79317D5-1501-4F4F-95E9-BC79ADAC18E7.jpeg
    E79317D5-1501-4F4F-95E9-BC79ADAC18E7.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 4
YaMon,

SquirrelMaster

I was using Turboimagehost but I've recently gone to IMGbb and created an account so that all the photos I upload can be in one place rather than the multiple upload locations I've done over the years. Thanks for the edit @GetLeft I skimmed over that post and missed the part about image hosting and bandwidth so I'll just keep throwing everything on my IMGbb account.

SquirrelMaster,

Summer

Long Island, NY
You can upload right to the board from your computer or phone. Don’t need third party hosting sites.

pakololo said to try to post from external sources/links.
NewFC hosts images of up to 2MB. This policy might change if managing images becomes a problem.

As stated in the rules, do not upload images unless you own the rights. If possible, we prefer that you link to images that are hosted on external sites rather than uploading them here. It is worth noting that this forum is not blocked by imgur.com.

Also, to save server space, pak or Stu said to only quote the part of a post that is applicable to your reply & not the whole post.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: YaMon

ginolicious

pakololo said to try to post from external sources/links.

Also, to save server space, pak or Stu said to only quote the part of a post that is applicable to your reply & not the whole post.

Yikes! Totally missed that. My bad.

Anyone recommend a image hosting site? I know I been going crazy with photos.

I’ve had so many sites over the time.

-imgur
- photobucket
- image station.

GinoLicious,

ginolicious

What’s the easiest to use off a phone with high storage? I plan to use one again. If it’s easier for everyone. And plus I like backing up all my photos somewhere else so I don’t lose them. I know imgur was kind of a nightmare on my phone. I want to be able to create albums and stuff as I have various amounts of photos to share.

GinoLicious,
Top Bottom